• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.22 lr ammo???

22 LR for sale

Read the site rules before posting again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Northern Twin Cities, Gander Mtn, Mills Fleet Farm and Wal Mart all have zero 22 ammo every time I check. The clerks I spoke to said it sells out in minutes once they get some in.

I'm starting to believe it will all be "normal" sooner than later. Around Portland it is still pretty hard to find but I did stumble across some Remington Subsonic on the shelf of our local one stop shopping type of store, $4/box. They had 4 on the shelf, I am not in a panic so went on to do my grocery shopping and on my way back by the gun counter it was still there so I grabbed it for friends.

On a road trip to the Steel Challenge in NE WA this past weekend we found plenty of the bulk packs at Sportsman Warehouse in Kennewick but it wasn't cheap, I believe $30 so I passed on it. Across the street at Ranch and Home they had some, again, not being in a panic I left it for others. On our way home we stopped in again and they had some CCI hi velocity segmented stuff so grabbed a couple boxes to give it a try. We also came across primers, bullets, Varget, H4350, and a lot of other hard to find items.

Give it some time and things will be back on the shelf.

Sportsmans Warehouse had 500 round bricks of Remington Thunderbolt and 100 round boxes of CCI minimag. Limit was 3 boxes of 100 or 1 box of 500. Lucky me, I brought my SO.

As long as "we" keep on doing it to ourselves.... buying up all we can in a paranoid frenzy because of new anti-gun laws coming ( or whatever....civilian meltdown for the "preppers")..... these shortages will be the new-normal.

What makes this worse is the 2-3 box limit. I usually need to buy from out of state or far away. Why should I pay $12 shipping for 100 rds.....when I know it will cost me $15 shipping for 1000 rds? I will then try larger quantity purchase to get the price to be more reasonable. In that way I also contribute to "the problem".....

I don't see this getting better anytime soon.

Local Wal Mart had Federal 550 packs, Federal 375 packs, Winchester 1000 packs and Winchester 555 packs today. Actually a pretty big shipment. They were all in stock at lunch today and all gone by 7 pm - seems like a good sign that they are getting shipments that big.

championship shooters supply had Wolf ammo last time I checked. It took me 2 1/2 weeks to get it.

Still difficult to get... worse than it was in '08. Hoping that it will calm down soon. Even Walmart prices are at least 30% higher than last year.

Although I thought it would be much better by now I still don't think its the new norm. At some point even the preppers/hoarders will finally have "enough". However its anyone's guess when that will be. Maybe if one of these people speak up and tell us we could have an idea. I know damn well they are on here. So fellas, how much is "enough". Humor us. 10k rds? 20k? 50k? half a mi? 1 mil? 10 mil? Pathetic. Just sayin.

In Victor NY,( near Rochester). The local Dicks had bricks of Remington,and 350 packs of Federal ammo for $20 . This was as of Saturday 9-7.

I visit another forum off and on and the word folks are using there for those hoarding ammo is, (Scalpers). Yes, scalpers... These are pecker heads who created most the ammo shortages and are now trying to get out from under it because they've either maxed out their credit cards, or they see the availability of ammo coming in the Fall months. These Scalpers operate out of their home, business, gun shows, and have (and no doubt have) made a killing.

Go to armslist.com (if I may post this site) and it's full of the Scalping bastards.

You want ammo back on the "free" market, available from those outlets we've dealt with in the past? Don't buy ammo from the damn Scalpers! Right now I'd venture to say (from what I've learned over the grape vine - so to speak) the Scalpers are desperate to unload their inventory because the projected ammo (which is planned a year in advance - contingent on the previous year's sales) is do to be released this fall.

Now if all this is true, which I can not confirm,,, this means the Scalper's are shit out of luck, and will have to eat bullet stew under a bridge while living in a cardboard box. So,,, I hope the hell it is true and these parasite bastards get exactly what's coming to them... A one way ticket to the streets.

Let's hang in here guys and gals. This can't last forever.

one thing I wanted to run by you all that are still reading this is, has anyone noticed that the quality of the ammo that has been produced within the last 8 months or so from some of the major manufactures, not all, has been REALLY bad and erratic? With the normal flavors I buy off the shelves and unavailable for the most part I've had to buy some stuff that I normally wouldn't buy or haven't bought for a while. Particularly anything Remington that is not Elay. Now I know it wasn't the best stuff to begin with but i bought a couple of bricks of the thunder bolt and the golden bullet and holly cow that stuff sucked. Just the dirtiest nastiest stuff I've ever shot. I still have a full brick of the golden bullet unopened that I don't even want to put through any of my .22s. Hell I'd feel bad to even sell it to anyone knowing how crappy it is. Also the Winchester stuff hasn't been the best either. That stuff has always been dirty but I went through a couple bricks with a LOT of duds. At one point I was getting a dud almost every 12 to 15 rounds. Mini mags, if you can find them, have still been as good as ever and most of the Federal stuff seems the same accept for maybe the auto match stuff. Thoughts? Anyone else see this too or am i just getting bad luck?

I have not actually experienced any of this as yet. However,,, the ammo you name above as being dirty (Rem. GB's & Thunderbolt) have always been dirty ammo. The Winchester (from my own experience) has been hit and miss for a long time. They just can't seem to get it right anymore for some reason?