• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2013 JP Rifles/ Mammoth Sniper Challenge

Necro-bump to say I notice the Mammoth Sniper Challenge website has been updated to show January 3-5 as dates for the 2014 competition.

I'm planning to help jonesy get smoked this year :p and look forward to my first match.

ETA: am I misreading when I see that the ToughMan division is 223/308 only for both weapons, not only secondary weapons?

Last edited:
6. Firearms Classifications
6.1 Open Match
Firearms may be chambered in 5.56x45 (.223 Remington) or larger, up to and including .300 Winchester Magnum.
The maximum allowed projectile weight is 220 grains.
The maximum allowed muzzle velocity is 3200 feet per second.
6.2 Tough Man Match
Firearms may be chambered in 5.56x45 (.223 Remington) or .308 Winchester only.

Looks like its 556 or 308 to me.

I am planning on attending this year and entering the Extreme Toughman along with my shooting buddy.

I am planning on a new pack for the trip. I have come to the conclusion that the Eberlestock Packs are in my sweet spot as far as value.

I am hoping someone who has participated in the ETM can tell me exactly what you must hump from stage to stage.

Do you have to haul everything but your tent and sleeping bag? Can someone explain the 2 square foot box? Is the box for camp gear or can you use it for anything?

I want to get the lightest pack possible, but still have plenty of room.

Basically any info you can provide to help me decide on the size of a pack would be appreciated. Thanks.

Looks like there is no box this year and tents are set up prior to match and everything else is carried for the duration of the match.

From the 2014 match details: Will be allowed to setup their tent and sleeping gear (bag and liner only) on Thursday night or Friday morning. All other gear must be carried with the team for the duration of the match. No restocking of any kind will be allowed

So this must mean ammo, extra clothing, food, cooking supplies must be carried. Wow! This will be fun.

Humping enough water for the entire match each day for 2.5 days along with all the rest of your gear will definitely be "challenging".

I might have to retire to the "Gentlemen Shooter" division.

Humping enough water for the entire match each day for 2.5 days along with all the rest of your gear will definitely be "challenging".

I might have to retire to the "Gentlemen Shooter" division.

You have to hump the water needed for the entire match? Ouch! I'd be tempted to either A) bring a filter, B) bring water tabs, or C), go to the tough or regular man division..