• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2023 Black Friday & Veterans Day Sale Thread

What's the code?

Scroll down, lower right, in orange highlight: Code is FIRE

SureFire.png

In for deals, I've got 2 bolt gun and one gas gun build going at the same time so I dont even want to think about how much money I'm going to burn this month

It's a bit interesting how quiet black friday deals have been. We've seen a lot more sales and reduced ammo prices etc. this year, even some rebates, but even by the end of October last year there was more interesting stuff than we have now and we're 2 weeks into Nov. Hopefully the next couple weeks won't disappoint.

Sales are massive motivators. I remember a long time ago (dating myself here) when JcPenny went from their fake everything is on sale/clearance prices all the time to being "honest" about just offering good low prices but not faking sales/clearances. Even though the prices were lower than the fake sale prices, their sales volume tanked and in a matter of 2-3 months they scrambled back to their "everything is on fake sale!" and business shot up again.

Lots of different breeds of folks in the shooting world. You have guys with so much $$$ they just buy everything and don't worry about it, their time is always worth more than finding for a better price. You have guys spending $$$ but really shouldn't be to try and show off and make a status statement, these are usually the guys screaming "buy once cry once you poor!" in every thread. You have the guys that can really justify top $$$ gear cause they are top competitors. It doesn't seem like most of the top competitors spend much time on forums, they probably have better things to do :) You have guys fooled that buying X widget will fix their shooting when their fundamentals are by far the biggest issue. You have guys that have fifty $500-$1000 rigs, that complain they don't have the really nice stuff, but if they sold those fifty rigs, they could have 10 really nice ones. You have the guys that are really working on tight budgets trying to squeak out every dollar for their hobby and maybe keep their kids shooting. Plus you have the guys that just really love a deal.

Companies also do a great job with marketing hype to ensure that consumers are as motivated as possible to frequently replace products. They will purposely plan not including features into product releases in order to push "upgrade" sales down the road and vastly over-sell new features to do the same. We see it with optics all the time, every year new optics come out and for a year or two everyone says they compete with optics 2-3x the price, but sure enough a couple years later you find out they didn't really live up to all that hype. You also have a LOT of sponsors/reps now on forums, social media etc. pumping up products way more than they should be, or making competitors products look bad and many never revealing they are basically a paid marketing agent for a particular company.

Consumers as a whole are the most powerful and dumbest entity at the same time. They could bring entire industries and pricing structures to a halt if they banded together for even a week to boycott things, yet instead we have $100k half ton pickups, $1000 bipods, $800 scope mounts, and $200 chassis weights.

I have to admit though, the MDT and KRG type insanity fests for blem and black friday etc, are such a train wreck that it's really worth it to be a spectator just to watch the shit show, same for following the threads about them after the fact.

Someone already mentioned the 20% off at Aero Precision but the 10% MIL/LE discount if your account is set up for it gets stacked with it. Ends today..

Sadly Cabela's $10 ammo can deal this year is on the crappy plastic dry boxes.

Quite a few of the ads have been leaked on sites like blackfriday.com etc. and I haven't seen anything very interesting in the way of rebates and ammo sales. Some 9mm deals approaching $10-11 a box. Some bulk 22 ammo deals, Academy will have 1100 rds of federal black 22 for $50 after rebate doesn't really sound exciting. But for folks that have not stockpiled in the past there might be some good deals to stock up on for bulk range ammo.

My personal black friday rant is shops that kick off their events during the middle of day during the work week for high demand events. So the vast majority of customers either have to skip work, leave work to shop on a tiny cell phone, or use company resources for personal use, none of which are good options.

Cabelas is also doing 10% off gift cards (max 5 per household). Combined with active junky cash back that can be a good deal for things that typically never go on sale.

Guns.com is doing the FN-15 SRP G2 for $899.

Do TL3 actions ever go on sale? I'm wanting to build a .223 on that action. Also does Northland Shooter Supply do any BF deals?
No. They don't half enough profit margin to run deals. Their mil discount is razor thin. To the point I'd just give them the 60$ or whatever a discount would be.

Reactions: kornface13
Anyone know if Impact Precision will have any sales this year? Looking for prefit barrels

So what time of day does MDT's sale usually go live and is it while stock lasts or just for the entire time period?

Late afternoon/early evening. They tend to have a limited supply of fire sale items, but then have a 10% off everything that runs all weekend.
Well hope their Elite Scope Rings are up for sale then and I can grab some.

Anybody know where I can get a NF atacr 4-16x42 black Friday deal?

Do you know if there’ll be JAE chassis and accessories available?
There should be a minimum of 10% discount off of EVERYTHING sitewide as standard, so I would imagine so!
Any idea when the MDT Black Friday Sale starts?
Someone above nailed it, but we almost always go live at 3pm PST on the Thursday!

