• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 THUNDER BEAST TEAM CHALLENGE

Re: 2012 THUNDER BEAST TEAM CHALLENGE

I will be there.

I would guess there will be a couple 308s there, but 260s are the most common.

Ray and I are heading down tomorrow to start setup of the new stages.

If any team has to cancel, please let me know ASAP so I can have a shooting schedule that doesn't have holes.

thanks and see everyone in a few days!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No because it's all on the web site. Click the SCHEDULE and MAP tabs.</div></div>

FYI

Note: Dates are tentative as of 12/1/2011.

OCT 20 - OCT 25 - BLUE STEEL RANCH CLOSED TO SHOOTING
MATCH FRIDAY OCT 26 - SUNDAY OCT 28

THURSDAY
1200-1600 Optional Sight-in/Check Zero (Front Range)
1700-1730 MANDATORY SHOOTERS' MEETING - FRONT RANGE
SHOOTERS MUST CHECK IN BEFORE 1700 THURSDAY. If you cannot check in during this time and attend the shooters' meeting, you must contact the match director privately for other check-in arrangements and to get an offline briefing.

FRIDAY
0715 First teams out must be present at the Front Range.
0730-1700 Shoot scheduled field courses
1800-2200 Shoot scheduled night courses

SATURDAY
0715 First teams out must be present at the Front Range.
0730-1700 Shoot scheduled field courses
1800-2200 Shoot scheduled night courses

SUNDAY
0730-1400 Shoot scheduled field courses
1400-1630 Results, Awards, and Prize table

FYI, we will be dropping the separate "teamwork" stage and will now have 6 assault stages (instead of 5). You might want to bring a little extra carbine ammo...

Field stages (3) are worth 300 match points each.
Assault stages (6) are worth 100 match points each.
The night stages (2) are worth 50 match point each.

Can you please let us know the new estimated round counts for the primary shooter's rifle/carbine and the support shooters carbine? No biggie if we were driving but we're flying and have already sent our ammo ahead (based on the previous estimates) Just want to be sure we have sufficient to shoot the match. Not sure if there's a Wal Mart or like nearby to purchase additional "blasting ammo" for the assault courses if we're short.

Thanks! Looking forward to the match!

Precision rifle: approx 100 targets

Carbine targets on field courses: 45

Carbine targets on assault and night stages (combined between shooters, roughly split): approx 190

This is less than the round count posted on the match web site, but keep in mind for the carbine count, I listed target counts above: on field courses many people require more than 1 round per target and on paper targets 1 A can neutralize but more rounds are required for worse "zone" hits.

If you are going to shoot at every carbine target at least twice, then you need to at least double 190 target number.

Thanks for the clarification. I looked at the rules on the TB website and didn't see any standard criteria for neutralizing paper targets on the assault stages. Based on the reply above it looks like one A-zone or 2 anywhere? Or is the criteria stipulated in each course description? Also, are all paper targets neutralized the same regardless of caliber?

Thanks!

It's covered in the packet you get at check-in - below is the relevant excerpt

Paper scoring did not change from last year, other than I reduced the FTN penalty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The assault stages are populated with cardboard IPSC/USPSA targets. These may be neutralized by: 1 A hit; two hits in the B+C zones;
or any combination of four hits anywhere on the target. Any targets hit but not neutralized will incur a 5 second FTN penalty. Any
targets not hit at all will incur a 20 second UNHIT penalty. Any no-shoot (white) targets hit will incur a 20 second penalty. “Breaking
the perf” is what determines a hit in the respective zone. (There is no separate “FTE” penalty other than the 20-second UNHIT.)
</div></div>

Ah, that is very helpful. Thanks for posting!

