• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2018 Hunting Thread - Post your pictures!

Got bored this morning hunting for my late season doe. Called this fellow up instead. Might of done him a favor , had a bit of mange.
2287521E-14F7-42D6-9288-52BB71B27895.jpeg

I was shooting at a yote this morning. Missed the little bastard dads rangefinder is about to go back to sig just isnt working rifht compared to our kilo 2000. Anyway i turn right and i think it’s this tall 6 point just walking the tree line. Nope it’s probably a 3 year old 8 point. Didn’t really get to look at him much before he got back in the woods. I don’t think he’s a shooter but he’s not small either.

ACF7647D-0EF3-439F-B1A4-75F6D377601F.jpeg

Here's mine lol. Still running around in eastern Oregon last I saw him. Smart sucker, but I will get him this year.

Attachments

• 09110416.JPG
    09110416.JPG
    766.1 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: DangerRanger
He had some mass but was just short tined. First time I had ever seen this deer, never had a pic of him either.

Got this buck two weeks ago in Texas. Used Ruger No. 1 in 6.5x55 with 28in Douglas barrel. Topped with Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 BT 4W. Didnt get to stretch out its legs. Shot was under 40 yds. Came around the edge of a clearing and he was walking behind a doe. Used 143gr eldx. Shot him at base of neck. Dropp
1546497259797.jpeg
ed in his tracks. Bullet was stuck half in and half out. Lol. Initially thought I missed and gave it a heart attack. No blood as hide was cauterized by bullet. Good bit of damage inside. Suspect it hit a bone and blew up on impact.

I've always been curious how you do it to keep their heads staying up as if posing for pictures.
so what we do is in the freezer we built a metal rack on the top, we prop them up and get their legs under them and tie a rope to the base of the rack and hook it up to the top rack. in 24hrs they come out as you see in my pictures

Finally got dad's SAUM sorted out. Wasn't the V6, wasn't the load, was me doing load development with the omega and the POI shift from it. He wouldn't use it suppressed because he didn't like the weight. Well we got it figured out and finally he's not missing shots anymore. Nothing more frustrating to build your father a nice custom rig only to hear that he keeps missing with said gun when you know it shoots very well. So he took a nice 10pt at 253yds or so. Should've been with him that day, we went this afternoon just to get a doe for some meat. Finally got to see him use it today as intended. He DRTd a doe at 595yds in our bean field. Loved every minute of it, the grin on his face in the second picture says it all.
IMG_4159.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

Finally got dad's SAUM sorted out. Wasn't the V6, wasn't the load, was me doing load development with the omega and the POI shift from it. He wouldn't use it suppressed because he didn't like the weight. Well we got it figured out and finally he's not missing shots anymore. Nothing more frustrating to build your father a nice custom rig only to hear that he keeps missing with said gun when you know it shoots very well. So he took a nice 10pt at 253yds or so. Should've been with him that day, we went this afternoon just to get a doe for some meat. Finally got to see him use it today as intended. He DRTd a doe at 595yds in our bean field. Loved every minute of it, the grin on his face in the second picture says it all.
Great to see you got that rig figured out and he is enjoying it!

Reactions: 5RWill
Question for the Texas guys, at least those who do it...How come you bring the deer back whole and hang by the neck? Where I hunt we always quarter or gut in the field, and if I am able to get the whole animal back for processing, I hang by the rear legs. Seems like everyone I have been around that lives in the Rockies does this. Wondering if it is a regional thing or if there is a reason.

Question for the Texas guys, at least those who do it...How come you bring the deer back whole and hang by the neck? Where I hunt we always quarter or gut in the field, and if I am able to get the whole animal back for processing, I hang by the rear legs. Seems like everyone I have been around that lives in the Rockies does this. Wondering if it is a regional thing or if there is a reason.

The high fence (canned hunt) guides take them straight to the butcher.?

First coyote. He trotted up to 20 yards before I could get a clear shot. 70gr tsx .223 quartering to me DRT. Killed a nice buck with that round last year. Only seeing 2-3 y/o bucks so far this year. B6DB3FA9-CCFE-4E3E-BFBF-52E522DE6EB9.jpeg
I stuck him in the freezer. Thinking about mounting vs just tanning the hide.

Reactions: OLI62
Scored somewhere around 145inches net. Older mule buck.

Tikka t3x lite in boring .308win. 1 shot. Punctured a lung and split his diaghpram. Dropped and did not move.

Attachments

• 20181215_113525.jpg
    20181215_113525.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: amos
Out of my entire family and close friends, I was the only tag holder this year. Made the best of it with a decent first ever pronghorn for me from NM @ 183 yards. 2nd day, 5 minutes into legal light after two failed stalks over 1.5 miles each on day 1. 6.5SS w. 150 SMK @ 3117fps.

20180827_081230.jpg

20180827_074947.jpg

Last edited:
Out of my entire family and close friends, I was the only tag holder this year. Made the best of it with a decent first ever pronghorn for me from NM @ 183 yards. 2nd day, 5 minutes into legal light after two failed stalks over 1.5 miles each on day 1. 6.5SS w. 150 SMK @ 3117fps.

View attachment 7005693
View attachment 7005699
That's a great looking goat, interesting looking horns.

Public Land buck taken in Wyo. Nice little buck after a tough 7 days of nasty weather.

Attachments

• 59F09EB4-4AF3-4E9D-A89E-3DA678465FE0.jpeg
    59F09EB4-4AF3-4E9D-A89E-3DA678465FE0.jpeg
    994 KB · Views: 48
First coyotes I ever shot, and I got a double no less! They came rushing in on the new FoxPro Shockwave. Well worth the upgrade!
E1A6FD63-A898-4F2B-87BC-BBDFB6A8B674.jpeg
E5CCEDB7-C349-4034-8998-C580D9ED2CEC.jpeg

Reactions: Wyzrd