• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22lr bc value

beretta_man11

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2010
MS
I'm using Ballistic AE, along with their published BC and trueing the velocity at roughly 100yds. So far, the output has been very good inside 200. It's when I get past there, that the app and impacts are nowhere close to being the same. Is that potentially due to a large reduction in BC at longer ranges? How are you guys trueing at long ranges, BC adjustment or velocity, or both?

Bullets I'm using:
42gr eley benchrest outlaw / contact
40gr eley match
40gr eley target
40gr cci sv

Gun is a 20" tikka t1x that shoots very good groups with all the above ammo. This month's nrl22 match had an 8" @ 280yds bonus stage and the gun was plenty accurate enough for that.

I use Strelok Pro, but I always zero at 50, then true my velocity at 100 and my BC at 200. I will test that out to 400. If I am not happy with the results I will shoot a 10 shot group at 300, find the center point and use that to retrue the BC. That method has worked well with every ammo I have tried.

I use Strelok Pro, but I always zero at 50, then true my velocity at 100 and my BC at 200. I will test that out to 400. If I am not happy with the results I will shoot a 10 shot group at 300, find the center point and use that to retrue the BC. That method has worked well with every ammo I have tried.
very good info. Thank you.