There should be a minimum of 10% discount off of EVERYTHING sitewide as standard, so I would imagine so!
Someone above nailed it, but we almost always go live at 3pm PST on the Thursday!

I need a set of "Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers" for this stock on my old school ACC Chassis

So that I order the right parts the first time, which Stock is this ?
MDT_RubberDampers_05__40725.jpg

Reactions: MDT_Josh
@bohem is PVA running a BF sale?

A few days ago in the PVA prefit thread in the bolt rifle section Josh said that the black Friday sale runs from Nov 15 through Dec 1st. Includes a bunch of prefits, bullets, and accessories.

Link to Josh talking about the sale: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/your-pva-prefit-experience.7126285/post-11224121

Looks like the PVA website sale link is up, code goes live tomorrow morning: https://patriotvalleyarms.com/black-friday-2023-sales/

Last edited:
A few days ago in the PVA prefit thread in the bolt rifle section Josh said that the black Friday sale runs from Nov 15 through Dec 1st. Includes a bunch of prefits, bullets, and accessories.

Link to Josh talking about the sale: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/your-pva-prefit-experience.7126285/post-11224121

Looks like the PVA website sale link is up, code goes live tomorrow morning: https://patriotvalleyarms.com/black-friday-2023-sales/
Looks like the base prices went up just in time for the sale? I don’t remember prefits being $750.

Reactions: wade2big
Looks like the base prices went up just in time for the sale? I don’t remember prefits being $750.

Interesting... base prices for the non-BF Osprey prefits are $690, and have the full range of chamberings and flutings available. The BF offerings are $621 base price and have a more limited selection of options.

Accessories and bullets looks like they'll be 17.76% off starting tomorrow with the BF discount code.

No, though I can understand why it looks that way. The website back end only allows 1 sale price and 1 MSRP price. MSRP is $750 and we've sold them below that for a long time, hence the $690 price you're remembering.

All I did was take 10% off 690 (690-69=621) and leave the MSRP price alone. The discount code works for parts only, barrels I put a discount on directly because that's been a source of confusion in years past. Folks struggle to type in the discount code accurately, then they order the item and call wanting us to back apply the code; which costs customer service time, as well as additional CC fee costs from an additional transaction and fees associated with it. For the last two years I just did away with a code for barrels and things have run much more smoothly.

In the Black Friday barrel options I also discounted fluting substantially ($140 vs $175) and some of the other options (brake combo) that we do in house are discounted as well. Cerakote is an outside service so it's not discounted.

10% off chamber and thread your barrel blank.
ADUK4HL starts NOV 24 ends NOV 27

Sources for Blanks:

Front Range Precision @Front Range Precision (Proof Research)
Southern Precision Rifles @Bugholes (Bartlein, Krieger, Brux, Mullerworks)
Patriot Valley Arms @bohem (Osprey)

Others:
Redhawk Rifles
Bullet Central
Bruno Shooters Supply
OTM Tactical

Last edited:
I need a set of "Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers" for this stock on my old school ACC Chassis

So that I order the right parts the first time, which Stock is this ?
View attachment 8272374
That is what we now call our Skeleton Rifle Stock (XTN) and it is the "Premier" version! So the dampeners you'll need are for SRS-X Premier:
1700090763538.png

- Josh

That is what we now call our Skeleton Rifle Stock (XTN) and it is the "Premier" version! So the dampeners you'll need are for SRS-X Premier:
View attachment 8273063

- Josh
Not the drift the thread with a love fest, but this is why I wasn't (that) pissed it took MDT 4-5 envelopes to get me a couple of washers and a screw. You're alright, sir, looking that up for him. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MDT_Josh and R_A_W
MDT has some of the best CS in the industry... I had a small fluke on a magazine & they jumped to help me out so fast I had 3 phone calls and 2 emails from 3 different people before they really had a chance to communicate internally

Yup MDT is an excellent company. My jabs at their Black Friday computer issues is just having fun with them. I was only bummed because I wanted another Ckyepod because it’s the best bipod I have ever used. I got some great deals on mags when the site was working so I was happy in the long run.

Barreled actions are not part of the PVA sale correct?
Not considered an accessory I assume?
We have 1 barreled action each day that's available at a screaming deal. It goes live at 9am and the first person to hit "Place Order" gets it for the day.

We don't typically discount barreled actions due to the large cost of the reciever part not being discounted by the company who is supplying the part and the taxes due that don't get discounted either.

We have 1 barreled action each day that's available at a screaming deal. It goes live at 9am and the first person to hit "Place Order" gets it for the day.

We don't typically discount barreled actions due to the large cost of the reciever part not being discounted by the company who is supplying the part and the taxes due that don't get discounted either.
Totally understood.
Thanks