• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition 2012 Palo Alto F-Class/Prone Season- Louisiana

Re: 2012 Palo Alto F-Class/Prone Season- Louisiana

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RStewart</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fredo0621</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there any restrictions? Suppressors? Brakes?
Is it on the website? </div></div>

Yes there are restrictions. Suppressors and brakes are not allowed in F-class. However, from March until October we also run a Field Precision Rifle match on the 2nd Saturday of each month. Rules for it are posted in the Tactical Match forum on here.
Or PM me with an email address and I'll get you the rules for both.
Rick </div></div>

PM Sent

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone from SouthWest Louisiana? </div></div>

We do have some folks come over from Lafayette.

Not sure where you are in SW LA, but if Palo is too far, there is a match held around south Houston if that would be closer.

Rick

I'm not worried about the drive at all, just seeing if anyone was around me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not worried about the drive at all, just seeing if anyone was around me </div></div>
Gotcha.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kengel2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ill be out there as much as possible once my stock comes in. </div></div>

To open FPR tp to more folks we are extending barrel length to 30" and overall weight to 18 lbs. That should make a few more rifles legal.
Rick

That's great Rick. That'll let a friend of mine in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ashland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's great Rick. That'll let a friend of mine in. </div></div>

Good. We'll make a new thread about the FPR match next month and will post the rules with changes.
Rick

February Mid-Range Prone/F-class match is next Saturday, the 4th.

Only one month until FPR matches start. We have a few surprises in store, so watch for the thread.

went to reconfirm zero and run the scope a few times checking corrections. I'll definitely be there this month!

I plan on coming down to shoot with you guys on the 4th...ready to get the season started

GTGC in Beaumont has a prone, f-class match once a month. 600 yards, I think the 4th Sat. of the month. Jan. match was last weekend.

I'm planning on being there.

20% to 30% chance of rain tomorrow. We plan to go forward with the match.
Rick

i've been watching the weather all day and checking this thread to make sure it still was. I'll be there. It jumps to 50% around noon, but i'm ok with that.

Just make sure to bring a towel
smile.gif

Had a good time today guys, despite not being able to get on target
frown.gif

I'll post up whether it was underpowered ammo or a scope issue once i'm able to diagnose it later this week. Either way i'll be back out there next month either with new rounds, new scope, or both!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CajunAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had a good time today guys, despite not being able to get on target
frown.gif

I'll post up whether it was underpowered ammo or a scope issue once i'm able to diagnose it later this week. Either way i'll be back out there next month either with new rounds, new scope, or both! </div></div>

But at least you got a bullet souvenir. Lol!

Eliminate on thing at a time. I would start with checking the scope.

Glad you came out and see you next month!

I wish I didn't, that way I could just chalk it up to the scope and carry on. But the fact that one bounced off the 2x4 places a possible issue with that lot of Federal ammo.

Going to go reconfirm zero and run some scope tests, then when my chrono gets in I'll run a few through it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CajunAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish I didn't, that way I could just chalk it up to the scope and carry on. But the fact that one bounced off the 2x4 places a possible issue with that lot of Federal ammo.

Going to go reconfirm zero and run some scope tests, then when my chrono gets in I'll run a few through it. </div></div>

I agree that something is not right when factory .308 ammo can't penetrate a board at 600 yards. But, you still want to make sure you have plenty of elevation on your scope. Never know when you may want to stretch it out past 600.
And we've all had our share of misfortunes/learning/"what the hell?" experiences along the way.
Rick

@Hoff, it was some 168g Federal Gold Medal Match out of my DPMS SASS.

@Rick, from my current zero I have 24 MOA worth of clicks up (which i pegged out today + 2 mil hold) and 32.5 MOA worth of clicks down....here's the kicker....the scope is only supposed to have 36 MOA total elevation, so now I'm even more confused

Beginning to think I should just order the HDMR and get it over with...its always easier to ask forgiveness than permission right:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CajunAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">@Hoff, it was some 168g Federal Gold Medal Match out of my DPMS SASS.

@Rick, from my current zero I have 24 MOA worth of clicks up (which i pegged out today + 2 mil hold) and 32.5 MOA worth of clicks down....here's the kicker....the scope is only supposed to have 36 MOA total elevation, so now I'm even more confused

Beginning to think I should just order the HDMR and get it over with...its always easier to ask forgiveness than permission right:) </div></div>

And have a comfy couch!
smile.gif

Wish I could have seen the bullet bounce off the target.

I picked up my stuff from Ritten and am now just waiting on the stock. Im tempted to just cancel my order and go with an AICS, just so I can get back to shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kengel2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wish I could have seen the bullet bounce off the target.

I picked up my stuff from Ritten and am now just waiting on the stock. Im tempted to just cancel my order and go with an AICS, just so I can get back to shooting. </div></div>

Ritten was in the pits. Said was hitting low and we maxed out his scope. Up 23+ moa from 100 zero. Should not have been anymore than 18 max out of that rifle.
The bullet hit and bounced off. A few others hit the frame and went in but no exit.
It will be interesting what they chrono at.

I'm going to try and make the March 3rd match. It will be my first match and my first time shooting out at 600 yards. I can't wait!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SouthernReliance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to try and make the March 3rd match. It will be my first match and my first time shooting out at 600 yards. I can't wait! </div></div>

Looking forward to seeing that big smile you'll have before you finish the first string.
Rick

Hopefully get my new scope by then, but either way I should get to FINALLY go chrony that ammo this weekend + some handloads I'm working on. So come hell or high water I should be back out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CajunAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully get my new scope by then, but either way I should get to FINALLY go chrony that ammo this weekend + some handloads I'm working on. So come hell or high water I should be back out there. </div></div>

Good deal.

not going to end up making it after all. Got the new scope in today and got it out to Sport Optics to get mounted and boresighted, but haven't put a round downrange with it yet so i'll have to pass until next month.

I was going to come out and just hangout, but the wife saw the opening and decided we needed some in-law time...woohoo!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CajunAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not going to end up making it after all. Got the new scope in today and got it out to Sport Optics to get mounted and boresighted, but haven't put a round downrange with it yet so i'll have to pass until next month.

I was going to come out and just hangout, but the wife saw the opening and decided we needed some in-law time...woohoo! </div></div>

It's one of the crosses we bear. Lol!