• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2013 JP Rifles/ Mammoth Sniper Challenge

Re: 2013 Mammoth Sniper Challenge

You will get your box when you check in. We will transport the box for both Friday and Saturday night. You will not see the box once we take it until you arrive at the camping site.

I know, as with anything new, millions of questions....

Once camp is set up on Friday night, does everything stay up through Sunday morning or do you break it down each morning before heading out to the first stage?

Barring an Arctic blast like year before last, this should be a hoot!

You break it down and everything either goes back in the team box or in your pack. We will be at different camping spots each night. If someone chooses to leave the extreme division during the night then we will transport them back to the lodge.

No problem on the questions. Feel free to ask, I want everyone to be ready for the extreme division when they get there.

For ETM will it be "primitive" camping or is this in a camp ground? Do we have to deal with latrine issues or will there be facilities for waste?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-Payne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should add in a couple pistol stages this year! </div></div>Sure.......but wouldn't it just be easier to give the AMU team a 10 point head start! Maybe 10 more in lieu of a couple shotgun stages...lol

Please no pistol, just more crap to transport and carry!

There will be no added guns for the shooter to bring. We may have some stage guns from sponsors.

Another gun besides the primary and secondary guns will never have any impact on scores for the match.

As far as the camping site, yes it is very primitive. There will be a port a potty put out at the campsites. We will supply burn barrels with enough wood for about 2 hours. You can gather up more wood if you want it. We will have water available 24/7 for the extreme tough man teams any time you need it.

Regular tough man will be resupplied with water before the last movement on Friday and Sunday before the movement back to the lodge. Saturday they will be resupplied with water after when they reach their second stage and before the movement back to the lodge.

What is 'typical' weather in January for this area? Lots of precipitation?

1 box per ETM team?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRSDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is 'typical' weather in January for this area? Lots of precipitation?

1 box per ETM team? </div></div>

Year 1....freezing/snowing hell. Low 30's.

Year 2....Quite pleasant mid 50's to about 60.

Year 3....Your guess is as good as mine.

I'm in....which division will be determined by how twisted of a partner i can talk into doing this...mid 30s ybl is generous..i was thinking mid teens...maybe...w wind it was sporty

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LivefreeRdie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in....which division will be determined by how twisted of a partner i can talk into doing this...mid 30s ybl is generous..i was thinking mid teens...maybe...w wind it was sporty </div></div>

LOL.....Maybe Mid 30s was the average between when the RO's shot and when the normal competitors shot. All I know is it took about a week for me to get feeling back in my hands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRSDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is 'typical' weather in January for this area? Lots of precipitation?

Year 3....Your guess is as good as mine.</div></div>

HA! this is truth! Weather could potentially dictate a lot for the ETM. Tell David to stop smoking and yall shoot the ETM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRSDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is 'typical' weather in January for this area? Lots of precipitation?

1 box per ETM team?</div></div>

Yes, one box per team

First year if memory serves me right, temps were teens down to single digit, & snow. Bolt56

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Here2Learn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRSDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is 'typical' weather in January for this area? Lots of precipitation?

Year 3....Your guess is as good as mine.</div></div>

HA! this is truth! Weather could potentially dictate a lot for the ETM. Tell David to stop smoking and yall shoot the ETM </div></div>

LOL, Dave needing to stop smoking is half the battle. I need to lose another 30 pounds so I don't die on the up hills with my knees.

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring on this as well. I'm not sure whether I'm a tough man or an extreme tough man though. I really worry more about doing 20 minute miles on some of that terrain while carrying a pack than I do about the camping part.......Although as I recall it was single digits, very windy, with a little precipitation at the first one.....I guess I'm looking for a partner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barrel Nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to throw my hat in the ring on this as well. I'm not sure whether I'm a tough man or an extreme tough man though. I really worry more about doing 20 minute miles on some of that terrain while carrying a pack than I do about the camping part.......Although as I recall it was single digits, very windy, with a little precipitation at the first one.....I guess I'm looking for a partner. </div></div>

I am with ya on the 20 minute mile part. I can do it on flat ground - but add in the pack ,rifle, and hills and its going to be a struggle for me!
I hope they will have some oxygen on standby I am sure I will need it!!

If you aren't already "in shape", you'll need to train up a bit for the humping.

I trained for 2 months last year. At the gym, I could maintain 4mph up a 15% grade on the treadmill indefinitely...no problem...

