• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

223 Bolt Gun w/ 88 ELD-M Help

No issues, but limited use so far. Feeds with no issues out of an MDT polymer mag so far.

Reactions: jzerfoss
Everything is buttery with accurate mags. I can't single load a round though easily. It's mag fed only for time sake
I can single feed my deviant but it's a PITA to do in a match so I just do a mag change. So not a new issue for me.

I can single feed my deviant but it's a PITA to do in a match so I just do a mag change. So not a new issue for me.
It’s on my to do list to machine a filler/spacer for the accurate extension. I want to have 12 in the mag for Tac class. We might be able to get MK machining to print spacers for these?
C8BEBB95-7A74-421C-B67C-250FD9DB9116.jpeg

Pretty much the same. The chamber hole is so small that if you drop a round on the follower it doesn't line up with the lack of clearance. So I just mag change too. I wish there was an extension for those 12 round stages or a malfunction.

I found that I can get insane speeds with CFE223 but the accuracy is better with varget and a slower node. With CFE223 2800 is easy but don't expect one hole groups. I'll have mine right at 2780 and that is fine for a low recoil PRS rig for matches that are mostly 650 and in.

Just wanted to follow up on the mag. With a little effort the Accurate mag extension can be made to work.

Delrin filler in extension milled to 2/3rds depth of extension.
Holds 12 rounds with 1/2 round extra clearance & spring pressure is good.

@Tyler Kemp
We really need someone like MK machining to print 223 fillers for AICS mag extensions. I think they would be a very good seller.

IMG_7369.jpg

Just wanted to follow up on the mag. With a little effort the Accurate mag extension can be made to work.

Delrin filler in extension milled to 2/3rds depth of extension.
Holds 12 rounds with 1/2 round extra clearance & spring pressure is good.

@Tyler Kemp
We really need someone like MK machining to print 223 fillers for AICS mag extensions. I think they would be a very good seller.

View attachment 8011904
It's on my docket :)

My question to OP:

How far are you planning to shoot?. Crazy velocity is not often needed for accuracy. We shoot a 80g SMK or 80.5g Berger from a 20" barrel in SR at 600 yards using a sling in competition. Off a bag in testing it will hammer 10's and X's at 600 yards with 24.0g Varget at 2,600 FPS. With a sling its up to shooter! :)

Point is, I've actually slowed rounds down (such as my FTR rifle) and they were more accurate. Just have to test and find you high and low node. Personally, I always choose the low one.

So it's a bit all over the place. 400-800 primarily, but up to 1100 on occasion. Typically not huge wind around here, so going from 2800 with 6mm down to a 223 seemed like a doable option.

Reactions: jLorenzo