• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2013 JP Rifles/ Mammoth Sniper Challenge

Re: 2013 JP Rifles/ Mammoth Sniper Challenge

Did a little urban hiking today with my gear. 3 miles, 40 min, with about 50 pounds. Has anyone else done this? The look on people's faces is priceless when they drive past me and see my barrel sticking out the top of my pack. Love it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will they deliver the beverages to the campsites?
smile.gif
</div></div>

Maybe a moble bar for the guys camping. Rock Castle could make some nice coin!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Here2Learn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will they deliver the beverages to the campsites?
smile.gif
</div></div>

Maybe a moble bar for the guys camping. Rock Castle could make some nice coin! </div></div>

I'll bring a pint of Bourbon if you bring some Cohibas or Monte Christos

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssatt68</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Here2Learn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will they deliver the beverages to the campsites?
smile.gif
</div></div>

Maybe a moble bar for the guys camping. Rock Castle could make some nice coin! </div></div>

</div></div>

Smoked my first Monte Christo last weekend with some KILLER scotch....yummmy

Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remlin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did a little urban hiking today with my gear. 3 miles, 40 min, with about 50 pounds. Has anyone else done this? The look on people's faces is priceless when they drive past me and see my barrel sticking out the top of my pack. Love it.</div></div>

Damn bro' just over 13 minute miles with 50lbs is pretty strong. You'll have no trouble making the time limit at the match if you can do that.

Good thing you don't live in in a state like CT or NY or you'd probably be in the slammer for hiking around with a rifle sticking out of your pack....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remlin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did a little urban hiking today with my gear. 3 miles, 40 min, with about 50 pounds. Has anyone else done this? The look on people's faces is priceless when they drive past me and see my barrel sticking out the top of my pack. Love it.</div></div>

Damn bro' just over 13 minute miles with 50lbs is pretty strong. You'll have no trouble making the time limit at the match if you can do that.

Good thing you don't live in in a state like CT or NY or you'd probably be in the slammer for hiking around with a rifle sticking out of your pack.... </div></div>

That's BLAZING. My partner and I are doing this event to practice for Survuval Trial and 24 Sniper Cahllenge, both 24hours with 30+ miles above 8000'. My training loop here in VA has been 10.7 miles. I can do it in less than 3 1/2 hours averaging about .055 to .06 miles per minute in full gear. (.05 is a 20 minute mile). 13 is a decent trot with 50#. I'd say you will be picking the shooting order all week
smile.gif

Speaking of causing a ruckus from carrying rifles, we had a visit from a county mounty a couple of weekends doing that same loop. I offered to explain the law to the complaining resident if the deputy didn't want to.

Weather forecast suggests cold. Oughtta be fun.

Na there are always a couple fs boys that run the entire thing. These guys run half marathons as a warm up. They will be picking the order more than likely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johny B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Na there are always a couple fs boys that run the entire thing. These guys run half marathons as a warm up. They will be picking the order more than likely. </div></div>

Nice. We will not be, guess we will arrive just in time to start shooting first.. ;-)
Looking forward to meeting everyone and having some fun.

Everyone may want to take a look at the website for the updated schedule.

There are 6 stage briefings but we are planning on shooting 7 weather permitting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssatt68</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Here2Learn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will they deliver the beverages to the campsites?
smile.gif
</div></div>

</div></div>

which one you like Scott?

13 minute miles will getrrr done for sure.

There will be some youngsters from group that will do 8-9 minute miles, just cause they can and so they can make Knight and me shoot first or last depending on the conditions ;-). All though it looks like Joe squaded most of the 3rd and 5th group guys together. That is going to interesting. Nothing like a little group rivalry.

Squad list will be posted during registration. Not going to put it on the Internet.

How does ssat68 now who is squaded with who?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssatt68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jim,
How is Dave? Are you gonna be able to find a partner?</div></div>

David's foot is broke and he is in a plaster cast! Spencer Morgan is shooting with me so watch out bitches!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tmpohuski7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does ssat68 now who is squaded with who? </div></div>
Its a guess on what Joe had set up last year. I worded it incorrectly, I'm not in the "know"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Here2Learn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssatt68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jim,

David's foot is broke and he is in a plaster cast! Spencer Morgan is shooting with me so watch out bitches! </div></div>

Strong team! I like the Monte #2s the best. What kind of Bourbon do you like?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Here2Learn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssatt68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jim,

David's foot is broke and he is in a plaster cast! Spencer Morgan is shooting with me so watch out bitches! </div></div>

adapting and rallying

Go get'm boys!!!!

id sure like to shoot this one. wife would skin me if i miss 10yr. wedding anniversary!

good luck to all!

smile.gif
</div></div>

</div></div>

How about I bring some good cigars instead?

Bill

Just got done with 6.5 miles of hill training with partial snow cover...makes it feel like 10 miles. Damn snow makes every step uphill feel like two or three. One thing I'll say for Pittsburgh is that there is no shortage of hills here.

I'm excited as hell for this event. No delusions of winning, mind you, but I want to give it a serious go. I can't think of anything better to abuse myself with for good money!