Nonetheless, at Mammoth, the end-of-the-day hump up the grade back to the lodge had my thighs, calves and quads burning like a mofo.

Can we get some clarification on 1: "...you have to shoot with what you bring to the first stage" or words to that effect? If I am in the ETM class, and carry my pack with all my stuff from stage to stage, do I have to shoot with my pack on? Can I leave my pack at the beginning of the stage and then collect it when I am done shooting and move to the next stage? On the low crawl stage the pack would be a hinderance, in other stages I suspect the pack would be a significant aid to shooting.

2) If squads move "together" in ETM how is the team shooting order selected within their squad? Does the ETM squad have to wait for all the teams to show up before the first team can shoot?

You can leave your pack in the holding area.

Once the time limit is up for moving then the squad will start shooting the stage. The first team to arrive at the stage will pick the shooting order for that stage.

Any idea when registration confirmation emails will go out?

What happens if a gun goes down? Never seen one of these where someone didn't have to go to a backup.

Same answer as last year. If you are in either one of the tough man divisions then you must carry a back up if you think you may need one.

No backup guns will be shot unless cleared by the match director.

So are we still stuck shooting a .223 as a carbine in the ETM class, I am really hung up on this as I would like to shoot my grendel. Also are the stages timed, I read about the 20 minute mile.
Thanks Brandon

It is either .223 or .308 for the secondary in both the tough man and extreme tough man.

All stages are timed.

We have an announcement to make. Templar Tactical has become our extreme tough man sponsor. They are building a pair of matching rifles for the division winners.

We will post all the details and specs for the rifles in a week or so. You guys are gonna be shocked when the the details of the rifles come out.

Again a huge thanks to Templar Tactical for taking this on.

Check out the sponsor page on the match website. We have a lot of sponsors and more coming in every week.

Is their an avarage target size theme for this match? Trying to figure this match out and decide accordingly.
Primary gun, 1-3 MOA targets and Secondary 2-4 MOA?
Thanks,
Brandon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fockell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is their an avarage target size theme for this match? Trying to figure this match out and decide accordingly.
Primary gun, 1-3 MOA targets and Secondary 2-4 MOA?
Thanks,
Brandon </div></div>
I found it in the match description.
Target size will range from 1/2 to 3 MOA
Brandon

This is too close to home to NOT enter ... i love this type of match; normally lots of quitters, after the first night if it's cold

giving ETM division serious thought -

One question Joe -

the rules/match description says for ETM "there will be no restocking/resupply" but we can place whatever we want in the team box correct ? and we have access to that box all night once we reach the campsite ?

boxes are then collected once it's time to break camp ?

and what happens to a ETM/TM team if they do not make it to the next stage of fire in the allotted time of 20min's per mile ?

thanks !

Yes to your first 2 questions.

If you do not make the time limit. You will be taken to get your car and then you just switch over to shooting the match as a regular team.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1b375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If you do not make the time limit. You will be taken to get your car and then you just switch over to shooting the match as a regular team.</div></div>

This happened to a few teams last year. They still shot with our squad, just didn't worry about the hike in between stages.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: banshee sws</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, thanks !

can etm teams use a backpacking stove in camp to cook with?</div></div>

Yes

whens the final sign up date? Talking my partner into signing up but dont know work schedule yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1b375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes they are spots open. </div></div>
Thanks Joe, Registration inbound.

Re: 2013 JP Rifles/ Mammoth Sniper Challenge

So how many guys are joining the stupidity of the ultra tough man besides my partner and I. I think this will be a great test of cold weather gear. For some reason I don't think we are going to have the tropical climate of last year. I got the feeling it's going to be like the weather at the first match, colder than a witches titty with a brass bra and matching steel grandma panties.

Can't wait for it!!!

I predict a msting popsicle by Saturday night

My partner and I are shooting the ETM. One question I am not clear on is if we drop our packs at the beginning of each stage. Or is more like each stage may cover some distance where you can't leave the pack behind.

Thanks
Brandon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: msting22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, sense I'll be one of the RO camping out with you guy's I want it to drop down into the teens as well. It will make for some interesting nights and mornings. LOL

</div></div>
Since you are the responsible over watch RO, how do you feel about having a bottle of whiskey in our 2' cube box? I think we can squeeze it in.

I have looked at the application all over and can't find the 1st day for sign up? Have I missed it? When is it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have looked at the application all over and can't find the 1st day for sign up? Have I missed it? When is it?</div></div>

Dammit Todd get that app in ASAP. U going to be at PTS?