• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2014 GAP GRIND/BUSHNELL PRO/AM hosted by K&M PRT (29-31 August)

I'll be signing up tomorrow.. and I think my partner for the match is already good to go! This will be my first match and I'm excited to run it.. just hoping not to make Greene look bad lol

I have a "Two Queen" room reserved at the Country Inn & Suites for Thursday-Saturday night if anyone ends up needing a place to crash.

I stayed there when I went out to K&M with my buddy who's a member. It's pretty nice. And across the parking lot from Hooters.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I stayed there when I went out to K&M with my buddy who's a member. It's pretty nice. And across the parking lot from Hooters.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Exactly, because what goes better with a long weekend of manliness and guns than clevage?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Holiday inn is next to hooters south of I10...country inn and suites is next to Applebee's north of I10

Small update

AM sign up is currently closed we are however still accepting PRO's and complete teams. Course of fire is being developed and will be finalized in June and tested in August. Once we are closer to completing the registration we will announce the teams for those that need to be paired up.

Instead of doing tshirts we are going to do hats with one color for the pros and one color for the AMs. Same design though. That way they can be worn both days and all of the AM's will know who to approach for help and the PRO's will know who might need assistance outside their own teams.

Send me any questions you have.

Shannon

If you signed up as a team then we have it recorded. If you signed up individually and would like to be paired with someone you can email us that information. Otherwise we will pair you with a partner in the coming weeks.

Shannon

If you signed up as a team then we have it recorded. If you signed up individually and would like to be paired with someone you can email us that information. Otherwise we will pair you with a partner in the coming weeks.

Shannon

Cool. The Dave will be pleased.

Ugh I want to shoot this. Give me a week to see if I can pull it off, have a match in NM the previous weekend Ill have to cancel on. I wont have a team so hoping there is a spot for another amateur pro (or is it pro amateur) ;)

Fantastic idea to get new shooters involved and at a world class facility.

Would be cool if I/we/any other pros can persuade our personal sponsors to do a "gift bag" for amateur teammate.

Regards,
DT

Last edited:
Im probably going to regret the expense of this match by the time its over.. as previously stated, Ive got a 2 queen bed room reserved if someone wants to split costs. Would also be great to find someone driving down through Virginia!

D_TROS
Ugh I want to shoot this. Give me a week to see if I can pull it off, have a match in NM the previous weekend Ill have to cancel on. I wont have a team so hoping there is a spot for another amateur pro (or is it pro amateur)

Fantastic idea to get new shooters involved and at a world class facility.
I thought so too which is why, as a new shooter, I'm stretching my budget, my horizons, and my wife's patience in order to shoot at this facility along with some top notch pros (or whatever you want to call yourselves collectively). Maybe, just maybe, if I pay attention during all the excitement, I'll be able to take away some good information, practice ideas and tips along with just the great fun this should be for me.

rangeryo
Im probably going to regret the expense of this match by the time its over..
I hear you and know what you mean except I don't think I'll regret it.

I thought so too which is why, as a new shooter, I'm stretching my budget, my horizons, and my wife's patience in order to shoot at this facility along with some top notch pros (or whatever you want to call yourselves collectively). Maybe, just maybe, if I pay attention during all the excitement, I'll be able to take away some good information, practice ideas and tips along with just the great fun this should be for me.

I hear you and know what you mean except I don't think I'll regret it.

I guess I phrased that incorrectly... my bank account will regret it! Match fee, ammo components, drive to Florida from VA, Hotel for a few nights, all with a baby on the way. Yeah I'm sure I'll regret it financially, but I'm also sure I'll have one hell of a time once I raise that rifle up and squeeze the trigger!

I am a reasonably new precision rifle shooter too. I have 2 years in and I have taken 2 classes.
I am spending around 2 grand to do this but I know the facility and the people running it are both world class.
it's worth the cash to me just to be part of it.

You guys will not regret it. My first match was an extremely rewarding experience and well worth the money in the end. You learn so much by being there. 1000x what you will ever read spending time on this board. Going and doing it in person is an experience you will never forget. Glad a lot of you are making it out, see you all there.

Shannon

One additional question, will this be a "lost brass" match?

One additional question, will this be a "lost brass" match?

Assuming it runs like all their others....you may or may not have the chance to police your brass at the end of the stage once everyone is done. But generally everyone at the end of the day polices up the brass into big piles and collects theirs. So marking your brass is highly suggested.

Yeah I'm marking mine. Them Lapua cases aren't cheap. I'm spending enough on this already, not going to pitch $200 worth of brass into the grass haha.

damn Florida is too far to drive. haha.. looking at flights now. If this is half as fun as teh Hide Cup was this year then i really need to shoot this!!

Yeah I'm marking mine. Them Lapua cases aren't cheap. I'm spending enough on this already, not going to pitch $200 worth of brass into the grass haha.

I'm shooting Hornady Match 308 brass, so I'll probably be the only one running those haha. I'm going to mark my extractor grooves with a sharpie anyhow.

I'm shooting Hornady Match 308 brass, so I'll probably be the only one running those haha. I'm going to mark my extractor grooves with a sharpie anyhow.

No, you won't. Know your headstamp (Hornady changes it on a fairly regular basis) and mark your brass.

Crestview Florida is 2339 miles/33hrs from me.. HAHAHHAHAHAHAH that is waaaayyyyyyy to far to drive. If I need to get an oil change before I drive home then that means its too far. HAHAHA

That sucks, only 850 for me :/ I've made non stop 28 hour drives before, and they were no fun.. don't think I'd partake in a 33 hour one way trip either.

