• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2022- Best .22 LR Suppressor?

Likely be getting the paperwork in on a dead air mask in next couple days. Been busy but finally some time to get back to this plan

Anyone have anything to add before I make the decision that I should consider?
Yeah, once you shoot it the first time, you will kick yourself for not doing it sooner... 😂

The Mask is an awesome can. You'll love it. 👍🏼

I ordered a Rugged Oculus back when people were saying eforms would mean 3 to 4 month approval. Now 8 months later it is still in jail. I wish I could find out how much I would have liked it.

Sparrow ss here, they used to be #1. The frp turned a lot of buyers off but great cans otherwise.

If I had to buy a new one, prolly be a Mask.

Not so much for the op, but for anyone else reading this thread doing research:

I have a Ruger Silent SR 22 suppressor. When I bought it I originally wanted the Dead Air Mask, but it was out of stock. The DAM was recommended at a shoot due to the absence of first round pop.

So, I bought the Ruger instead - I also wanted to buy from a company that has history, and I have faith that they will be around in the future.

The Ruger is easy to assemble/disassemble - put baffles in CLR - and it doesn't have a first round pop either. All 3 of my rimfires are accurate with the Ruger: Bergara b14r, cz 457, and a t1x in .17 hmr.

My BIL bought the Dead Air Mask a year later. I really can't tell any difference in noise reduction between the 2, but that is subjective.

I think after much research I really like the mask. The ability to run 5.7 (which I still want an fn) is interesting. Also like the titanium body vs aluminum

I understand what you are saying, the PTP unit will run 5.7 in semi but not full auto. Wasn't sure how much you were willing to spend so just putting out another option.

Reactions: hafejd30
I understand what you are saying, the PTP unit will run 5.7 in semi but not full auto. Wasn't sure how much you were willing to spend so just putting out another option.
I’m not worried about price. Only performance. Mainly precision rifles it will be used on

Sparrow ss here, they used to be #1. The frp turned a lot of buyers off but great cans otherwise.

If I had to buy a new one, prolly be a Mask.
Sparrow here also. I've had mine for several years. FRP isn't an issue for me. Battlehawk Armory has them for $299 but currently out of stock.

Reactions: 346ci
I have a spectre II , it’s been great. Easy to disassemble and clean with clr than a quick ultrasonic bath. I do want a Mask, but do I need it?

I went with the Deadair Mask and have been super pleased with it. It is effective, easy to clean and fairly light weight.

Reactions: FuhQ
The mask was the first 22 can and its still my favorite! Bought a CGS Hydra SS to add to the collection and it's GOOD but not as good. Being able to shoot suppressed renewed my love for 22 again. You will not have any doubts!

Another +1 for the Mask. It is small and performs extremely well. Considering ordering a 2nd one since one is none and 2 is 1.

22 cans are cheap enough. Once you get your first one, you will want more. Buy the TBAC and the Mask. You won’t regret it.

Reactions: AirgunnerPCP
I really like the KGM RF22. Very light and easy to clean. No POI shift on my Vudoo at all. After a range trip, I spray the baffles down with AeroKroil and wipe everything down. Cleans right up and never builds to the point of needing more aggressive and time consuming cleaning methods.

I also have a Tactical Solutions Axiom, it's a great can that doesn't get talked about as much. It's a bit quieter than the RF 22 and Dead Air Mask that I've compared it to with the same ammo. Also easy to clean. I usually give this one the Ultrasonic cleaning treatment every 500 rounds or so.

The mask was the first 22 can and its still my favorite! Bought a CGS Hydra SS to add to the collection and it's GOOD but not as good. Being able to shoot suppressed renewed my love for 22 again. You will not have any doubts!
Same here. I always enjoyed my .22’s, but hadn’t really shot them much in recent years. Getting my Mask HD and my Ranger 22 made me fall in love with shooting them again. I will be getting at least 1 more Mask HD, just for my .22 pistols. 👍🏼

It also has gotten my buddy’s youngest daughter interested in shooting, because it is so quiet and has zero recoil. She saw us shooting it off the porch one day and wanted to try. She had never shot anything larger than a kids-sized BB gun, or anything with an optic on it prior-to. So we setup a target at about 20 yards, and put a 2” orange bullseye sticker in the middle. We showed her how to look through the scope, the mechanics of how the gun functioned, and basic firearms safety, and she had that whole orange sticker shot off in about 15 minutes. We were both kind of shocked at how fast she learned, and how good she was. She’s a regular Annie Oakley. 👍🏼

My dealer couldn’t get the mask. But ordered me a TBAC so I’ll be trying that first. Figure with current politics I should get one or the other on the way asap

Any thoughts on how the Banish22 RF suppressor from Silencer Central would stack up against the other top rated cans?

