• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up 2018 Wisconsin Events and Shooting thread

My shooting won’t be as cool as Ko2M, but I’m meeting some guys Saturday and going to try and get hits out to a mile. That’s going to be awesome!

Well I managed to get 4 hits at a mile with my 6.5CM, one shot/one hit with a guys 338LM and a different guys 338 Edge. Both very fun guns to shoot. Everyone there was great! Can’t wait to hear about Ko2M!

Reactions: oneshot.onehit
Well I managed to get 4 hits at a mile with my 6.5CM, one shot/one hit with a guys 338LM and a different guys 338 Edge. Both very fun guns to shoot. Everyone there was great! Can’t wait to hear about Ko2M!

Good shooting mercracing, sounds like the event was a great time.

Oneshot
JH

Ammo is loaded for the KO2M and the FCSA world championships. We will see how she goes I guess!

I’m in for Lodi. I live a mile from the range so there’s really no excuse. Would do the one on August 21 but it’s my wife’s 30th bday. It’s going to be my first comp of any sort related to rifles. Somebody’s gotta get all flustered and take home last place, right? At least it won’t be a long bus ride home. Should be fun. Hope to meet a few of you there.

Just a quick PSA folks. I had something happen to me today that no one I know has had happen to them. I was asked by local law enforcement to provide a copy of my tax stamp for my suppressor. We chatted and he told me he was able to ask for it because in Wisconsin, the state law says it is illegal to own suppressors without a legal tax stamp. Since he is law enforcement, he can then ask. I didn’t really care, I had a copy with me.
Just a heads up.

I want to see that law that says I have to provide a cop proof. Or that he can even ask for it. Says right on the for that it needs to be made available for an ATF agent.

Was he a dick about it? What made him even come talk to you in the first place?

Nope he was completely polite. Kinda. I said I had it but I wasn’t sure he could ask to see it. He went on to tell me he could arrest me for obstruction. Again, I had my stuff. I didn’t care. I’ll see if I can find what he was quoting.

I don't think it's obstruction any more than not showing your ID just because you're open carrying in wi. That state da said in a memo that that wasn't obstruction or disorderly conduct

Geno

Any thoughts on going to the Lonely Few shoot in October at Riplinger?

Oneshot

Northern50

This is one of those one shot - cold bore events at 600 yards for open class and 500 yards for a hunting gun. Last year I think it was around the 21st of Oct. I haven’t went to one of these for a while and thought about going just to hook up with old friends.

It would be fun to get together at Daves before the snow flys. My 375 is in pieces and out East getting converted to a 416 using the same brass to open things up and hopefully save the throat erosion a little. 108 thou on our last trip in July, makes staying in a accuracy node challenging.

I hope all is treating you well.

Oneshot
JH

Dave dropped by 2 night while I was in Rosholt. He said this next year he's going to be shooting a lot more.

Jeff, potentially a weekend in October would be good to get up by Daves and test a little at distance. I'd like to do some b.c. testing with the new 475gr. Let me know what works for you.

Geno, good to hear!

Taters should be off by oct. I'll get on Ryan, the guy that owns the farm I've been shooting at and see about getting permission to bring a few guys out as well. Found a good place for a big target that's close to 2000

Taters should be off by oct. I'll get on Ryan, the guy that owns the farm I've been shooting at and see about getting permission to bring a few guys out as well. Found a good place for a big target that's close to 2000

Excellent, was going to send you a txt about Ryans place. When his field is g2g let's go shoot.

He says he has plans to build up the gravel backstop at 1170 so we will see how that goes. They might end up using most of it if the potato guys tear up the road real bad

Geno, see attached. That's what came through in an email. And I'd assume tnt is doing the new years day shoot again. I'll try to hit that one.

IMG_4434.PNG

Thanks, I’ve both them and tnt my email years ago and have never received anything. Gotta rely on you guys

Looks like it’ll just be me coming up. Who else is going to be shooting their one or two shots?

I just have a cheaper Diamondback tactical with a 20 moa rail that I threw on it last night. 13.5 mils of vertical adjustment after a quick zero tonight.

Reactions: Geno C.
Geno

It was good to get together yesterday at the Lonely Few Shoot, a great time shooting and all the camaraderie. I hope the trip home went well.

Oneshot
JH

It was good Seeing everyone again. My ride was good. Bob said it was a good ride home for you guys too

For those interested in the TNT New Years Day shoot for the tightest groups at 420ish if I remember. I was told they have a planning meeting on the 12/7/18 and the new info will be released the following week. There may be some changes to the format I guess, time will tell.

Here’s the address for anyone tossing the idea around - New Years Day shoot above
T&T Riders Club
S1227 W. Mann Rd
Marshfield, WI. 54449

Oneshot

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Z
Some chatter on the street is you will be aiming at a Bullseye target with tight scoring rings for score versus just planting a tight 5 round group on a target board. We will see what comes out of the meeting.

Cheers

Last edited:
Anyone shooting at Cascade this weekend? I’m planning to go watch. Would love to see a March Genesis or SB 5 x 45.

Anyone shooting at Cascade this weekend? I’m planning to go watch. Would love to see a March Genesis or SB 5 x 45.

Yea there will be a bunch of us there. But I don’t think anyone is going to be running either of those optics in the match tomorrow. Come on down and check it out!