• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 creedmoor

Is a .218 barrel an issue with this cartridge?
Id skip it in favor of 219 in my opinion, I also prefer 237 vs 236 in the 6mm options. My 18" osprey 219 bore 7tw with 40gr H4350 is moving 75eldm at 3050 and very accurately with no load development other than seating depth test. 39gr H4350 is moving 85.5 bergers at 2970. Not quite as accurate but 3 of the seating depths are under moa. 10k and 35k off with the 75s were near 1 hole groups.

Id skip it in favor of 219 in my opinion, I also prefer 237 vs 236 in the 6mm options. My 18" osprey 219 bore 7tw with 40gr H4350 is moving 75eldm at 3050 and very accurately with no load development other than seating depth test. 39gr H4350 is moving 85.5 bergers at 2970. Not quite as accurate but 3 of the seating depths are under moa. 10k and 35k off with the 75s were near 1 hole groups.
I was not sure if I would hit pressure early with a tight bore, I imagine I would. It's just tough finding a barrel in my profile and twist range. Might just have to custom order.

Tikka T3x
PVA Osprey 3B 16.5”
88gr ELD-M
Alpha Brass
Federal 210M
40.0gr H4350
2.700” COAL
Velocity: 3050

88gr ELD-Ms were “splashy” on my Montana bull elk. Impact velocity was >2900. Bullet entered shoulder and completely shattered/separated the scapula from the rest of the leg bones. Led to a noticeable amount of meat loss. Heart/lungs destroyed. No exit. He didn’t even make it 20y after being shot.
52707A9A-EC75-4C6F-8718-A005378E7100.jpeg

Running 75eldm from an 18" 22cm. Loads sub moa at 400y with minimal load development. Running 3100fps. Shot two mulies yesterday . First was large body buck at 275y(2600fps impact), in the shoulder crease, did a 50y death sprint and piled up, massive lung trauma, deer bleed out profusely from the mouth before I got to him, no blood as I cut neck, it was all in the boiler room and on ground. Nickel entrance through a rib, exit was quarter size throug a rib. Next was another medium body buck, 475y(2250fps impact), strong crosswind, but my nephew who's never killed a deer, put the bullet at the neck shoulder junction, pencil entrance, quarter exit. That deer was lights out. I was impressed. I have quite a lot of the 77s as well, and may try some. This load is no pressure, and is only 40gr H4350 I feel another 150fps is on the table. I only have 65 rounds down the pipe so will likely gain more speed, however initial 20 rounds were 3050, now its at 3100.

Edit, put another 55 rounds down the pipe today, loads now running 3160 fps. Barrel has been heavily cleaned 2 times. Minimal copper/carbon fouling. I just feel. An 18" barrel picking up 110fps through break-in seems a bit much.

Last edited:
How are guys running 42, 43, 44 grains of H4350 with a 75 eldm? I'm shooting a 20" bartlein 7.7 twist with a .080 freeborn and a .257 neck. This puts the neck shoulder junction at the start of the bearing surface of the 75's and a .010 jump. I'm hitting pressure at around 39.5 H4350 in Peterson brass. What could be different?

How are guys running 42, 43, 44 grains of H4350 with a 75 eldm? I'm shooting a 20" bartlein 7.7 twist with a .080 freeborn and a .257 neck. This puts the neck shoulder junction at the start of the bearing surface of the 75's and a .010 jump. I'm hitting pressure at around 39.5 H4350 in Peterson brass. What could be different?
Well i have a similar chamber, running 40gr H4350 from an 18" barrel at 3150 fps and my primers are still round, alpha brass. Peterson has the least capacity of all choices, so guys running 43gr in necked down Horandy, well that makes a huge difference on pressure. Also depends on your action, running a rem700 vs a Bat or Borden makes a big difference. Getting bolt lift could be from many things. How do your primers look?

What velocity are you running?

What velocity are you running?
3265. Primers looks good, but getting ejector marks. I was using hornady 6 creed large rifle primer brass before and I think I was hitting pressure around 41.0. Are guys running 43-44 grains running super long freebores?

