• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2014 Steel Challenge near Kettle Falls WA

Sign up for the 2014 Steel Challenge will go live at noon on the 5th of January Pacific Standard Time. A link will be provided here.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Is this going to be the same format as last year? Team match, Location, and Cost?

Its always a good time at the KF Inn!

Of course, and it will be a great match for the first timer to learn. Some really awesome people up that way......
Good to know! I've really enjoyed the challenge of multigun for the last 2+ years and was looking to looking forward to taking a peek into the Precision Rifle world.

Anyone looking for a shooting partner (besides me)? I heard having both team member's names at registration is a good thing.

I'm wondering where I can get some more information about this Match? Like:

Is it a rifle only Match, individual or team, number of rounds, layout (number of targets-distances), cost, etc. ?

Thanks

Rifle only match, team match, last year it was about 180rds, distances out to 1100 Yards, movers last year at 400 and 800. Its for a great cause, well run, teams come from all over to shoot.

Rifle only match, team match, last year it was about 180rds, distances out to 1100 Yards, movers last year at 400 and 800. Its for a great cause, well run, teams come from all over to shoot.

So individuals can shoot the match or only in a team?

K Falls is nearly local for me. I really want to shoot in a match. All I've done is shoot from a bench at 100 and 200 yards, known distance obviously. It's a bit intimidating.. Is this a good first match for a guy like me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be a challenging match however the shooters there will be more than happy to help you out. If your interested in this kind of shoot you will have to get your feet wet sometime. So, may as well be a close match.

I'll have to admit being very interested in precision field shooting, but having exactly ZERO experience. I've just recently started shooting in NRA High Power Matches with iron sights and my SAI M1A SuperMatch (out to 600 yards) -- what equipment would I need for something like the Kettle Falls match? Would I be able to get prepared between now and May, or should I target 2015's match? How does one prepare for a match like that? I was looking into a Savage 10 FLCP-K (Left Handed) in .308 as a starting rifle, but hadn't decided on the optics as of yet. Also, I'll be starting to handload in the next couple of months as well. Lots to learn, so little time!

WhoisJohnGalt, where are you from? fill out the profile at least location. We got matches going on all the time, come and see what its all about. There's monthly matches at Upper Nisqually on the west side, theres going to be a match at Vantage, second weekend in February, Jakes got the JC Steel Challenge in March by the Tri-Cities, think he is still looking for some RO's, not a bad way to see what its all about. As for what its all about, a rifle, (bipod and rear bag a necessity), a decent scope with enough travel to 1000 or so, some decent ammo (175 in 308), good dope and the willingness to go and learn. Check out SHWW and Puget Sound Shooters,

The 2014 Steel Challenge will be in its 6th consecutive year. For those of you who don’t know or have not participated in this event, special operation veterans come from across the United States and volunteer to put on this event.

With a belief of giving back to our brethren who have given more than most, we are once again proud to support Camp Patriot in their efforts to enhance the lives of our Combat Service Disabled Veterans. Home - Welcome to Camp Patriot.org As in past years, the proceeds will go to this worthwhile endeavor.

If you are a participant, please join me in thanking all the volunteers who put forth many hours to make this event a success!

Registered me and a buddy. Going to be our first match; not sure what to expect other than a bunch of shooting and meeting some good people. Will there be more info for those of us wanting to camp?

Two of us just signed up. Coming from SE Idaho.
Looking forward to sending some rounds down range!

Holy crap-those look like challenging conditions!
Hopefully some of that white crap will be gone by May!

Gentlemen I have a problem my partner and I were coming down to the comp from AB Canada now he cant make it a fellow shooter wants to come ( bad ) but he does not have the paper work to bring his rifle across the border I hope not being to bold here but if anyone has a rifle they would rent or lend he would probably lick your boot souls of course he'd pay for his own ammo too hope to see u there

Shoot me a PM - I have a Rem 700p in .308 in an AICS chasis- he'll need a scope, rings and AI mags. I have some 30mm badger rings on it and have some 34 and 35mm rings somewhere else. I just need to know his scope diameter and bell diameter.
It has a 26" barrel and shoots FGMM well....otherwise he can load some 175 SMKs in any case with 45 grains of Varget (Coal of 2.850") and it will not disappoint.

Last edited:
Kungfushurfu, i am not shooting the match - but a couple of my buddies are. ( can send it up with them )

I have Remington 700, 308, x2 10rd mags, older no/zerostop Nightforce MLR (1/2 mildot slash marks), Harris & brake. (will have to zero as i run suppressor normaly)

Get in touch with me if needed

Gentlemen... I just got back on here ( doing the preshoot honey do list ) and see that a number of fellows have offered the use of their rifles I want to thank u all very much .. all these rifles offered r top shelf stuff any any of them would be a great choice I shoot 260 it would probably be to r advantage to shoot 260 as well though he shoots a custom 308 a big factor is being able to buy ammo down there either from the rifle's owner or store bought down there.. he cant bring any across with him he does have a MK IV 8,5 x 25 x 50 with 30 mm tube he can bring and AI mags as well PM sent to the fellows that offered thanx again at the very least Che' owes someone a steak dinner

For those who've shot thus match before: is there water at all the stages or should we bring our own?

I read an article that says the first tgt at each stage is ranged by reticle only then the others by range finders. Is this correct? How much prep time do you get?

Any other tips would get appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alsatian in past years there was plenty of water, not that I didn't bring some if my own and a sandwich, there was burgers being sold last year as well. In previous years yes shooters had to mil the first target in many of the stages, last year we didn't do that, but who knows what surprises he has in store for us this year.