• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2013 SNIPER ADVENTURE CHALLENGE

Zak,

Can you recommend a SPOT rental company that will provide a shared URL three weeks in advance of the competition? Which ranch units (cottonwood, crooked canyon, north, etc..) will be used during the competition? Which nights and meals are included in the lodging package?

Thank you,
Kevin

For the SPOT go here: Deliberate Dynamics | Military and Law Enforcement Tactical Gear and Equipment they can help you. Mostly Ox Yoke will be used during the competition. For Sprint Class the meal and lodging package includes billet and dinner on July 4th and 6th, and breakfast July 5th and 7th. For Endurance Class the meal and lodging package includes billet and dinner on July 4th and 6th, and breakfast on July 7th.
Sprint and Endurance competitors are responsible for all of their nutrition needs during the race. Water will be provided along the courses. In the event that a competitor drops out of the race or finishes early it will be their responsibility to pay Felix Canyon Ranch in cash directly for any additional meals and lodging.

Let us know if you have any other questions,

Ann

Ann,

Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately Deliberate Dynamics only sells SPOT trackers. SPOT tracker purchase plus the required minimum annual subscription means an extra $200 dollar piece of kit I would only use for this competition. If you could drop the three weeks prior submission requirement for the SPOT shared URL to "submit before start of event", I could rent, reducing my cost to $50. Also, what will the start time be on on Friday?

Cheers,

Kevin

Will my .308 be able to engage the targets, or will I have to just write off the longer ones? I push 175's at 2685 gps.

Deliberate Dynamics has a great SPOT deal for you SAC competitors:

Here is a link to the SPOT Connect that has a additional $50.00 off in a rebate. We will also give 20% off MSRP.

Click the link: SPOT Connect

Click the link: Get Connected

My teamate and I are training hard and we are really looking forward to the event.

We have a couple of questions, however:

Will we have a place to zero rifles the day before the event?

Where can we ship items in advance of the event, like the pencil flares that cannot be carried on a commercial flight?

Thanks

Dario

I won't be competing this year but I plan to train and to be ready to compete next year. Random question though. On the required items it says a rifle sling is required for safe carrying. Does this mean that the rifle cannot be carried in a pack such as a gunslinger?

Zak,

Can you recommend a SPOT rental company that will provide a shared URL three weeks in advance of the competition? Which ranch units (cottonwood, crooked canyon, north, etc..) will be used during the competition? Which nights and meals are included in the lodging package?

Thank you,
Kevin

You can shoot me a message, Deliberate Dynamics is offering SPOT trackers at a big discount for the teams.

DELIBERATE DYNAMICS will be offering a limited number if SPOTs as rentals, with a cheaper option for the "Spot Connect" service contract for the event duration. Please contact them directly to get in on this deal.

Also, I just sent out email directions on how to "register" your SPOT with us in preparation for the event. The more of these we can get verified prior to the event, the less last-minute hassle everyone will have.

THANKS

24H Sniper Adventure Challenge t-shirts will be available at the match for competitors at $10 for the first one and $15/ea for extras. Please email [email protected] in the next two days with size and number if you'd like to pre-order. We need to get these to the printer very soon.

For reference, here's what the '12 shirt looked like. The '13 shirts will feature the same logo but will be tuned up.

sac_mockup_12.jpg

thanks
Zak

Zak,
I have a Delorme InReach device that is current. Can I give you the tracking information for that device in lieu of the Spot tracker? I also have a Spot tracker but the service is not current. The Spot folks require I sign up for a year to reactivate the Spot, at a cost of $150.

To clarify on the SPOTs:

Absolutely no team will be permitted to leave the start line without an active SPOT that is registered and online with race control.

Due to limited time and extremely limited connectivity while on site, it may prove impossible or practically so to fix last minute problems if your SPOT proves to not be trackable/registerable with our system once you are on site.

Thus, we urge you to register send us the SPOT information to us immediately, definitely prior to June 28th (which is when we will be departing to the the event site).

Note that the original 2013 required gear list set the requirement to send us the SPOT ID 3 weeks before the SAC starting date, so this ought not be a surprise to anyone.

The virtual address of the lodge where check-in will occur is 1726 Felix Canyon Road, Mayhill, NM. If you plot this on Google Maps, it will put a place marker right where you need to go. The UTM coordinates of this are roughly 13S 490450 3651800

Last edited:
Zak, for those of us renting a SPOT from Deliberate Dynamics, can you confirm that you are working with them to get the URL of our SPOT Trackers? I was told they are working on getting the information to you today. For such an important piece of gear, I'd like confirmation that it is being taken care of...

Everyone that has paid for a rental should have an email with URL at this time. Zak, I will send you our info over shortly. We only have a couple more for rental and we will have 1 or 2 at the event that are ready to go, but those will not be at the same discounted price. We are really trying to hook it up for the guys in eating $100.00 activation fee for only 35 in rental (doubt we will be able to rent them 3 times in a year, so basically a loss), but we know first hand how $$ start adding up for an event like this. Don't be the guy trying to get this done the week prior......you will have more important things to worry about than a spot tracker on game day.

Good call on the snake bite kit. We were training in Houston on Wednesday night and a water moccasin struck at my team mate.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371789368.451611.jpg

There was a screw-up at the shirt printer so we will be mailing out shirts after the match. Good news, we have a few more days to get shirt orders in - we can take additional shirt orders through Sunday night (23rd).

Please email [email protected] if you want to order one or more shirts. First per competitor is $10 and additional ones are $15.

The shirts are expected to be done the last week of July.

thanks
Zak

Anyone looking for a partner please contact me. I have all the required gear, just need someone to partner up with. Thanks! Kevin. Please email me at [email protected]

Semper Fi!

Ok so it’s unlikely, but provision for reports during the competition on teams progress

Nice.......good training. We have been letting rattlesnakes bite us to build up immunity. If your team hasn't been doing this you're wrong and behind the power curve! get to it!

Team deliberate dynamics- 2013 24-hour sac

Thanks to all of our sponsors this year, can't wait.....getting close!

Attachments

• Banner_ExtraLarge.jpg
    Banner_ExtraLarge.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 28
Teams don't need to order do they? It is just for additional shirts right?

Competitors (teams) that would like shirts need to order them. $10 for the first shirt and $15 each additional. We will ship them to purchasers as soon as we get them from the printers.