We got some surprise stuff today for the prize table. It's now valued at >$52,000. Thanks once again to all our sponsors who support extreme practical field shooting events!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mendocino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We got some surprise stuff today for the prize table. </div></div>

I am bringing down 1,000 pcs of 300 Whisper/Blackout brass for the table as well. See you tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mendocino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We got some surprise stuff today for the prize table. </div></div>

I am bringing down 1,000 pcs of 300 Whisper/Blackout brass for the table as well. See you tomorrow. </div></div>

And another surprise! see you soon Hoser, bring your long-johns...

Simply awesome, first time at this match and I had such a great time. Big thanks goes out to all the RO's ,Zak and Ray for all the hard work and great stage design. The sponsors were very generous to the prize table and there was tons of great stuff for us to pick from.

Thanks again and cant wait for next year

Another match well done! Thanks to everyone who made it happen including the TBAC staff, ROs, sponsors, the Wheelers, and all of the fellow competitors.

Last years match was the most fun match I shot... till this one. Can't wait for next year.

Congrats to RJ and Sky. Well done!

On behalf of the match staff, I'd like to thank all the competitors for coming to test themselves at the 2012 Thunder Beast Team Challenge. You displayed a superior level of safety in dynamic shooting situations while traversing hard terrain with a high level of physical exertion. Everyone was on the ball and on-time and that really helped us keep the match a little bit ahead of schedule. All the teams should feel proud for completing this event. It takes a lot of expertise in different shooting disciplines/styles to succeed at this match and it's a significant accomplishment to place in the top 10 at the TBTC.

Thanks to the RO's for working their asses off for (at least) 3 days: Paul, Jeff, Ann, Travis, Michael, Mike, Matt, (USO) Mike, Stan, Ray, James, Joe, Dave. While the competitors shot 4 field/assault courses a day, the RO's had to work about 15. That's a hell of a lot of work and I know some of you were smoked by the end of the weekend.

Thanks to Ray for his extraordinary help as Assistant Match Director. Thanks to the land owners, Dave and Lorraine W., for continued access to their property. Also a special thanks to Jeff and Ann for their efforts throughout 2012 to make sure we have the right sponsors in place for all our events.

Also thanks to all the sponsors for an excellent prize table and support throughout the year. We had teams competing from US Optics, JP Enterprises, Trijicon, Burris/Steiner, and Barrett.

Results
http://competition-dynamics.com/thunder-beast-team-challenge-2012/tbtc2012scores.pdf

Photo gallery 1 http://demigodllc.com/photo/TBTC-2012/

D464_4695_img.jpg

D464_4703_img.jpg

Zak and TBAC Team - this was a fantastic match! Thank you to the RO's, sponsors, The Wheeler's, The Hamilton's for their excellent prize table, all of the competitors. Congrats to RJ and Sky for their win! What a match!

Well.... I have a long list of thank yous..... Zak for a great match (fair, quick scoring, no drama, etc), suggesting I do CrossFit a year ago, recommending a 260 AIAW, and being an overall asset to the sport. Ray for being an all around great guy and an amazing shooter and instructor. All of the RO's who gave up three days of their time to chase us around the desert insuring a great match. Dave and Lorraine for having us at their amazing facility a second time this year. Jeff and Ann for the great prize table, nobody knows the time spent on this task. Ann (again) for not freaking out when I took a bad digger and dropped more than a few too many F bombs during her stage. Bruce and Brandon for sewing my melon between stages, saving a six hour trip to the hospital (and probably missing a night shoot). All of the match sponsors, especially Barrett for placing TWO 98 Bravos on the prize table. Frank for training with us. My sponsors (Steiner, TriggerTime, 3GunStuff, Spuhr, Victor Co., Snipershide) for their support and bulletproof gear. My Steiner scope and Spuhr mount took a direct fall (with me on top of them) on a bed of rocks and continued to perform flawlessly. Sky for putting up with me for 12 hours in a car and being a world class carbine shooter. My friends and teammates (Jess, Lane, Ken, Beck, Tom, Dino, Dorgan, Fish, and Chuck) for always being willing to take off last minute and do an overnight trip to a shoot. GREAT job Thunderbeast/Competition Dynamics (I noticed at least the top six teams were running Thunderbeast suppressors). :) RJ

RJ, It was a pleasure to meet you.... and great job.. I ROed u on stage one and you and sky were so on point. Thanks for coming.

