• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 creedmoor

45 boxes of Alpha Munitions 22 Creedmoor OCD brass in stock!

giphy.gif

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube

Reactions: Clownbuster

Yup, got em! Was hoping for large but that’s just an excuse to buy more.

giphy.gif

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube

4500 prices available in first run, sold out in a few hours. This is how this industry has become, make small runs nowhere near the demand of a product. Price is higher than lapua now too. The alpha prices used to be what drew me to them, now they gone the Midway approach.
Ocd brass is good, but at the sacrifice to case capacity. Lapua holds more powder and is just as strong or stronger in case head than ocd. This is comparing non ocd 65cm srp, 65cm ocd lrp, and lapua SRP. I have nowhere near the gadgets as Primal just going on regular psi signs. I do love the fact alpha runs large flash hole in srp brass, I haven't had any hang fires in freeing to sub zero temps and cci450. Lapua I can't say that. I guess everyone has the right to spend their hard earned dollars where they please. I just think it's nuts to make such a small run for a very quickly growing cartridge. Everyone who shoots my 22cr either now has one, or is building one. GREAT round for deer to Prairie dogs.

Reactions: AXEFORCE6
4500 prices available in first run, sold out in a few hours.
They sold out in 10 minutes.

This is how this industry has become, make small runs nowhere near the demand of a product.
Are you aware how many pieces they are running in this batch? ... because I am, and you are so far from the truth its not even funny. They just had this much ready and didn't delay, they immediately put it up for sale to start getting it out as fast as they could. They should be thanked for that, not demonized.

Price is higher than lapua now too.
Well alpha's is better, so it should be.

Ocd brass is good, but at the sacrifice to case capacity.
This brass is well within what I'd call standard capacity. It's not just good, its the best brass I've ever tested, in anything... ever.

Lapua holds more powder and is just as strong or stronger in case head than ocd.
Even if that were true... Why is more powder a good thing, when you can get the same velocity and hit the same nodes with less? There is no way possible that lapua has a stronger case head than this brass. Unless you can prove to me that you've received this new 22 creed OCD from alpha and tested it... there is no way you could even know that what you're saying is false. So why are you saying it? Based on my testing, Alpha OCD 22 Creedmoor is a massive improvement over lapua. Every American shooter should be thankful that we have an American manufacturer pushing this hard to solve this problem, and succeeding. Or do you like having ONE quality brass source in the entire world, and having that require importation?

By the way, does lapua have headstamped 22 creed? How about 6BRA? 6 Dasher? No, they don't. ... because only ALPHA MUNITIONS is listening to and then DOING what the serious American shooter wants. Given enough time, they will become more than the best brass manufacturer in the USA... they'll be be the best in the world. They just need to get their production quantities up, and they'll take that title.

I just think it's nuts to make such a small run for a very quickly growing cartridge.
Again, you simply are not in possession of the facts. They are doing a huge run. They just had the first batch out of QC and immediately put it up for sale.

Everyone who shoots my 22cr either now has one, or is building one. GREAT round for deer to Prairie dogs.
Basically the only thing you've said that I agree with. I would strongly encourage you to calm down and stop disparaging one of our outstanding AMERICAN brass manufacturers with false statements. Alpha Munitions has advanced the manufacturing of brass beyond what I could have imagined. It's likely the most significant advancement in the precision rifle discipline within the last 100 years. If you don't know why, or how... feel free to give me a call anytime and I'll take you through it. Sorry if this seems like a rant against you, but please, consider the effects of your false statements.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube

I think I have worn out my "refresh the page" button while trying to see when there's more in stock... :)

Question: Do I care if I go with SRP or should I wait for LRP? They're essentially the same yes?

I had two boxes in the cart yesterday, and while I was digging out my CC and attempting to pay,
when I tried to complete the transaction it said no longer in stock.

80.5 Berger fullbore
40.2 gr h4350
3339 fps
6mm peterson necked down.
24" 1/7 twist Rock Creek

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-095328_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202-095328_Gallery.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 122
just ordered a 22cm 20” 1:7. Question is SRP or LRP? Don’t execute me if I missed it in the other pages lol

Whidden custom FL bushing dies. Sent them 3x pcs of fired brass a long time before this cartridge was even though about for mainstream and had them make a set of dies.

But you can certainly get away with either 6 or 6.5cm dies and bushings.
Sounds like the route I’ll go. Thanks..

