• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2014.....Walker Draw Tactical Challenge.....(Nebraska)

bribri

Always Smooth
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 21, 2009
    Nebraska
    if1tzp.jpg

Who: 2014 Walker Draw Tactical Challenge.......presented by: Old Breed Gun Club (OBGC)

What: Precision Rifle & Pistol Match

When: Saturday...June 7th 2014....8 A.M.

Where: Walker Draw Ranch near: Bloomfield, Nebraska (northeast part of the state)

Lodging: There are a few hotels in the area along with great campgrounds no more than 30 minutes away. You are also welcome to camp on location (tents only) Ask me for details if interested.

Cost: $75/shooter.....Payments must be paid up front to lock in your spot. PM me for my address. (T-shirts may be available for purchase day of shoot as well)

Divisions: Open and Limited (If you are a new shooter, first time competitor, and/or don't quite have all the equipment (ex. a rangefinder) to compete against other seasoned shooters)

***This will be our first shoot at this location, so we are only taking 15 to 20 shooters (subject to change). If you are interested in this please send a "Private Message". Also check back for more details to follow. We are thinking about sponsorship for this shoot but if we don't find any, there will be cash payouts for the top shooters.***

"Sponsorship" wanted, if interested PM me.

Sponsors as of 5/8

American Reaper Arms - www.reaperarms.com

K Fab Design

Redding Reloading Equipment - www.redding-reloading.com

Midwest Tactical Solutions - www.mwts-training.com

TS Customs LLC - www.tscustom.com

Sinclair International - www.sinclairint.com

Sierra Bulletsmiths - www.sierrabullets.com

Match Description:

The Walker Draw Tactical Challenge is a hike and shoot type of match that should test your physical and mental strength. The match should test many of your skills including: hiking the terrain between stages, managing all your gear, locating targets, ranging, reading wind, and engaging targets under field conditions and various shooting positions.

What to expect:

1. About 2.5 miles of hiking
    2. Around 6 rifle stages and 2 pistol stages
    3. Approximately 5 to 8 targets per stage
    4. Target distances out to 1200 yards with the majority in the 200 to 500 yard range.
    5. "Multiple shots can be taken per target, but after you hit the target you must move on".
    6. Points advantage for 1st round hits.
    7. Specific time limit at each stage.
    8. Your entire time to finish the course may be timed.
    9. All gear must be carried throughout the course.

Important READ BELOW........

"Target location and distances will not be given at certain stages(unless you are in the limited division). You will have a specific time limit to locate, range, and engage targets. There will be roughly 45 rifle targets throughout the day, and they will more than likely require more than one round to get a confirmed hit due to the physical stress and time strain. As long as you can locate targets, you will be sending lots of rounds down range."

Must Haves:

1. Rifle with scope, .243 up to 300 win mag and a there is 3150fps limit.
    2. Pistol 9mm minimum with a safe quality retention holster. You will also need enough magazines to hold at least 35 rounds total maybe more.
    3. Ability to carry all your gear for the course of fire.
    4. Lunch, snacks, and water for the day.
    5. A rangefinder is not a must have, but if you do not have one you will probably be placed in the Limited division and ranges will be provided.
    6. Rifle round count will depend on the shooter, due to the fact that you "can" take multiple shots at each target until you get a confirmed hit. ""Multiple shots will more than likely be needed for each target"" There will be roughly 40 or more rifle targets. I would suggest at least 100 plus rounds to be safe its up to you. If time allows, people who want to stick around or stay the night are welcome to shoot at their leisure within reason.
    7. Rifle sling or some form of carrying your rifle when shooting the pistol stages.
    8. Eye and Ear protection.
    9. You need to know your ballistics, NO SPRAYING & PRAYING or you will be disqualified and no refunds.
    10. The most important "must have" is GUN SAFETY and MUZZLE CONTROL, if you do not practice these skills you will be disqualified with no refund.......

2014 Walker Draw Tactical Challenge Results.......95.5 points possible

Open Division:

1. Travis S - 81.5
    2. Jerry K - 74
    3. Matt T - 70.5
    4. Larry S - 62
    5. Shane K - 60
    6. Scott B - 59.5
    7. Adam H - 59
    8. Dietrich - 52.5
    9. Dave P - 51
    10. Brad B - 47
    11. Marshall L - 39.5
    12. Wyatt R - 39
    13. Simon B - 35.5
    14. KW H - 24.5

Limited Division:

Kotton K - 57
    Devin S - 37.5
    Adam S - 35.5
    Andy B - 35
    Tim H - 29.5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6-mGiFG_Nw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYZufzNGjIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5tIpuHtqKQ

For those of you who left early, you missed out on a lot of fun. One of our sponsors, Scott with American Reaper Arms brought out some of his full auto guns including my all time favorite the "Glock 18"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxogR9k7EJY

Last edited:
    This will likely become Nebraska's premier tactical shoot. Don't hesitate to join in the fun guys.

