• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

22 Creedmoor vs 224 Valkarie

I know this thread is in bolt guns, but BR's/BRX's down't last long in the -15 platform. The duality of the cartridge is why I say it. A BR will beat a .224V otherwise.

Also, FWIW, I was getting 36 gr. out of my 6.8 SPC necked down to 6mm. I can't see total capacity of the .224V case only being .32 gr. The body is just way bigger.
In post 18 he said bolt gun.

Measure some cases for yourself, I bet the numbers will be very close to the ones I found

The appeal of the 22 Creedmoor for me is being able to run it out of my AXMC. I can have 3-4 barrels spun up before I reach the cost of another gun. Ideally I'd like to run 90s or 95s out of a 20-22" barrel pushing 3k but I need to do some more research to see if it's possible. 18" would be even better but I might be dreaming there.

3k is easy with a 20 to 22 inch. I like to run a 25 to 26 to maximize burn of slower barrel.

I get that frank and other are paid to promote it and that it might be the next 6.5 creedmoor but I don't see it happening soon.

Federal as already burned it with poor factory ammo and Hornady is the only not too shitty source of brass for now.

Other than JP everything else is typical of the ar15 market... Cheap as their user..

I'd be happy to be wrong and get one but not yet or until the hyper dies off by itself.

Measure some cases for yourself, I bet the numbers will be very close to the ones I found

224 Grendel 35.3gr
224 Valkyrie 32.8gr
22 Nosler 35.5gr
223 Rem 29 ish as there are so many cases and it can very quite a bit for the old 223. All measured in H20 to over flow.

These were the numbers I found when I recently did some searching. Pretty sure the same guy measured the cases he had so it was a good comparison. I know numbers get to be all over the place when looking at some sites.

Reactions: Geno C.
I get that frank and other are paid to promote it and that it might be the next 6.5 creedmoor but I don't see it happening soon.

Sick of you fuckers spreading lies about me, keep my fucking name out of your posts if you don’t know me.

I was NOT paid to promote the Valkyrie, I had no conversations with Federal or Hornady and I Paid for all the Ammo I Shot.,

I don’t get paid for my videos and the only one I was working with at all was JP Rifles and I asked to use the Valkyrie. It was my choice, I could have just as easily used the 6.5CM rifle I was originally shooting.

Brian Whalen helped early on and ask if I wanted to extend the distances and make some videos. I was not paid a dime and everything came out of my pocket if I produced it.

Pathetic to make yourself sound important acting like you know me.

PS, the case capacity is 34.5

With the 80gr Bullet, the original velocity reached was 3170fps, it was later fine-tuned to 3120fps to be the better node.

The finished velocity we used with the 88s were 2880fps out of a 26" barrel, which was very accurate, maintaining good speed.

I don't know what powders he experimented with, but I can ask. Lots of this stuff being posted is misplaced speculation.

The data on the Valkyrie shows it to work as advertised to 1250 yards, both from a 22" Semi-Auto and more so from the 26" Bolt gun. This includes the factory ammo. I have been shooting all factory ammo beyond Brian's Hand Loads for the ELR Stuff, and my results were outstanding

3k is easy with a 20 to 22 inch. I like to run a 25 to 26 to maximize burn of slower barrel.

Federal as already burned it with poor factory ammo and Hornady is the only not too shitty source of brass for now.

Other than JP everything else is typical of the ar15 market... Cheap as their user..

I'd be happy to be wrong and get one but not yet or until the hyper dies off by itself.

Wow, what a fuckhead post.

I'll be the first to admit I've made some stupid comments/posts. But let's just file this under, "How to piss off the HMFIC" 101.

Reactions: Estes640
PS, the case capacity is 34.5

With the 80gr Bullet, the original velocity reached was 3170fps, it was later fine-tuned to 3120fps to be the better node.

The finished velocity we used with the 88s were 2880fps out of a 26" barrel, which was very accurate, maintaining good speed.

I don't know what powders he experimented with, but I can ask. Lots of this stuff being posted is misplaced speculation.

The data on the Valkyrie shows it to work as advertised to 1250 yards, both from a 22" Semi-Auto and more so from the 26" Bolt gun. This includes the factory ammo. I have been shooting all factory ammo beyond Brian's Hand Loads for the ELR Stuff, and my results were outstanding

Powders used would be awesome. Gonna be messing with this as soon as reamer arrives.

Reactions: Subwrx300
Hate or love my post it's the feeling of many people i've talked to. Funny to see reactions when you kick were it's painful.

It's okay with me Frank if you say your not paid for anything in your video's and apologies. But correct me if I am wrong but you evolve in a lineof work where you do alot of advertising so not getting ''encouraged'' is hard.

As I said and I mean it, I'd be happy to be wrong about the Valkyrie and even get on when good brass come up.

Hate or love my post it's the feeling of many people i've talked to. Funny to see reactions when you kick were it's painful.

It's okay with me Frank if you say your not paid for anything in your video's and apologies. But correct me if I am wrong but you evolve in a lineof work where you do alot of advertising so not getting ''encouraged'' is hard.

As I said and I mean it, I'd be happy to be wrong about the Valkyrie and even get on when good brass come up.

Maybe you should ask people privately before you make fuckhead statements.

Your post did not convey “feeling.” You stated an absolute as if it was a known fact.

Maybe you should ask people privately before you make fuckhead statements.

Your post did not convey “feeling.” You stated an absolute as if it was a known fact.

Maybe you should mind your own business as he is capable of answering when he feels it's needed.

If I told everyone you beat your wife and you got mad about it, is that hitting you where it hurts?

Reactions: Bender

11 posts to your account and the last three are trying to call out the owner of the site, provoke a stupid line of illogical nonsense and then come back to start it up again?

Either:
A) you have no f*+$ing clue what you are doing here...
OR
B) you THINK you have a clue and actually have no f*+$ing clue what you are doing here...

I can think of only two possible outcomes of your post and both involve getting banned. Good Luck!

I'm sure Frank doesn't hear it too often, but he's "big enough" to handle whatever may come up on the Hide. That is true. But there are many people on this forum that appreciate what he's done for the shooting community and will quickly shut down any false or inflammatory accusation waged against the man. If you want to stick around for long, I suggest a change of tone. I've seen a few people embarrass themselves. Self included. It's not pretty. Just a friendly FYI. :)

I said I apologies to Frank but I still think what Ive said on the Valkyrie. No More I can do.

Now if the girly fanclub cannot STFU and want to continue feeding the post with even less meaning full . Then nothing I can do.

I said I apologies to Frank but I still think what Ive said on the Valkyrie. No More I can do.

Now if the girly fanclub cannot STFU and want to continue feeding the post with even less meaning full . Then nothing I can do.
As a new member to ANY group (whether on internet or in person), there is a general guideline that most intelligent people follow, which is to listen more often than you speak and be civil in the process. Both your tone, grammatical style and lack of fact/content are a disservice to those reading this forum.

To call out those that have followed this forum for years (and in many cases over a decade) you are both 100% incorrect and simply offending other members. You don't know anyone here yet you call those that have at least a history a "girly fanclub"?

Pretty sure you just lit your own countdown fuse... 3...2....1....

Reactions: Kevin.N

I know he said bolt gun. I mentioned in the first sentence of what you quoted of me, "I know this is in bolt guns". "The duality of the cartridge" is supposed to mean both bolt and AR. In this case -15 platform so you don't have to go with the heavier -10 platform. Read further and you will see that I state, "otherwise, the BR will beat it hands down." No such duality with BR's. They don't last in AR's. So owning one each isn't such a hot idea.

You lost me again, particularly with the last sentence.

Sorry, the dimensions I was given a while back were close to that of the 6.8 SPC necked down. Minus 1mm on the neck. The only thing I have close to that is a 6.8 SPC necked down to 6mm as opposed to 5.56/.223. I went back and looked at the dimensions of the .224V and they have sized down more than just the case length, my bad.

Eat a big fucking dick, the mere fact you are implying my opinion or experience with Brian was paid for is a huge insult. Where do you see my advertising, or even suggesting there is a return for my experience, no, I said over and over we did it because it was fun.

I came in 12th at Guardian with the 224V, won top veteran / Leo, where was the media blitz? Where was Hornady capitalizing on the success. Did you see me promoting or advertising that ?

Do you SEE a federal or Hornady ad on here? No

Just because haters want to make themselves feel good by suggesting I sell advertising is plainly stupid. Do you see ,
Me Activitly promote one or the other or even suggesting something paid for ?

Funny some of the people I have seen suggesting I was paid are actually paid by Nosler so in return they say, I get paid.

This idea, which was also mentioned in the fuck the trolls thread that I am out actively playing this advertiser game comes from guys who are sponsored by a rival to the 224V. I am not sponsored and if you had any brains you’d know I mostly shoot Prime Ammo, who doesn’t carry 224V.

This is how bullshit lies and rumors start, you repeating crap that others are saying to try and limit the impact of the message.

Keep talking out your fucking ass here, bunch of bullshit, sick of you jealous fuckers making up shit to bolster your own opinion and take away from others. Cause that is what you were doing, dismissing what I saw in favor of your opinion.

Last edited:
Valkyrie H2o
20180510_205555.jpg

Reactions: Geno C.
I have a 26" Valkyrie (Gas gun) and, while it's been a bit tough to keep in tune, I'm more than sold. It's in another league compared to a standard 223/556 running 77gr at mag length. In a bolt gun, it would be faster and likely much more consistent. It would not be too difficult to imagine 2900+ with solid brass life from bolt action.

That said, the 22 Creed has it's place in a bolt gun for pure speed from a short action. While it will be much flatter and faster than same bullet from a Valkyrie, the 224V has a distinct advantage in barrel life and cost of ammo/availability of ammo. Even if handloading, the Valkyrie will win in terms of powder/brass costs.

If you couple 3k-5k barrel life with variety of factory ammo for a pinch, it would seem that the more affordable trainer/all purpose rifle would be the Valkyrie. For match build though, I may lean towards the 22 Creed just under the speed limit of 3200fps with 88-90gr bullets.

Here are the theoretical ballistics for an 88ELDM from 22 Creed at 3150fps (first picture) vs 224V at 2900fps (2nd pic), 55deg, 1000feet:
Screenshot_20181124-195646_Applied Ballistics.jpg

224V Bolt @ 2900fps
Screenshot_20181124-195654_Applied Ballistics.jpg

The 224V is still flatter than a 140 VLD 6.5CM running around 2750 to 1000 yards. And it costs 50% less to shoot than the 6.5 and probably about 20% less than 22 Creed. Toss in 2 extra barrels for the 22Creed to make it to 5000 rounds and it's substantially more than the Valkyrie.

Doesn’t count after you get called out, try to explain your way around it, get called out again, then apologize.

Also, so there isn’t any confusion, you’re a fuckhead.

I didn't see anything in the OP about running any matches with speed limits, but if that's even a slight possibility, I think the Valkyrie is the better choice. With the 3200fps limit, you don't leave much on the table with the Valkyrie (maybe 100-200fps at most) before you hit the limit. While the 22 Creed will likely hit and pass it, it would be wasted capability and pushing excessive powder/pressure through barrel that simply means short barrel life.

I am thinking a properly bult bolt gun in 224V with a 26" barrel would be a ripping good match rifle with great barrel life. I'm gonna build one because ...well, why not?

I have a 26" Valkyrie (Gas gun) and, while it's been a bit tough to keep in tune, I'm more than sold. It's in another league compared to a standard 223/556 running 77gr at mag length. In a bolt gun, it would be faster and likely much more consistent. It would not be too difficult to imagine 2900+ with solid brass life from bolt action.

That said, the 22 Creed has it's place in a bolt gun for pure speed from a short action. While it will be much flatter and faster than same bullet from a Valkyrie, the 224V has a distinct advantage in barrel life and cost of ammo/availability of ammo. Even if handloading, the Valkyrie will win in terms of powder/brass costs.

If you couple 3k-5k barrel life with variety of factory ammo for a pinch, it would seem that the more affordable trainer/all purpose rifle would be the Valkyrie. For match build though, I may lean towards the 22 Creed just under the speed limit of 3200fps with 88-90gr bullets.

Here are the theoretical ballistics for an 88ELDM from 22 Creed at 3150fps (first picture) vs 224V at 2900fps (2nd pic), 55deg, 1000feet:
View attachment 6975386

224V Bolt @ 2900fps
View attachment 6975387

The 224V is still flatter than a 140 VLD 6.5CM running around 2750 to 1000 yards. And it costs 50% less to shoot than the 6.5 and probably about 20% less than 22 Creed. Toss in 2 extra barrels for the 22Creed to make it to 5000 rounds and it's substantially more than the Valkyrie.
Thanks for taking the time to put this up, good stuff. What a great round for Kidds . They can shoot with you all day at the same targets without doubling your ammo cost!

Reactions: HayStax

You are wrong and saying that it’s what a lot of people are saying even though you are the first to post it doesn’t make any less of a bonehead post. You haven’t been paying attention or just are trolling or you would know that there are other great rifles being built on the AR platform for this round. You don’t know what you don’t know. So sometimes you would be better off finding out before posting crap as fact.

Starline brass has been available for some time already. Maybe do some research before making definitive statements that make you look uninformed.

Maybe you should mind your own business as he is capable of answering when he feels it's needed.

Although I don’t generally post ad hominem comments, I have to ask if your mother had any children that lived?

Why don’t you go and find a different venue for your accusations you fucking hobbit.

Last edited:
If he doesn't come up with a case capacity weight just let me know and I will weigh one tomorrow. Not sure if I have to pull a bullet to do so but it's no big deal if I have to.

I am away from home for a few days. If you can, please do. I know I had a few AI' cases but finding them may be difficult.

On a side note, awhile back I loaded a 77 grain bthp into both a standard 223 and a valkyrie with the same powder charge and primer. The valkyrie was about 30 fps slower, but there was quite a bit more room for powder in the valkyrie whereas the 223 was at compression. I was using Varget. I suspect that a long throated Valkyrie made for use in an aics modified mag would match, if not surpass a 223ai loaded long with the same 88 or 95 grain bullet.

I'm getting a little tired of people accusing LL of earning money to make a living. Nobody knows he has to take in black peoples laundry to supplement his shooting related income. Fucking idiots. You want to get rich like LL start with one POS rifle and a vehicle with a radiator leak. And at the efficiency apartment a dial up modem. Wait twenty years so some twenty-five year old fucking limp dick can accuse you of being a shameful opportunist in public. No respect.

Reactions: lash and BLKWLFK9
I’m trying to decide between a .223 AI and the Valkyrie. I have everything in .223 already, but a heavy throwing 224V is extremely tempting.

Only handloading or is factory ammo a factor?

That’s why I’m building a Valkyrie. I have the option not to hand load and better performance than standard 223.

(Before people say you can shoot 223 in the AI, you don’t get the performance you do from the Valkyrie with 223 factory ammo)

I don’t want a barrel burner. If I can get 5k out of a heavy .223 projectile. I’m down. I don’t need full retard speed. I wan efficiencies and inexpensive reloading.

Also why I’m going with Valkyrie. Even if I only get 3k rounds, with better performance than a .223, I’ll be happy.