Specs look good. 5 3/8 long and only 4.1 oz is pretty light for a can that is rated up to 5.7x28 and 17/22 Hornet.

Any thoughts on how the Banish22 RF suppressor from Silencer Central would stack up against the other top rated cans?

Specs look good. 5 3/8 long and only 4.1 oz is pretty light for a can that is rated up to 5.7x28 and 17/22 Hornet.
Dude, Silencer Central are not very well liked in the suppressor community. The folks who own/run it are pretty derpy and have been known to spit blatant lies. Example, they once tried to claim their Banish 30 was the best selling suppressor of all time. 🤦🏼 🤣

I’d steer-clear of those doofuses, but that’s just my opinion. Get the Mask HD and don’t look back. 👍🏼

My dealer couldn’t get the mask. But ordered me a TBAC so I’ll be trying that first. Figure with current politics I should get one or the other on the way asap
Strange… Why couldn’t he get the Mask? Sounds a bit odd.

Strange… Why couldn’t he get the Mask? Sounds a bit odd.
Just not in stock. Checked several times. He was putting a big TBAC order in and asked if I was interested in the TBAC instead. Figure at this point based on the reviews here I’d be happy with either. I’ll probably buy both honestly. Especially with kids coming up it be nice to have a couple.

Was beginning of September when I made this thread. With work and other commitments today is finally the day I’ll get the paperwork rolling on this. Figure I won’t see it for a year anyways but should get something going. Especially with politics going the way they are in MI. You never know. Dems take over across the board in a couple weeks here.

I own a SilencerCo Osprey Micro and a CGS Hydra SS and just went shooting with my buddy who owns a Deadair Mask 22. We both agreed my Hydra is quieter with supers and subs.

Reactions: Pomyluy

I handled one at a gun show and the threaded end of it has a pretty small shoulder at maybe .750 and would look weird on the end of a kukri or MTU contour. If going on something like a Tikka it would probably be fine.

Paperwork is in. Now the wait begins!

Apparently there’s some forms you fill out if within 24 months of approval for last atf form. Supposed to expedite the process a bit. Anyone done this? I did so I’ll see for myself but just curious if you actually get the E form 4 back quicker

Think I’ll be getting a mask when it comes in stock. My dealer checked before I got my TBAC and they were still out of stock

Reactions: lead ƒarmer

Apparently there’s some forms you fill out if within 24 months of approval for last atf form. Supposed to expedite the process a bit. Anyone done this? I did so I’ll see for myself but just curious if you actually get the E form 4 back quicker

Think I’ll be getting a mask when it comes in stock. My dealer checked before I got my TBAC and they were still out of stock
Good luck with the time line. I did the eForm through Silencer Shop kiosk, owner of that LGS said he was getting stamps back in under 90 days...filed mine in Feb, it finally got approved in Oct...still better than a one year wait.

Do not put the tube or end caps in there, it will remove the cerakote finish.
I wish I heard this a year ago :p

And I've been happy with the Mask. I'm sure the TBAC takedown 22 is good as well so both of those are popular and good recommendations.

What's the Form number to expedite? I need this. I constantly keep at least 1 in the pipe waiting. This could be helpful for future eForms...

What's the Form number to expedite? I need this. I constantly keep at least 1 in the pipe waiting. This could be helpful for future eForms...
Here is a link to what I’m referring to. I didn’t know anything about it until today. My dealer brought it up. Submitted with my normal paperwork. So in my case we did the same paperwork as without it but did it as an extra form. May speed it up may not we’ll see.

Again I know nothing about this personally and didn’t realize it existed until today. So take it for what it’s worth

Here is a link to what I’m referring to. I didn’t know anything about it until today. My dealer brought it up. Submitted with my normal paperwork. So in my case we did the same paperwork as without it but did it as an extra form. May speed it up may not we’ll see.

Again I know nothing about this personally and didn’t realize it existed until today. So take it for what it’s worth

I use Single Shot trusts, so that wouldn't apply to me. I will eventually get an actual NFA Gun Trust for my stuff, but as for now the Single Shots make things quick and cheap.

The dead air mask is stupid quiet, but most are on a .22 rifle. I went with a silencerco sparrow because every time I ever saw a group testing of one on different rifles they actually grouped better with the sparrow than unsuppresssed, most cans shoot about the same as unsuppressed or a hair worse depending. but, it does have a more noticeable first round pop on pistols due to more airspace. my next .22 pistol can will be a dead air mask. i am also going to get a griffin optimus micro for the AR and .22s.