Old Breed Gun Club will make sure of that! This should be a fun one boys! Obviously I am there.

I've been looking for something like this in NE and here is it! Only issue for me is I'm getting married that day... I'm guessing the Mrs-to-be would not let that fly! Will there be more than one this summer? Would love to get in on this.

I've been looking for something like this in NE and here is it! Only issue for me is I'm getting married that day... I'm guessing the Mrs-to-be would not let that fly! Will there be more than one this summer? Would love to get in on this.

First, congrats to you and the soon to be Mrs. As far as having more of these shoots, I think it really depends on how this one goes (safety is paramount). If we fill all the slots in a reasonable time, there's a good chance it could become an annual thing.

Kengel2 there will be Marines at this shoot. Just saying in case you need that as an excuse, there WILL be family there. :) S/F

Here is a little video someone did while shooting with our friends down at Rifles Only. They hosted the Bushnell Brawl there a few days ago. This is purely for motivational purposes. NO we will not have a freaking helicopter at ours. Not everybody can be as cool as Goldilocks!

Helicopter Stage at 2014 Bushnell Brawl - YouTube

Kengel2 there will be Marines at this shoot. Just saying in case you need that as an excuse, there WILL be family there. :) S/F

And there will be Army, Navy and maybe... just maybe some AF's:) Along with plenty of civy marksmen.

Hey Puller, you could bring your Plane down, I'm sure we could create some type of stage.....J/K

Update on sponsors:

American Reaper Arms (aka Operator45) is going to be putting a .22 cal suppressor or half off your chosen suppressor certicate on the prize table (This is subject to change, as an action may be a possibility).

American Reaper Arms

K Fab Design will be putting a steel target up

Redding Reloading Equipment is sending some goodies

John Wallace From Midwest Tactical Solutions is putting a $250 certicate on the table.

mwts-training.com

Big thanks to those supporting our sport!

More to follow...

Last edited:
    Here are some shots from last years OBGC competition that was open to the public.

Attachments

• OOO.jpg
      OOO.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 19
    • 017.JPG
      017.JPG
      897.7 KB · Views: 17
    • O.jpg
      O.jpg
      330.8 KB · Views: 18
    • OO.jpg
      OO.jpg
      443.7 KB · Views: 18
    Lets fill some of the slots men... questions or concerns? Contact Brian or myself and we'll clear em up.

I have only received 2 entry fees as of yesterday. I have had several people tell me that they are planning on coming. If you want to secure your spot, you need to send me your entry fee. At the moment we are only going to take 20 shooters this year. Please PM me for my mailing address. Personal checks are fine.

Last edited:
    Here is the video promotion for the competition. I hope you enjoy it bribri!

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/88544122" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/88544122">2014 WALKER DRAW TACTICAL CHALLENGE</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user17802677">DR Herrold</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

So far we have 9 paid shooters, with a few more that said their checks are in the mail. Also a couple of our sponsors are holding a few spots. So, if your interested don't hesitate much longer, because we are shutting it down after 20 shooters.

Thanks to our latest sponsor! Run-N-Iron

Run-N-Iron out of Bertrand Nebraska takes pride in offering high-quality custom weapons for Law Enforcement/Military, competition, defense, and pleasure shooting.
    They also offer customizing to provide beautifully restored originals that will be passed down through your family for generations to come

RUN-N-IRON Customizing
    10116 - 744 Road
    Bertrand, Nebraska 68927
    308-472-1445

http://www.runniron.com/

Attachments

• logo.gif
      logo.gif
      11.6 KB · Views: 18
    • cowboy.gif
      cowboy.gif
      12.8 KB · Views: 19
    Last edited:
    All 20 spots have been spoken for.......If you are still interested let me know and I'll put you on the waiting list incase anyone backs out.

If you guys have interest, we are making T-shirts with this logo on the back. We were thinking Under Armour, if you want one let me know what size.

if1tzp.jpg

Brian will be updating this thread here shortly regarding the cost per t-shirt if interested.

Looks good bud.

I got the quote for the T-shirts, they are going to cost $25 for any size from small to 3XL. These shirts will be Under Armour's Heat Gear shirts with a "loose fit" with our logo on the back. I'm going to place an order soon, so if your interested let me know your size ASAP.

Made time to blow the cobs webs off the 223 ackley AND my self last Saturday morning (damned job messing up my important tasks). Been a few months since I pulled the trigger. Time to put on my game cap and drinking face on, or something like that. Looking forward to it.

Nope. I have rifles that are more effective in Nebraska winds at long range. The 223 ai is a twin in every aspect except caliber and cost to shoot.

If you haven't gave me your T-shirt size yet, you have until tomorrow to get it to me, because I'm ordering them Wednesday..

We picked up Sierra as another sponsor, a big thanks goes out to them......

Only 25 more days.....if you could please "PM me your email address", I'd like to send out an email with directions to the range along with other info on the shoot.

Thanks