3265. Primers looks good, but getting ejector marks. I was using hornady 6 creed large rifle primer brass before and I think I was hitting pressure around 41.0. Are guys running 43-44 grains running super long freebores?
I’m not running that powder, I’m running 4831sc with 90gr Berger’s around 3225, boat tail junction above neck shoulder but running a bit into the lands so not excessive FB. Hornady brass is trash. Ur Alpha brass should be good, how much you bumping the shoulder?

My predator load is 36 grains of H4895 with 60 vmax in an 18" barrel right at 3700fps. Barrel won't last long but I don't shoot but 50 rounds a season so it really won't matter

I noticed h4350 pressured out pretty quickly in my last barrel, 22" with 77tmk around 3250, 42ish grains, I switched to a lil slower powder, N555 and had great accuracy at 3350 and 3450 in lapua brass. I only shot 77tmk in that barrel so I throated it from 075 to around 130. I also highly recommend a 219 bore vs 218 bore to reduce pressure. Also I've noticed alpha brass can/will have ejector marks first firing if there's a lot of case growth. A rough ejector plunger or overly excessive spring rate on the ejector also can cause this. If you cant depress your ejector with your thumb nail without excessive force, I recommend trimming a few coils off the spring. Are you getting flat primers? How much if any growth is occurring at the case head/web area? Ejector marks aren't always a sign of excessive pressure. Have to check elsewhere too. Alpha has thick necks, its 254 loaded diameter according to my micrometer, that doesn't play well with the traditional 257 neck chamber. Can you slip a bullet into the mouth of a fired case with minimal to no resistance? If not, neck turning may be necessary. My smith uses a reamer with a 259nk and 225 freebore diameter due to the quick rate of carbon accumulation of the overbore cartridge.

Last edited:
I’m not running that powder, I’m running 4831sc with 90gr Berger’s around 3225, boat tail junction above neck shoulder but running a bit into the lands so not excessive FB. Hornady brass is trash. Ur Alpha brass should be good, how much you bumping the shoulder?

Needing some assistance with selecting a bullet and powder. I have a 22" carbonsix 7.7 twist I bought for coyote hunting. I have 53vmax, 60vmax, 69smk, 75eldm, 77smk, and 85.5 bergers. I'd really like to stick with something that will run fast and flat if they won't blow up. Powders I have varget, 4350, and h1000. So far it's looking like 75eldm and h1000 would work pretty good from what I'm reading. I'd definitely like a full case with good speeds.

75’s and h4350 are your best bet. I haven’t ran anything else that comes even close. I’m a 25” barrel though.

Last edited:
Reactions: DynamicAccuracy
Needing some assistance with selecting a bullet and powder. I have a 22" carbonsix 7.7 twist I bought for coyote hunting. I have 53vmax, 60vmax, 69smk, 75eldm, 77smk, and 85.5 bergers. I'd really like to stick with something that will run fast and flat if they won't blow up. Powders I have varget, 4350, and h1000. So far it's looking like 75eldm and h1000 would work pretty good from what I'm reading. I'd definitely like a full case with good speeds.
Ive ran 77tmk above 3600 with rl26 in a 7.9tw, no blowups.

The 69smk with 39.0gn of Varget from your 22" bll should net you around 3525fps and it does bad things to critters. Its special brother, the 69gn Tipped Matchking is nastier, and an excellent choice for coyotes. The poly tip TMK tends to upset more violently than the SMK. The rib cage pic was after it had come through the near side shoulder as it entered the thoracic cavity. Jacket and core were found under the hide on the off side. This was appx a 110# Oklahoma whitetail that my son shot. Deer went about 30feet, most of which was sideways after he stood back up...his compass didn't really work right after the impact. Lol.

