• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2014 GAP GRIND/BUSHNELL PRO/AM hosted by K&M PRT (29-31 August)

S.Kay

KM PRT
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2003
Finger, TN

2014 GAP GRIND/BUSHNELL PRO/AM
GA Precision and Bushnell Tactical proudly announce the 2014 “GAP Grind/Bushnell PRO/AM”. This year’s match format will be a Professional/Amateur (PRO/AM) Team Match to promote sportsmanship and welcome new shooters to the competition scene. Input has been solicited from across the community and a match of this caliber and format is long over do. Top competitors, new competitors and everyone in between from around the country are invited to attend. The match will be hosted by K&M Precision Rifle Training and is sure to be the most rewarding match of the year.

The competition will be a high tempo match with minimal “down time” between stages. Competitors can expect 20 plus stages throughout the weekend. The course of fire will test and train disciplines from across law enforcement, military and practical marksman spectrums. Competitors can expect engagements at an assortment of steel, reactive, paper and automated moving targets to 1000yds. Targets size will vary in difficulty based on the shooters position, distance and time allotted. Most stages will include “stressors”, either time and/or movement. All scoring will be transparent, balanced and fall within guidelines in order to reward the most consistent shooters/teams. The competition will require 180 rounds to complete the course of fire and is caliber restricted to 300 WinMag and below. The course of fire will be made public at the start of the competition on Friday at 3:00pm.

Competitors will compete as individuals and as a team and scores will be maintained for both. Trophies will be awarded to the top 5 teams, top 5 professionals and to the top 5 amateurs. A $5,000 cash and $5,000 donation in products from Bushnell Tactical, as well as one the best sponsorship prize tables in the industry, will be presented to the winners in rank order and for each category.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6VAyWZdNl8&feature=player_embedded

Guildlines
Consider yourself Professional if you have competed in national level competitions and have placed in the top 2/3rds consistently or have competed in regional or local matches and placed in the top 1/3rd.

Consider yourself an amateur if you have never competed, only competed in handful of matches or have not placed higher than the bottom 1/3rd.

Please send the match directors (George Gardner or Shannon Kay) an email if you are unsure which level to compete in. MDs reserve the right to DQ any teams that attempt to defraud the nature of the event by stacking their teams. Every attempt will be made to squad teams by shooter requests. Competitors are expected to assist and support their entire squad to truly make the match a group effort.

Home - GA Precision
Bushnell - Binoculars, Riflescopes, Tactical, Spotting Scopes, Laser Rangefinders, Trail Cameras, GPS
KMPrecisionRifleTraining.com

Timeline
Friday, 29 August 2014 – Competition Tune-up – Mandatory Registration and Zero Range Open
9:00 am Tune-up begins
3:00 pm Tune-up complete
3:00pm-until dark – All competitors must sign-in at the facility – 100yd zero range open

Saturday, 30 August 2014 – Match Day 1
7:00am Welcome and safety briefing
7:30am Match Starts
6:00pm Day 1 complete

Sunday, 31 August 2014 – Match Day 2
7:00am Day 2 starts
3:00pm Match Ends
3:30pm Awards/Prize table

Tune-Up
A GAP Grind/Bushnell Competition Tune-Up is open to all competitors/teams the day prior to the match from 9am to 3pm. The Tune-up is designed for the team professionals to mentor the amateurs on their team while utilizing the ranges at their own pace and to become familiar with competition match structures and the K&M Facility. Competitors/teams may show up anytime throughout the tune block time and shoot as little or as much as they require. It is recommended to bring at least 100 rounds for the tune-up. The tune-up will allow competitors to confirm zero, gather/confirm ballistic data out to 800+ yards, engage the two moving target systems, rehearse range exercises and stress shoot stages using props commonly employed in the nation’s leading precision rifle competitions. The tune-up will utilize all main ranges and props on the K&M Training Facility, but will not practice any event in a manner that will provide them an advantage during the competition. The GA Precision/K&M PRT staff will provide Range Officers at each range/firing point to assist in spotting, managing practice stages, maintaining safety and to aid newer shooters in improving their performance. The GAP Grind Competition Tune-up is included in the match fee, but attendance is not mandatory.