What's "CLR"? Thank you.
Screenshot_20221221_102604_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: unrepentant
Inline6, Thank you. That's what my Google found, but I wasn't sure it was what Padom meant. Thanks again.

I don't think there really is a best. I own a few, and my next may be a Mask or TBAC. There are a ton of great options now, in the sub $400 range. A lot can depend on whether you are running mostly on a pistol, because there, primary considerations are weight, FRP, and overall DB reduction. On a rifle, I find FRP, DB, and weight all matter a heck of a lot less, and most .22 cans perform pretty well. On a rifle, the can is another foot or so away from your face, so it tends to sound a lot quieter. I think it is here (rifle) where things like the Sparrow shine because of how simple they are to clean. If you are going to run mostly on a pistol, especially a lighter pistol such as a Ruger MK IV, you definitely want to prioritize weight.

I’ve had a mask22 for a few months and a banish 22 with about 10k rounds through it. I like both but obviously the mask 22 is better. That being said, the banish 22 is actually a pretty nice can but a tough sell when it costs more than a takedown 22.

Anyone compare a dead air mask against a Griffin optimus micro?

Wondering if either is better for accuracy or repeatability over the other

Anyone compare a dead air mask against a Griffin optimus micro?

Wondering if either is better for accuracy or repeatability over the other
My only experience is with the Mask. Will say I got 1" or so groups at 100 with my friend's CZ 455 with it on (both Center X and SK ammo, stock chassis, Harris bipod.)

I use a form 1 from XRT. Quiet enough that I can hear the T1x receiver ring from the firing pin hitting the rim. Doesn't seem to effect accuracy, if it does I'm a poor enough shot that it isn't noticable but I'm also not making 300-400 yard shots regularly. Not bad for $350 all in (including the stamp)
PXL_20220416_190909345.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230209_204854606.jpg

I use a form 1 from XRT. Quiet enough that I can hear the T1x receiver ring from the firing pin hitting the rim. Doesn't seem to effect accuracy, if it does I'm a poor enough shot that it isn't noticable but I'm also not making 300-400 yard shots regularly. Not bad for $350 all in (including the stamp)View attachment 8072985View attachment 8072986
Nice vid! My prob with CCI quiet is its more like shooting artillery/indirect fire vs. centerfire lol.

Closer to pellet gun trajectories at 710fps…can almost see the damn bullet arc into the target. Heck, some pellet guns shoot supersonic.

CCI Quiet won’t cycle my 10/22 nor my Ruger MkIV. But it is fun out of the right gun at 50yds or less, for me anyway, as I varmint shoot.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Nice vid! My prob with CCI quiet is its more like shooting artillery/indirect fire vs. centerfire lol.

Closer to pellet gun trajectories at 710fps…can almost see the damn bullet arc into the target. Heck, some pellet guns shoot supersonic.

CCI Quiet won’t cycle my 10/22 nor my Ruger MkIV. But it is fun out of the right gun at 50yds or less, for me anyway, as I varmint shoot.
The CCI quiet trajectory is hilarious 😂 It's very useful for shooting out your wife's office window into the yard while she's home though... I'll probably be testing some Tenex this weekend I'll try to remember to take a couple videos of that as well.

Received my EA NYX Mod 2 a few days ago and was surprised that I couldn’t tell a difference in sound between the long and short configuration on my 10/22 using CCI Standard Velocity. Very happy with the can so far.
7CF43A5A-01AB-45AA-92C6-BCE467791EF7.jpeg
ED9AEEE5-F3D9-411C-9C40-76D95B457C97.jpeg

Reactions: Beppo and EWS
I ordered my second .22 can the other day. Went with a griffin Optimus micro based on several guys here who owned both that and the DA mask. As well as my dealer’s recommendation

So the wait for the griffin and TBAC continues

Have a B14R, T1X and Ruger Mark IV tactical waiting patiently

Reactions: Pomyluy
Would love to hear a comparison between the Mask and the TBAC. Feels like these are the top two rimfire cans currently.

Would love to hear a comparison between the Mask and the TBAC. Feels like these are the top two rimfire cans currently.
Honestly just pick one. Whichever one you can get a better deal on and is in stock. The biggest practical difference to me between the two (I have both) is the weight. TBAC is a bit lighter.

Both suppress very well and clean up easy.

Reactions: FuhQ and Tortuga
I’ve got the Griffin Resistance with the added taper mount blast baffle. Cycling the bolt on my 20” savage is louder than firing. Very impressed with how quiet is. However I need to shoot it more to see how I feel about it for prs style match accuracy.