Haha... You should only need to take off thursday and friday. The fact that monday is a holiday definitely makes it a lot easier

Ive been trying to find someone going either from or through virginia to carpool with, but no luck yet

I've got you guys beat. I'm flying from Amsterdam to Atlanta on Friday. Then driving from Atlanta to K&M right after I get off the plane.

I just found out my buddy in Ft Walton will be moving to Crestview in the beginning of August so I can save on a hotel! I just have to avoid drinking (much) on Friday and Saturday night. I can't freaking wait!!!

What the hell have I signed on to...... Having flash backs

Trauma1

Guys,

I can't tell you how rewarding for it is for George and I to hear about your excitement. Great stuff! It is why we wanted to do this and we know many of you are making huge sacrifices to make it down. We are looking forward to meeting many of you.

You should be able to get at least 95% of your brass back. You just have to want it. Most stages you will have to wait until the squad is complete to police brass from the firing position (we don't want to slow the match down). Each squad will have about 12 teams or so, it won't be that bad. If you wait until the end of the day (the dreaded concrete dump), then that percentage will be lower.

Amateur and Complete team registration is closed. We still have a few Pro slots to fill and guys can register online still.

I expect to publish (email) team pairings (90% complete - Some AMs won't have a partner yet) in the next week. The ones who don't have an assigned partner yet will be emailed once we get the Pros on the roster. I don't expect any issues getting everyone paired up.

Shannon

Pairings and teams for you study and reach out to your partners if you so choose.

If you owe me name because you signed up as a team, please send me a note. Email preferred over PM.

I sent an email to everyone (if you included emails when you or your partner signed up), I will post it below. Future updates will be posted in this thread.

Shannon

2014 Bushnell/GAP Grind PRO/AM Shooters,

Thank you for signing up for the first match of its kind! The PRO/AM style is already a big hit and we are still 7-8 weeks away. George and I are thrilled to bring new and seasoned shooters together to grow the sport we all love. We will have over 140 shooters and 70+ teams to host in August. The match is full, but we still have a few PRO slots we need to fill. It will not be problem filling them, but a few AMs will not know their partners for a few more weeks. We will update the roster and post them on Snipershide (see link in notes). Attached is the current shooters list with parings for the shooters that signed up as singles. Most have an email address listed if you want to reach out to them. If they are not listed, we do not have them. Good luck, train hard/smart and we will see you in August!

George Gardner and Shannon Kay

Below are a few notes to help you get ready for the match:
- We won’t send many emails to the shooters, too many guys don’t track them (spam, etc), and you should have all the information you need from the attached welcome packet and the K&M PRT website. The best way to keep track of the event and hear from George and I is on Snipershide. See this link: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...hnell-pro-am-hosted-k-m-prt-29-31-august.html
- If you need to contact us, emails are better than PMs - please understand that for the next few weeks I will be away training/preparing for an OEF deployment and will have poor connectivity.
- 180 rounds is the COF round count (plus whatever you want to shoot during the tune-up -75-100 is safe)
- No pistols in the match
- The tune up is free and part of your match fee (it is not mandatory, but an opportunity to link up and train with you partner for a day)
- All squading (outside team assignments) will be done each day before you shoot. We will allow you to squad yourselves, but you must stay in those squads each day.

TIMELINE
29 August 2014 – Competition Tune-up – Registration and Zero Range Open
9:00 am Tune-up begins
3:00 pm Tune-up complete
3:00pm-until dark – All competitors must sign-in at the facility – 100yd zero range open

30 August 2014 – Match Day 1
7:00am Welcome and safety briefing
7:30am Match Starts
6:00pm Day 1 complete

31 August 2014 – Match Day 2
7:00am Day 2 starts
3:00pm Match Ends
3:30pm Awards/prize table

TUNE-UP
A GAP Grind/Bushnell Competition Tune-Up is open to all competitors/teams the day prior to the match from 9am to 3pm. The Tune-up is designed for the team professionals to mentor the amateurs on their team while utilizing the ranges at their own pace and to become familiar with competition match structures and the K&M Facility. Competitors/teams may show up anytime throughout the tune block time and shoot as little or as much as they require. It is recommended to bring at least 100 rounds for the tune-up. The tune-up will allow competitors to confirm zero, gather/confirm ballistic data out to 800+ yards, engage the two moving target systems, rehearse range exercises and stress shoot stages using props commonly employed in the nation’s leading precision rifle competitions. The tune-up will utilize all main ranges and props on the K&M Training Facility, but will not practice any event in a manner that will provide them an advantage during the competition. The GA Precision/K&M PRT staff will provide Range Officers at each range/firing point to assist in spotting, managing practice stages, maintaining safety and to aid newer shooters in improving their performance. The GAP Grind Competition Tune-up is included in the match fee, but attendance is not mandatory.

HOTELS
Below are a few good hotels in Crestview FL – they are 30-45 minutes away from the range (approx 25-30 miles). There is plenty of fast food, restaurants and shopping near the hotels. Please stock up in town, there are not many services near the facility.

Country Inn & Suites
235 Rasberry Road, Crestview, FL
(850) 306-2020

Econo Lodge
3101 South Ferdon Boulevard, Crestview, FL
(850) 682-6255

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
125 Cracker Barrel Road, Crestview, FL
(850) 398-8100

Hampton Inn
3709 South Ferdon Boulevard, Crestview, FL
(850) 689-2378