Registration
OPEN REGISTRATION BEGINS ON 29 May 2014 @ 10AM CST
Registration will be done on a transparent first come first serve basis through our website; the match will be limited to 120 competitors or 60 teams. Competitors may register as a team or as a single shooter. Single professionals and single amateurs will be paired up prior to the match. To secure a slot shooters must register online, no other form of registration or payment will be accepted. Once registration is complete you will receive a confirmation email and a link to a welcome/information packet shortly thereafter. The online cart will not accept payments until 29 May, 2014 @ 10AM CST. Match payments are not refundable. Once the match is full the site will no longer take registrations. If you want to be put on the waitlist or have questions, please send an email to [email protected]. Wait listed personnel will be contacted when slots open.

Gap Grind/Bushnell PRO/AM | K&M Precision Rifle Training LLC

Cost
$275 per Competitor or $550 per team (includes tune-up, match shirt, lunch (Sat & Sun), and refreshments all weekend)

Hotels
Below are a few good hotels in Crestview FL – they are 30-45 minutes away from the range (approx 25-30 miles). There is plenty of fast food, restaurants and shopping near the hotels. Please stock up in town, there are not many services near the facility.

Country Inn & Suites
235 Rasberry Road, Crestview, FL
(850) 306-2020

Econo Lodge
3101 South Ferdon Boulevard, Crestview, FL
(850) 682-6255

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
125 Cracker Barrel Road, Crestview, FL
(850) 398-8100

Hampton Inn
3709 South Ferdon Boulevard, Crestview, FL
(850) 689-2378

Quality Inn of Crestview
151 Cracker Barrel Road, Crestview, FL
(850) 683-1778

Airports
Northwest Florida Regional Airport (Ft Walton Beach) – 45 miles
Pensacola International Airport (Pensacola) – 60 miles

Sponsors
Please thank and support our generous sponsors. If interested in becoming a sponsor please contact us.

Last edited:
Should be the best Match/Time of the year!!! Guys dont worry about finding partners, We will do that for you . If your a new Shooter and always wanted to shoot a big match? This is your match! You will be paired up with a very experienced shooter to lend you a hand throughout the comp!! Great Training!!!!

Gotta make this one. I am on the hunt for a partner...accepting applications. :D

I like what you guys are doing with this.

I technically qualify as an amateur... is it cool to register that way?

Eric,

You need to shoot this one. We will find others to fill in for RO duties.

Shannon

Pffffffft..... Im sure one of us qualifies as a non pro... lol

Im all seriousness. We will both be there with a new shooter.

Ever since George brought this up I have thought it was a great idea. Perfect for creating a great match and building the shooting community.

2014 GAP GRIND/BUSHNELL PRO/AM hosted by K&M PRT (29-31 August)

Tag put the sign up in the calendar.

I'm a pro at being a amatuer where I do i fit?

Last edited:
Do we determine our team? I also dont know exactly where I fall as a pro or am.

2 person team? Are people submitting there own teams or is the administration pairing up teams or both? Been wanting to come down and shoot looks like a good opportunity to learn from from some good shooters. Im prolly in on this one.
T

Last edited:
Guys,

You can sign up as a team if you have one. It must be a pro and amateur.

You can also sign up as an single amateur or as a single pro. George and I will pair singles to form teams. You can see the options on the linked registration page.

If you have questions on what class you or your buddy is send me or George an email.

Shannon

I very aware which spot I fall into. I pity the pro that gets me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am looking into trying out this match. I will have to upgrade my gear though. Is it all rifle or will there be some pistol also?

The registration date as been changed to 29 May @ 10am CST. The old date conflicted with some matches making it difficult for shooters to sign up. May 29th should work better for most, since it is during the week.

No pistols for this one.

Shannon

Yes! We want as many new shooters (never shot a match, shot some small ones, etc.) as possible!

We know there are plenty of guys lurking and wanting to break into competitions and share the comradery of the community. You will learn a ton, have great time and break that "intimidation" barrier down that prevents guys from coming out.

We all started as a new shooter once and understand the challenges. So for you new guys, post your questions and introduce yourself here and start getting some more range time in. Send George or myself a note if you have questions. You won't meet any better Americans at any other event other then at LR match. Heck, it is one best training events you can get too!

Shannon

Yes! We want as many new shooters (never shot a match, shot some small ones, etc.) as possible!