I've had great luck with my rcbs matchmaster FL bushing 22cm sizing die, the matchmaster seaters are so/so.
I need to get something initially before I go to the custom die route. Good to know

I need to get something initially before I go to the custom die route. Good to know
When I bought mine, Whidden was the only one with them in stock, if you have Creedmoor bushing dies just get a .250 bushing and a 22-250 seater die. Whidden is worth the cost as they come with a number of bushing, plus additional decapping pins etc.

Reactions: Surly
Reactions: Rich4 and SWgeezer
A 22-250 seater will not work with a 22 Creedmoor. 22-250 has way too much body taper and is narrower in the body and base. A 22-250 seater with a sliding sleeve can be reamed with a 22 Creedmoor chamber reamer to make it work, however.

good to know, cheap is almost always the most costly in the end. Whidden all the way!
-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube

Hey guys I need some help and should have done this before putting my 22 Creedmoor barrel for sale in the classifieds. I was able to get access to some private land near the end of last spring and it was infested with rockchucks. On impulse I bought a stuteville chambered 22 creedmoor 1-7 26 inch barrel for my Impact action but by time it arrived the season was over.
While doing break-in I was shooting and cleaning while in the hills and thought I saw my bullets blow up so I was like WTH. So I called Berger and Bartlein about RPM and other details. Long story short I was told I needed to keep Berger full bores to about 300,000 RPM which limited how quick I could push them. I randomly came across some Hornady 88 grain bullets so I bought 1,000 and thought I'd go that route.
I then called Bartlein in regards to my bullets blowing up in my 22 CM and I was told that the 22 CM needs to be treated like a Ferrari and the max rounds between cleaning is about 30. That really dampened my spirits because shit when I'm out shooting rock chucks this next spring I don't want to be stressing so much about keeping a low round count. I don't care if I need to clean when I'm home from an outing but I don't want an epic day cut short because I hit 30 freaking rounds. I'm hoping someone comes on here and tells me I'm crazy and must have heard wrong. Help? Sorry for long story

What powder would y’all recommend for 52gr hammers and what starting point?

Any clue when the next batch of Alpha OCD will be ran? I know it's the million dollar question but just checking anyway...

Picked up 100

One more box checked.

Long wait is the barrel :(

I picked up 200 LRP earlier. Ordered my rifle Tuesday and whidden die set today. I have 500 75eldm’s waiting to be loaded with H4350 or superformance. The rifle should be done in a month. It’s a fierce carbon rival. It’ll be my second one. My other is in a 300 PRC. I’m excited to try this little combo out.

Hodgdons loading data center has some load data for 22 Creedmoor now. Don't know if it's new or if I just missed it previously. Some powders I expected to see are not listed but it's better than nothing.

Sorry to resurrect... This was one of the few accurate search results that Google delivered. Any direction on where to find a standardized 22 Creedmoor dummy round? I have a barrel manufacturer that needs 2 to throat a barrel to spec.

Sorry to resurrect... This was one of the few accurate search results that Google delivered. Any direction on where to find a standardized 22 Creedmoor dummy round? I have a barrel manufacturer that needs 2 to throat a barrel to spec.
There is a saami standard reamer with freebore adequate for most 80gr and lower weight bullets, including 85.5 gr bergers. If you want to run heavier than that more freebore is recommended. I believe the 95smk has the longest bearing surgace of them all. 90gr smk, 90gr atipa, 88gr eldm and 90 vlds descend from there. Dummy round coal and base to ogive totally depends on the bullet of your choosing.

Reactions: DameLeche
Looking for input on using Reloader 17 (have a few pounds when I used it for 65cm). Will be shooting 90 grain pills out of a 25" barrel, 1 in 7 twist.
Has anyone tried? How did it shoot?
What charge did you settle on?

Got shipping info. I pick my rifle up Thursday. I am super excited. Also I’m tired of the V6 taking up room in my safe. Hahahaha

22 Creed large pocket in stock at alpha right now!
Thanks for posting just got 500. Just need one of your priming tools :unsure:

Reactions: PFG
A 22-250 seater will not work with a 22 Creedmoor. 22-250 has way too much body taper and is narrower in the body and base. A 22-250 seater with a sliding sleeve can be reamed with a 22 Creedmoor chamber reamer to make it work, however.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube

@orkan can you expand on how/what I'd need to utilize my 6mm creed seater die (redding type s comp) to seat 22 creed? On the road so not able research quickly. Is it as simple as getting a .224 seating stem?

@orkan can you expand on how/what I'd need to utilize my 6mm creed seater die (redding type s comp) to seat 22 creed? On the road so not able research quickly. Is it as simple as getting a .224 seating stem?
I just bought the Redding micrometer seating stem part number 09184. It’s made for vld bullets but I’ve read it works great for all bullet types.