Looking forward to meeting everybody

-Bryan

Rules question:

Each stage says something akin to "only equipment allowed is pack, bipod legs, rear bag"

What about a spotter, PDA, shooting sticks, kestrel, stopwatch, etc etc?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rules question:

Each stage says something akin to "only equipment allowed is pack, bipod legs, rear bag"

What about a spotter, PDA, shooting sticks, kestrel, stopwatch, etc etc? </div></div>

Im sure MD will reply but my gut says that list is for what can support the weapon.

Having shot this many times, he has never discouraged a spotter or other no weapon support items.

PDA is only allowed on certain stages, it states that in the stage briefing where you got the other info. That is mainly for the shooter, no aide except what is listed. Yo can use your partners shoulder or back if needed. Electronics is not allowed on certain stages.

I will be out of the loop except at night until the match. If you have questions, I will try to answer them at night when we get off the range.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this week.

David's foot is broke and he is in a plaster cast! Spencer Morgan is shooting with me so watch out bitches!</div></div>

Yep, busted foot in a cast for the next 6 weeks. Bummer but I'll be there helping spot hits so I'll see you hard heads next weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rules question:

What about a spotter, PDA, shooting sticks, kestrel, stopwatch, etc etc? </div></div>

I assume a rear monopod is okay since rear bags are permitted?
Also, what about standard calculators? Non/PDA ?
Please clarify
Thanks

Good question on the calculator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Here2Learn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssatt68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jim,

David's foot is broke and he is in a plaster cast! Spencer Morgan is shooting with me so watch out bitches!</div></div>

Yep, busted foot in a cast for the next 6 weeks. Bummer but I'll be there helping spot hits so I'll see you hard heads next weekend. </div></div>
Dave,
Its good to here that it isn't anything too serious. See you out there

Trying out some of the camping gear tonight. Should get to the upper 20s so this should be a good shake down run!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: msting22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What gear did you test out and how did it work out?

Marcus</div></div>

Just my borrowed sleeping bag and mat. Might also bring this tent along, not sure.

How did it go? Brrr. I've never camped in this cold of weather, hence the borrowed sleeping bag. I'll probably layer up a little more this weekend and I'll be fine. That's why I wanted to give this a trial run. My wife thinks I'm nuts for camping out one more night then necessary, but I don't think its any different then making sure all of your gun gear works properly.

Not to open a huge can of worms here but is it ok to have a sidearm on us?

-Bryan

Your going to be camped around about 60 shooters that can make a hit out to 1000 yards. Seriously your worried about having a pistol on you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fryj00</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to open a huge can of worms here but is it ok to have a sidearm on us?

-Bryan </div></div>

If you look at the rules (1.2) Joe runs a cold range, so it would be a waste to carry around an unlaoded pistol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johny B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your going to be camped around about 60 shooters that can make a hit out to 1000 yards. Seriously your worried about having a pistol on you. </div></div>

A simple yes or no would do. I'm not worried about it...just want to know the rules. I'm sure that most guys in this competition are daily "carriers". Don't see how this competition is any different. (I wouldn't think that I need to explain myself in this venue)

Btw, last I checked, long-barreled rifles with big optics weren't really very effective CQB choice.

Thanks - Bryan

Sorry if my remark sounded like a smart ass. That just caught me as a funny question.

If you look at almost any major shooting match the rules will state that it will be a cold range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fryj00</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johny B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your going to be camped around about 60 shooters that can make a hit out to 1000 yards. Seriously your worried about having a pistol on you. </div></div>

Btw, last I checked, long-barreled rifles with big optics weren't really very effective CQB choice.

Thanks - Bryan</div></div>

Actually this match a couple years ago that is exactly what the guns were used for on a stage... cowboy town!

From the words of the great Sgt. Hulka.."lighten up Francis"

That is correct. That target got a few people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Here2Learn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fryj00</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johny B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your going to be camped around about 60 shooters that can make a hit out to 1000 yards. Seriously your worried about having a pistol on you. </div></div>

Thanks - Bryan</div></div>

Actually this match a couple years ago that is exactly what the guns were used for on a stage... cowboy town! </div></div>

Spenser is a hell of a shooter. He really thinks stages through and keeps a level head under stress......you'll do well with him shooting at your side.

He's really into the whole outdoor and fitness thing, so if you're shooting extreme tough man you guys should make a very strong showing.

Good luck guys, hope the weather is mild for you.

Well, my gear is packed. And un-packed and packed again. If it wasn't for the flu I'd be too excited to stand myself. Packed the Oral-IV's, hopefully there's a medic in the group with a couple of bags in case I fall out
blush.gif

On a serious note- I assume admins have a plan to keep water thawed and available in the am hours? No offense meant if that question is "ridiculous", I can always blame the flu corrupting my brain...

Is there a team or shooter list of who is shooting this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a team or shooter list of who is shooting this?</div></div>

There will be one at registration but nothing online

Beautiful rifles. The artwork on the stocks is awesome. My wife just said, "it's a good thing they posted pictures of them... that might be the closest you get to them."

Hey guy's, here's a preview of the Templar Tactical Firearms rifles for Extreme Tough Man Division. We would also like to thank McMillan USA for donating the stocks and Brux Barrels for donating the matching Barrels

M.

Mammoth-Rifles-Right_2_zps2fb8dbd6.jpg

Mammoth-Rifles-Leftbutt1-1_zps86a6c056.jpg