We know there are plenty of guys lurking and wanting to break into competitions and share the comradery of the community. You will learn a ton, have great time and break that "intimidation" barrier down that prevents guys from coming out.

We all started as a new shooter once and understand the challenges. So for you new guys, post your questions and introduce yourself here and start getting some more range time in. Send George or myself a note if you have questions. You won't meet any better Americans at any other event other then at LR match. Heck, it is one best training events you can get too!

Shannon

That pretty much seals the deal that I want in. I've been lurking around indecisively since the thread popped up, and I don't think there's a better way to get cut in than working alongside the best the sport has to offer. Looking forward to registration day!!!

Shannon

Shannon I am in. It will be my first competition. I will see you in June for your course.

any different rules for guys that wanna shoot gas guns

thanks Ben

Toyo,
Rules are the same for gassers no real advantages or disadvantages. Stages will start bolt locked back, mag in(if prone) or mag out until first firing position then insert mag when in first position then flip safety on when movement is involved. Speaking as a past RO, when you engage the safety make it an exaggerated motion so we can see it and you should be good. And when a stage is over make sure to lock the bolt back and show clear.

Hopefully Shannon will chime in if I missed something.

AS

I will have no chance of signing up on 29 May. I will be out of the states.

My name is Jeff G "aka Intensefab" and I am a competition newbie!!

I will be signing up for the meet and attending in August.

Kinda intimidating going out with all ya experts, but I gotta pop my cherry and this looks like a great event to start.

Anything I should know and or expect? I will be spending plenty of quality range time over the next few months for sure!

I really want to do this badly. I'll have to talk my wife into it, but this is exactly what I have been waiting for and would like to attend. I shot my first very local rifle match (8 guys) last month and know that this is something I will enjoy tremendously. I've yet to shoot movers and expect that to be a challenge since we have none here to practice on. However, I've shot IDPA movers before, so hopefully that will translate somewhat.

Lash,

Just get there early on Friday and you will have plenty of time to work on the movers, get dope and work on anything else.

I think you will have a great time and really enjoy shooting this match. Hope to see you there.

Another competitive amateur looking for a pro partner. I have a decent track record for an amateur, but I'm certainly NOT a pro shooter. Shoot me a PM if you're a pro and you're looking for a partner.

Just checked the calendar and that happens to be a 3 day weekend for me! I'll be there no matter what, but most likely RO'ing! Either way, I'm in!!

Shannon

Any new shooters out there questioning if this is the right match for you...

I shot the match at K&M this past weekend and it was pretty scary for me to take the leap but the shooting community and fellow shooter at the match was so helpful!!
And with the teams set-up this is the perfect opportunity to drive right in.

Shannon George and the Crew,

Many thanks for the experience as we will be back very soon.....

Trust me Guys and Gals this is not one you will want to miss!!!!!

Any new shooters out there questioning if this is the right match for you...

I shot the match at K&M this past weekend and it was pretty scary for me to take the leap but the shooting community and fellow shooter at the match was so helpful!!
And with the teams set-up this is the perfect opportunity to drive right in.

Shannon George and the Crew,

Many thanks for the experience as we will be back very soon.....

Trust me Guys and Gals this is not one you will want to miss!!!!!

Tangent - It was a pleasure to meet you and The Wife over this weekend. Any time you two want to come up and do some shooting on a weekend, let me know. I will be happy to sponsor you in as guests at the range. Mike Cage and I shoot every other Sunday like clockwork, and you're always welcome to join us.

I agree with Map-It's sentiments - if you're sitting on the fence for this match, and you have the means to do it (travel and appropriate rifle) just DO IT. This is going to be a great chance for people new to the sport to get involved, learn a few things, have a great time, and possibly even get some sweet kit off the prize table.

Last edited:
Looking forward to making this as an individual amateur. Now to convince the wife to cancel plans for an August Vegas trip and get lucky enough to sign up before it's maxed out might be another issue.

Planning on attending as well as a solo amateur, been lurking for years, and shooting some Fclass but really looking forward to starting some tactical competitions!

Anyone from Virginia attending this? I'd be interested in going assuming I could find a carpool to make the drive.

Scratch that, just ran some numbers, and doesn't look like I'll be able to come up with the entry fee in time :/ Or can I? It's going to be a mad race to Sunday morning!

Last edited: