• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 Creedmoor

hey [MENTION=19671]KYS[/MENTION] and update on barrel life? I am interested in this caliber as I have an old rem 700 .308 action that needs a new job soon!

Its still going strong. I would say this is going to be similar to 243 barrel life. 3500 rounds was always my goal per barrel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KYS, what load have you settled in on for the .22Creed, and how is it performing velocity wise?
Do you have an idea as to what pressure your load is running at? How is the brass holding up?

For curiosity's sake, would like to see where the .22Creed shakes out and falls, among the .22-250, .22-250AI, .22x47L, .22-243Win , .22-243AI and .22-6mm.

Thanks!

KYS, what load have you settled in on for the .22Creed, and how is it performing velocity wise?
Do you have an idea as to what pressure your load is running at? How is the brass holding up?

For curiosity's sake, would like to see where the .22Creed shakes out and falls, among the .22-250, .22-250AI, .22x47L, .22-243Win , .22-243AI and .22-6mm.

Thanks!

I've posted the velocities several times now. 3415 is what my original gun is running with the suppressor in use. I re-barreled my old 308 with a barrel from the same crate and it is shooting faster. Around 3450 with a suppressor.
Both guns are easily capable of producing 1/4" groups at 100 yards. I can't evaluate pressure but Im sure Josh @ Copper Creek can do that, he makes all my ammo for me. The brass is doing great, I am still shooting thru my ammo that was new, so it will be some time before I can evaluate its longevity.

I have also taken this out to 1100 yards and it was hitting steel with authority. Im not sure what the threshold of distance is for it but I would say past 1200 it might get a little shaky.

Thanks KYS
Was trying to deduce as to how hard one would have to push the 22Creed to achieve those impressive velocities while maintaining an expectation of ~3500 rds of barrel life.
My .22-243Win load with the 75s is running 3435 with mild load of RL-25, and flies great to 985. Never messed with it beyond that, but it was impressive to say the least. Can't see that barrel making 3K+ rounds though, but there's only one way to find out!

Being so fond of the 22-243Win, just had built a 22-243AI to push the limits a bit. Preliminary full house loads with molyed 75 Amaxs neared 3650fps with no pressure signs. 80Amax we're nearing 3540. Pretty sure I stumbled into a couple loads without smokin' too much barrel in the process. Fire forming loads are stoopid accurate runnin 3300with 80s. I'd be tickled with 1200rds at that performance.
As an aside, My 'smith ran our 22-243AI reamer in short to chamber a 22x47L Imp and he's getting crazy speed from that little 'cat. Pressure has gotta be thru the roof though, it's the only way to get similar speed from less powder capacity. Lucky for him those little Lapua cases can handle it...

Based on case capacity alone, I figure the 22Creed is a near twin to the 22-243Win...maybe a grain less? Would still be curious to know the case capacity and powder/load data to screw around with on QL...

we use Hodgdon Hybrid 100v. We can go down to a 68gr bullet with the barrel twist I am running. But I designed this setup to run 3400-3500 with no pressure signs and maintain a high grade of accuracy. It's doing that and at that point I stopped messing with the loads. If I want more speed I pick up the 6 Crusader that runs the 105gr Bergers at nearly 3500 fps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gotcha.
Sorry for pestering. I figured a fellow wildcatter wouldn't mind sharing some specifics about a new tinker toy.

Maybe Josh @ Copper Creek could chime in about the H<sub>2</sub>O capacity of the finished .22Creed case?
GAP has been very forthcoming & helpful with load data when developing the 6Creed and, more recently, the 6.5 GAP 4s. Might be advantageous to get some hard load data circulated to pique a deeper interest in the .22Creed.

Gotcha.
Sorry for pestering. I figured a fellow wildcatter wouldn't mind sharing some specifics about a new tinker toy.

Maybe Josh @ Copper Creek could chime in about the H[SUB]2[/SUB]O capacity of the finished .22Creed case?
GAP has been very forthcoming & helpful with load data when developing the 6Creed and, more recently, the 6.5 GAP 4s. Might be advantageous to get some hard load data circulated to pique a deeper interest in the .22Creed.

Like I said, you will have to talk to Josh on the details. I merely shot the test ammo he sent me and reported back with what the results were. He does all the brass work, loading, research, etc.
He will point you in the right direction.

KYS: what velocity would you project with 75g amax and 22 inch tube? Are you chasing lands to maintain accuracy?