Dave

Went smooth and on schedule again this year with even more shooting . Plan to be back next year to give it hell again .

Many thanks to Ray and Zak for a well designed and well run match. The Team Challenge is a really fun format. Also, thanks to all of the great sponsors - it was particularly nice to see so many of them represented on the competitor teams. Of course, a big thank-you to the land owners, Dave and Lorraine for letting us use their fantastic facility. And finally, I can’t say enough about what a great group of people the match staff, ROs, and competitors were just to be around. Hope to see everybody back again next year.

Another great match put on by competition dynamics.. You guys managed to produce a multifaceted match that tested everyones skill - speed, endurance, target recognition, precision and strategy. Every course of fire was awesome!

Thanks to all the sponsors and to the guys/gals that made it happen. RO's worked their butts off on this one,,, thanks.

Can't wait to do it again!!

griz

Zak, Ray, Jeff and Ann and the rest of the Competition Dynamics team, you always put on a kick ass event. Thank you!

Thanks to all the RO's who gave up their time to follow us around the Blue Steel Ranch and who had a marathon day on Thursday.

Thanks Dave and Lorriane for hosting such a great event.

Sponsors, out freakin standing support of the Thunderbeast Team Challange. It is really great to see some of you guys participate as well.

To my Steiner team mates, RJ and Sky, you guys rocked it!!!! The bar for finishing the field courses was definitely raised. Congrats on a very tough and convincing win.

I definitely had a blast. Already looking forward to next year and planning accordingly. It was nice meeting different shooters. Hope to compete with you next year.

Finally thanks to my partner, Tom P. Objective met and mission complete my friend.

Dino

There might be a funner and more challenging match out there, but I have not found it yet.

Congrats to RJ and Sky. Outstanding shooting. You guys earned your win for sure.

Zak and his crew did an outstanding job on everything. Mr and Mrs Mendocino put together a killer prize table.

Mike and I will be back next year for sure. Maybe by then he will have a detachable mag fed rifle.

Another great shoot! The CD guys know how to put on an event. My thanks to Zak, Ray, Jeff, the folks behind the scenes, and finally all of the ROs. It ran smoothly, safely, and what a blast. The competitors are a great bunch and as usual I learned a lot.

Dave and Lorraine's Blue Steel Ranch is in my opinion, one of the finest places in the country to shoot. If you have not shot a CD event here you are missing out on what is the finest in practical shooting competition.

RJ and Sky totally dominated the field events and showed us how it should be done.
Looking forward to next year.

Many thanks to all of the CC staff for a really great match. It was fun and a real challenge. Lots of hard work went into this match. Thanks to all of the RO's who worked hard and were very professional. Dave and Lorraine Wheeler were teriffic, as always. Thank you. RJ and Sky you guys rock! Dino, my partner, Thank you.

Having to shoot all 3 field stages and all 6 assault stages in one day was a surprise.
We were informed of this schedule 2300 night before while heading to hotel.
didnt get to hotel until after 0100.
Did it on less than 4 hours of sleep.
Wont do that again unless we can get a 500 point handicap!!!!!
geeesh!!

It was a fun match, I earned a lot from ROing the teams.
A night assault stage or two would be welcome next year.
The prizes were great, the attitudes were superb, thanks again for a memorable time.

Absolutely great experience. My partner and I were pushed mentally and physically and learned alot. Couldnt be nicer people to spend 3 days with: RO's, competetors, Zak and Ray Dog. Always good to see Mike and Michael. I am already thinking hard on how to maximize preparation for next year. The Wheelers couldnt have been more hospitable. Thanks to everyone! Also, I got to run some gear really hard.