Attachments

• 20221120_094602.jpg
    20221120_094602.jpg
    539.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 20221120_103549.jpg
    20221120_103549.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 94
The 69smk with 39.0gn of Varget from your 22" bll should net you around 3525fps and it does bad things to critters. Its special brother, the 69gn Tipped Matchking is nastier, and an excellent choice for coyotes. The poly tip TMK tends to upset more violently than the SMK. The rib cage pic was after it had come through the near side shoulder as it entered the thoracic cavity. Jacket and core were found under the hide on the off side. This was appx a 110# Oklahoma whitetail that my son shot. Deer went about 30feet, most of which was sideways after he stood back up...his compass didn't really work right after the impact. Lol.
What’s you furthest coyote kill with the 69 smk?
How did it perform at distance?

What’s you furthest coyote kill with the 69 smk?
How did it perform at distance?
The tipped match king upsets very well, even at distance. Typically the SMK has a thicker jacket at the meplate and does not upset as violently...but..

I bought a needle finger drill set off of Amazon and used a bit to relieve just a little jacket material on the inside the hollowpoint of the SMK's that my son was running on his deer to expedite meplate upset at impact. It was a bit of an experiment to see what the expansion would be. Violent is an under statement. From this harvest experience, I have decided that for whitetails, I will next try an SMK without the meplate being drilled and see if the expansion is a little slower and if the bullet tends to carry a little more retained weight. While dead is dead, I would prefer not to waste the shoulder if possible and my son is not quite yet practiced enough to start making mostly head shots. I have also decided that for coyotes, I will have him running drilled meplates for the violent expansion. It should be a train wreck on a coyote. The TMK's on coyotes have been excellent out to around 400yds, I have not yet hit a coyote at distance with a drilled SMK. In a 556, an undrilled 69smk is best off when put on the shoulder blade to aid in upset at the lower speeds. I don't think that will be necessary at creed speed. Still a work in progress, but for the price of $15 off Amazon, the needle drill seems to have helped keep the typically tougher SMK from penciling through, and added another option to keep the guns running during our unprecedented components shortage. My first choice is the 69 Tipped Match King, but so far, with the drilled meplate, I am happy with the information that I have gathered on the good ole SMK.

Got the first 20rd down the barrel with a starting load. Theyre running 3320fps in a 22" barrel with suppressor

Saw your post on fb. Lol. Wonder what the velocity jump to rl26 would be? It's a longer barrel then I ordered, but I am a short barrel snob, ill sacrifice velocity, although with rl26 I might not be.

Results from my 22 creed build.

18" bartlein 1/8 .219 rem varmint. Chambered by straight jacket

75g ELD-M
alpha non ocd brass
cci 450
2.100 CBTO
42g H4350

ran 41-42.5g through the chrony and settled on 42g going 3287 (one of the first 20 rounds through the barrel) hoping it settles down around 3350-3400 once broke in.

immediately went and sighted in with my thermal (to get going on the early season) and it bugholed 2x 5 shot groups. Since then i have shot less than 10 rounds through the rifle and have 7 coyotes on the ground anywhere from 75yds to 340yds (1 was a runner i shot at 3 times). This setup HAMMERS for night hunting.

once i get 100 rounds or so on it i'll measure the lands, check for any signs of carbon ring, and see where my speeds are, if necessary i might lower the charge a touch to be a little easier on it
Whats the chamber option? I didnt see 22creed on their drop downs but I was looking at it a few days ago again hoping to see it

I called it in and sent them the blank, be advised this can still take a while

Got the first 20rd down the barrel with a starting load. Theyre running 3320fps in a 22" barrel with suppressor

Looks good, and plenty of room to move up. My 22" runs 3393fps with 42.2gn of h4350 pushing the Berger 80.5's in lapua sRP brass. I could easily lean on it some more to get over 3400fps, but this load is easy on brass and does everything I need it to, and a few more fps wouldn't gain anything worth the cost.

Reactions: DynamicAccuracy
Who makes Tikka prefits in 22 Creedmoor? Or is it easier to buy a stainless 22-250 with 1-8” twist and rechamber?
Patriot Valley Arms. Good barrels, too.

Reactions: fifdynutz
Looks good, and plenty of room to move up. My 22" runs 3393fps with 42.2gn of h4350 pushing the Berger 80.5's in lapua sRP brass. I could easily lean on it some more to get over 3400fps, but this load is easy on brass and does everything I need it to, and a few more fps wouldn't gain anything worth the cost.

