• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2013 TVP TEAM SNIPER MATCH JUNE 1st & 2nd

Tom Sarver

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2007
Coshocton,OH USA
Shooters,

Our match is scheduled for June 1st and 2nd this year so hopefully we will have better weather than we experienced the last couple of years.
This is a TEAM match and the cost is $250 per team. Only ONE team will win and the top prize is $1000.00
We are allowing the FIRST 25 teams to enter. We have openings available.
The match will be a two day contest with 15 stages/positions that have been methodically thought out to challenge even the best shooters.
We will shoot on Saturday from 7:30 am to 6 pm unless on we as a group vote to shoot longer. We will finish up on Sunday starting at 8:30 am SHARP.
Targets will range from 25 yards to 1760. ALL the EXTREME range shots from 1650+ will be taken with a suppressed 7mm Hulk with custom loaded ammo created by yours truly...43 MOA to a mile.
Also, you will be using TWO suppressed .22 rifles and ONE 9mm suppressed hand gun to get "certain" jobs done at a couple of stages.
Plan to low crawl and run a little because a couple stages WILL be timed.
Shooters are welcome to camp Friday and Saturday night. Bring food to cook out if you wish.
You will need 150 rounds MAX to complete this course of fire. If your good you will only need 103.
There will be NO shooting/practice on Friday May 31st.

Please send check or M/O to :
THUNDER VALLEY PRECISION
15786 TOWNSHIP ROAD 118
KIMBOLTON, OHIO 43749

Please include your name as well as your teammates.

Thanks!
Tom
TVP

thanks for the update tom, our check is already there, Nick and Tut from PA. highly looking forward to the match!! and to shoot that 7 hulk

This looks like a match Dpreston and I will need to attend... As long as scheduling works out..

Talked to Tom the other night, sounds like its going to be a good match....

Mr and Mrs Smith Are signed up. Sounds like it's going to be well put together this year.

This looks like a match Dpreston and I will need to attend... As long as scheduling works out..

If it wasnt for the SHC, we could have a rematch from Reade and you could check out the new ride.. :) Good luck everyone.

If it wasnt for the SHC, we could have a rematch from Reade and you could check out the new ride.. :) Good luck everyone.

I completely understand, Dpreston and I will be at the PTS match the week before and are still trying to work out logistics.. My schedule is a little more open than my shooting partner...

Should be a good match though....

I completely understand, Dpreston and I will be at the PTS match the week before and are still trying to work out logistics.. My schedule is a little more open than my shooting partner...

Should be a good match though....

Awesome. Nothing like getting beat by the same folks 3 times in 4 weeks...

:)

Why did I give DP a heads up on the 105 hybrids for sale!!??

Last edited:
Jealous.... damn military. Hope to make a fall one if they have one this year. Good luck to everyone and thanks to Tom (and the rest of the set up crew) for the work he (they) puts into these.

Targets will range from 25 yards to 1760. ALL the EXTREME range shots from 1650+ will be taken with a suppressed 7mm Hulk with custom loaded ammo created by yours truly...43 MOA to a mile.
Also, you will be using TWO suppressed .22 rifles and ONE 9mm suppressed hand gun to get "certain" jobs done at a couple of stages.
Thanks!
Tom
TVP

Sounds Like fun.. Shame I'm an RO.... Will be nice to see everyone again

[MENTION=11710]Tom Sarver[/MENTION] [MENTION=27912]Breeze260[/MENTION]

There's been scuttlebutt of this being reduced to a 1-day match.

Any truth to this?

[MENTION=11710]Tom Sarver[/MENTION] [MENTION=27912]Breeze260[/MENTION]

There's been scuttlebutt of this being reduced to a 1-day match.

Any truth to this?

I haven't heard any word on this yet, who knows. hopefully tom or wayde get back on it soon.

Tom mentioned that if there was not a huge turnout for the match that it might be possible to get through all of the stages on Saturday.

I'm not sure what is planned for the match but I would rather not rush it, and I won't know weather to cancel my hotel reservation for Saturday night till it is too late to do so.

As of last weekend I'm pretty sure there are 12 teams signed up for the match, but don't quote me on that number.

I'm sure there will be some last minute sign ups.

Last edited:
i'd be up there if i could make it, but this weekend is impossible for me. that is some awesome land to shoot on!

Guys I talked to Tom, The Match has been reduced to ONE day. You can still camp, stay after the match, pay out has not changed. Let the questions begin...

Anyone going out solo. Need to find a replacement partner, last minute change in plans. Let me know .

Congratulations to John aka Turbo54 on here and Peter (don't know his name here) for a win at the match yesterday! Great job to all who showed up to shoot on a hot, windy challenging day.

Doesn't exactly look like we'll be having "glorious" weather tomorrow.... :-(

Turns out we did indeed have glorious weather! Windy as all get out, but fairly steady. I hit a target @ 1025 yards using a 2.2mrad hold - with a .64bc bullet at ~2825fps. The 308s were definitely in for trouble.

I was very pleased mother nature decided we didn't need rain yesterday.

Tom, the stages were fun and it was good to be required to find some targets ourselves, and to be forced out of prone for several targets.

Wade and Chris, thank you for ROing for us!

Bob, Nick, Tut, Troy, Merritt, Byron, Byron's partner, Mark, Mark's partner, Mr &Mrs Smith: great shooting, and great to see y'all again!

Peter (PSmith): nice shootin', partner!

Thanks everyone for moving quickly all day and doing it in a safe manner, it makes it easy for an RO to do their job. Good to see some friends and meet some new ones, didn't realize how much I missed being at the range.
Congrats to Peter & John... It was a pleasure to watch you two shoot, great team work and communication.
I uploaded one video and a couple pic to Thunder Valley's Facebook page....
Thanks again

Last edited:
great shooting john and pete, and good to shoot with you guys as well as everyone else. we took a lot away from that match from a learning perspective and we had a good time. hope to shoot with everyone again soon.

Thanks everyone for a great day and to Tom and Wade and our RO's for a well run and thought out match. It was good to see everyone again. Shooting at TVP is always a pleasure and best of all it didn't rain! I was wind test dummy all day and John was able to make good hits so the strategy seemed to work. This was by far the most wind I had seen there. Our new Skullmonkey vests worked great and I feel that everything finally came together.

Kudos to Tom for neat stages and everyone else for a great shooting experience.

Shooters, it was a pleasure being an RO for this match: through at times unusual and difficult stages, everyone moved along efficiently and safely, and had good friendly camaraderie. Really made the day go fun and fast. I know everyone learned and took away some good lessons, including me.

John and Peter: good shooting and outstanding communication. Your communication was concise, distinct and accurate, and it showed in your score.

Good job everyone, and look forward to seeing you again at TVP-

Chris