• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 STEEL SAFARI - Match Announcement

Zak Smith

TBAC Guy
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
logo.png
tbaclogo.png

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">COMPETITION DYNAMICS</span></span> and <span style="font-weight: bold">THUNDER BEAST ARMS CORPORATION</span> present the
<span style="font-weight: bold">2012 Steel Safari</span>
June 1-3, 2012
at the Blue Steel Ranch near Logan, NM
http://www.STEELSAFARI.com/

The Steel Safari is one of the premier true field long-range practical shooting matches in the country.

The web site has all the info http://www.STEELSAFARI.com/

There will be some changes to how we do registration this year. Details forthcoming.

Registration will open the first Monday in January.

Re: 2012 STEEL SAFARI - Match Announcement

Looks awesome. I look forward to trying to sign up for it.

We are always interested in adding new quality sponsors to our events. If you are interested PM me or email me at Jeff at Thunderbeastarms dot com.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w340FFiZ5c8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w340FFiZ5c8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Zak,

I'd like to join you guys for 2012. Hopefully I'll get registered in time.

Looks like a fun match!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get your apps in.. </div></div>

Done. Yesterday.

Let me draw your attention to the Competition Dynamics RO program.

<span style="font-weight: bold">THE DEAL
It's pretty simple - if you apply and are accepted to RO a match, you get a free, guaranteed slot at another CD match of your choice in the following 12 months. </span>

DETAILS- http://competition-dynamics.com/ro.php

Although the SS does not need many RO's because of its format, the RO program can guarantee you a slot in next year's SS, or any other CD match of your choice (see details at link)

http://www.steelsafari.com/register.php
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We will accept applications through the end of Monday January 9th.

The application may be delivered using any carrier you wish, but it is ultimately your responsibility to get it in on time. </div></div>
We will take apps after Monday and those apps will go on the wait list; but initial selection will be based on those received by Monday night.

Mine should be delivered in the morning. I am very excited about the opportunity.

We are pleased to announce that Trimble has signed up as a Sustaining Sponsor for the 2012 Competition Dynamics matches (excluding the SH Cup). Trimble makes super rugged field computers (and lots of other stuff) that is used by military snipers and others around the world. We are really happy to have the backing of a billion dollar corporation.

ReconFront.gif

We are pleased to announce that XS Sight Systems has signed up as an Associate Sponsor for the 2012 Competition Dynamics matches (excluding the SH Cup).

xs-logo-alpha.png

Well I hope my application was one of the lucky ones to get picked...

When/how do you plan to announce the applicants that made the match?

I'll be out of town scouting stage locations this weekend and at SHOT Show next week, and probably unable to respond to questions during those times.

Everyone who applied should have received an email last night notifying them if they got in or are on the wait list. At this time, there are 14 people on the wait list. Last year we were able to give everyone a "shot" at attending who stayed on the wait list (though I understand it is hard to make last minute arrangements). See you in June!

Zak.
would sponsors get to shoot the match at this time
where the match is full? or they have to go on wait list
as well?

Ray Riganian
peerless rifle co.

Hi Ray,

We had a specific number of slots reserved for major level match sponsors (Category 1 from the registration document), and I believe these are full. Please contact Jeff from the match web site, he is the director of sponsors and promotion.

thanks
Zak

We're rolling the SS into the same online registration system that the SHC, 24HSAC, etc, are using. Everyone who has registered already should have received an email with their link. I do need you to update your info.

thanks!

Anyone wanna share a room? I'm thinking Thursday to Saturday. PM me. Thx.

One of our long-time Steel Safari Assistant Match Directors has had to bow out this year due to work obligations. I'm happy to announce that Ray Sanchez has stepped up to fill the vacancy. Ray was the 2009 and 2011 Steel Safari champion. He was one of my Assistant Match Directors at the 2011 TBTC, and is also an AMD for the 2012 SHC and 24HSAC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone wanna share a room? I'm thinking Thursday to Saturday. PM me. Thx. </div></div>

Filled... Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone wanna share a room? I'm thinking Thursday to Saturday. PM me. Thx. </div></div>

I'm possibly looking to share a room as well. Anyone interested? Please PM me. Car pool from the Denver area would be a plus...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrFish</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm possibly looking to share a room as well. Anyone interested? Please PM me. Car pool from the Denver area would be a plus... </div></div>

Do you still sleep with your mouth open?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrFish</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm possibly looking to share a room as well. Anyone interested? Please PM me. Car pool from the Denver area would be a plus... </div></div>

Do you still sleep with your mouth open? </div></div>

I breathe through my gills.
smile.gif
I'm not a snorer... that I know of.

Hi,

Ray and I are down here doing setup already. We'll see you guys on Friday morning. Remember, there is no shooting on Thursday.

There is some late movement on the wait list, so if you're on it, be advised that you might be getting a call or email tomorrow in case your slot comes up. We will cycle through the wait list in order.

This year the Long-Range KD Match (LRKD) is part of the main match, not "Optional" like it was in the past. This takes place on Friday afternoon at 1:30pm. You must check in by 1:00pm on Friday. The LRKD is going to be worth a total of 10 points for its winner and a fraction of that to everyone else based on the relative scores. These normalized match points will be added to the normal points from the rest of the Steel Safari field stages. This means the new "possible" high score at the SS is 130 points. Any questions about this scoring can be answered during check-in or during the Shooters' Meeting. If you are not present for the LRKD stage you will get a zero on that portion.

Ray and I are going to be out in the field for the next several days with only limited email connectivity at night. If you can wait that long, an email is the best way to get a response. Thanks.

Maybe I missed it, but how many rounds are required for the LRKD match?

120 for the main match right?

120 for the 20 field stages and 18 on the side match.

This year the "Stage 10's" will be part of each field course out on the trail, both north and south.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi,

Ray and I are down here doing setup already. We'll see you guys on Friday morning. Remember, there is no shooting on Thursday.

There is some late movement on the wait list, so if you're on it, be advised that you might be getting a call or email tomorrow in case your slot comes up. We will cycle through the wait list in order.

This year the Long-Range KD Match (LRKD) is part of the main match, not "Optional" like it was in the past. This takes place on Friday afternoon at 1:30pm. You must check in by 1:00pm on Friday. The LRKD is going to be worth a total of 10 points for its winner and a fraction of that to everyone else based on the relative scores. These normalized match points will be added to the normal points from the rest of the Steel Safari field stages. This means the new "possible" high score at the SS is 130 points. Any questions about this scoring can be answered during check-in or during the Shooters' Meeting. If you are not present for the LRKD stage you will get a zero on that portion.

Ray and I are going to be out in the field for the next several days with only limited email connectivity at night. If you can wait that long, an email is the best way to get a response. Thanks.</div></div>

When did the Long Range KD side match become mandatory and not optional? Coulda' swore that I checked the rules on the CD website just a week or so ago and it said "optional".

It was made part of the main match prior to registration this year. That's why there was no separate price for it as there was in prior years- it's part of the main match.

We just got off the range. All targets have been placed and shoot positions marked.
I gotta say this is going to be a awesome course of fire.For those of you that have shot the SS before I think it got better. For those that are new it will be the best match you've been to...unless you like square ranges. I can't wait to run all 20 stations tomorrow myself (someone has to test for you guys).

I look forward to seeing you all here. It was only 97 today so it's not even that hot.

Due to last minute emergencies, one or two match slots have become available. Please call me ASAP if you would like to compete in the Steel Safari.