That's how I feel. Im not gonna ruin good brass trying to run it super hard to gain what... .1 less elevation. Doesn't make enough difference to be worth it

Reactions: Huckleberry75
Will work just fine for 65/69 up to 85/88's. Too fast for light weights and a smidge slow for the 95's. Just depends upon your plans for the rifle.
7 twist is pretty fast if someone is pushing the lighter weight bullets at a decent speed.

Is that too fast for the heavies? Or too slow?
Im still trying to figure that out myself but I know he asked for 1:8, so I just wanted to point it out.

More than likely ill stay in the 75-ELM/77TMK and MAYBE stretch it out to 88ELD-M but im not sure id go that high in weight or not.

People having good luck with C6?

They have a half moa guarantee of I remember correctly
They do. However, I feel like its super easy to always say its the shooter. They will re-inspect the barrel but you have to send them your entire gun including scope etc, exactly how you had it set up. Sounds like they will test the entire system but that shipping costs would get up there quickly.

Usually when I'm trying to figure out what twist I need, I consult two things. Bergers stability calculator and the RPM formula. Got to make sure it's stable but doesn't spin faster than 300K. Altitude, temp, and bullet length counts for a lot in stability while it matters not in RPM. Bullet caliber, weight, and length also matter not. It's all twist rate and speed.

I'm shooting a C6 1:7.7" in 22 Creedmoor. At 6000ft ASL.

Stability

View attachment 8029347

RPMs

MV(12/twist rate)60= RPMs

3150 x (12÷7.7) x 60 = 294,525rpms.
I see your point on altitude… that same combo at SL gets me “marginal” stability.

For RPM formula…12 and 60 don’t need to be separated.

MV ÷ twist x 720 = RPM

I see your point on altitude… that same combo at SL gets me “marginal” stability.

For RPM formula…12 and 60 don’t need to be separated.

MV ÷ twist x 720 = RPM
I’m only at 800 ASL, that compared to 6000ASL as someone posted above is a massive difference. Not sure I’ve ever run those numbers that way before to notice

Another thumbs up for C6. I’ve had 3 C6 barrels now. They’re great and really let you customize. 2 22cm barres that were accurate and had good velocity.

I picked up a used 6.5CM Bergara B14 Ridge and had my gunsmith rebarrel to 22CM. Staying with the stats originally requested on this post::

Berger / 85.5 gr / Long Range Hybrid Target
H4350
39.2gr
CCI 450 magnum SRP
3137 avg Velocity (3142, 3136, 3134): SD=4, ES=8
Benchmark SS #5 / 1:8 / 22" / fluted / threaded / coated
69 rounds from 9/4/22 - 1/1/23
6mm Lapua brass necked down to .263, then .253 with Redding bushing dies
Advanced Armament CO 762-sdn-6 suppressor

VLD is wrong in the picture

Devastating on Coyotes
20220905_161950.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone have a 22creee PVA prefit?

Looking for info in regards to the neck diameter it’s reamed to. Wondering if I’m going to have any issues using alpha brass at approximately .252 loaded diameter.

Anyone have a 22creee PVA prefit?

Looking for info in regards to the neck diameter it’s reamed to. Wondering if I’m going to have any issues using alpha brass at approximately .252 loaded diameter.
Shouldn't be a problem for the barrel. I'm shooting an osprey with a loaded neck diameter of .255 using 90 grain SMK's

Reactions: Lawnboi
Brand new Wilson 1:8 twist 22"

39 grains of Varget and 69 TMK's did 3,530 FPS with Alpha SRP brass. No pressure signs yet but sometimes those show up more after a few loading cycles on the brass. Going to try this on a coyote or 2.

40.0 grains of H4350 gave me 3,250 fps with an 80 ELD-M. I didn't load any higher charges but I imagine I could push this to 42.0 grains and ~3,400 FPS.

What’s everyone using for a seating die for 85 plus grain projectiles.

I normally seat on an arbor press but don’t really want to deal with getting a wilson seater blank cut