• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

20gr. aguila .22lr ammo??

keith jones

Minuteman
Sep 14, 2010
Bulls Gap,TN
I have tried this because I saw a review that it was very quiet. The box says very accurate. I couldnt even sight in my scope at 25 yards with it,im shooting a savage MKII. Is this just me or is there something I am missing. Is it the barrel twist or is it a novelty ammo because it is very quiet.

Re: 20gr. aguila .22lr ammo??

I don't think those actually have powder in them, they may be only primers.

I've got a couple of boxes. They are very quiet, very slow and hit very low.

I used them off of the back porch at a tree 35 yds away when I first put the scope on my CZ. When I went to the range with std velocity subsonic match stuff I was about 7 mils high (7.0 not 0.7) They should zero at 25, you've just got to crank up the elevation.

The first round that I tried in my Anshutz 1700 got stuck in the barrel.... Had to clean all of the previous fouling out to get them to exit. Comparing the "report" to a pellet gun is about right, with comparable "power". I gave up before doing any serious accuracy testing, but may re-visit some day?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I recommend starting with a clean bore.

And as stated above, there is no propellent in the cases - just priming compound!

Cheers,

Bill

they are primer only my ruger single six likes them, I put one in a raccoons earhole at 25 yards with the ruger about 7 years ago, it did the trick
wink.gif
my Marlin 22A golden boy is so long that they barely make it out of the barrel. 20 yards and the trajectory turns into a rainbow.

I find that a really short barrel rifle works ok...but I like the CB caps out of an old Win 67. It is of the same sound level, but is minute of cat out to 30 yards.

I find that a really short barrel rifle works ok with the Aguila...but I like the CB caps out of an old Win 67. They are of the same sound level, but are minute of cat out to 30 yards. I got one of the hollow point tools from Paco Kelly and they really work on pests and varmints. JMHO

Dont get me wrong though. I have a couple in my bug out bag for quiet critter killing, but don't begin to think you can zero them beyond 15 yards. They're semi predictable at best with iron sights on my henry. Target rifle has fits with 'em. Be prepared to do some cleaning afterwards, lots of primer residue will remain. Try the Sniper Sub Sonics (SSS) from aguila, 60 grain out of a 22 short case. Not quiet but pack more punch at short range. Another thing too, is you have make sure you're buying the super colibri's and not just the colibri's. The supers have more primer and get the round through a 20 plus inch barrel. Where as the standard colibri's can (and have in my equipment) get stuck.

If you have a kinky ammo question, feel free to PM me, cause channces are I've tried it.

My Ruger 22/45 really likes both standard and super colibri. (turns it into a manually operated repeater of course due to lack of recoil) I've taken a bevy of squirrels from my kitchen window. come to think of it I get more time on that gun than any other as a result of the sheer convenience.
last squirrel yesterday was 20 yards. Minute of squirrel for sure. and it's not shooting low in this particular pistol. it's dead on.

note: it won't manually feed in all magazines. my old Glenfield tube magazine rifle hates them.

They don't have powder in them, just a primer as someone else said.

I get ~ 2.5" groups from mine at 25yd from a Marlin 25N which is normally a 1 holer at 25yd. From my Ceiner AR15 conversion they do around 3.5" for a setup that's usually about 1/2".

They have plenty of accuracy to kill squirrels, racoons, rats, etc. inside of 25yd. They go about 700fps from my Marlin rifle and are exceptionally quiet even without a suppressor. Suppressed they're fantastic, complete noise abatement.

Test to see if they exit your rifle barrel, some barrels don't work with them, they're designed to run from pistols. The Marlin and AR work but my Win 63 and 10/22 don't reliably spit them out. I don't want to hammer stuck lead out of the barrels so I don't shoot them anymore from them.

I've only played with them out of a revolver in the basement at about 30 feet and found they will shoot under 1/2" at that distance. QUIET !!!