• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22WMR suppressed? Which one?

Sid Post

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 13, 2006
Texas and Oklahoma, USA
I'm thinking about a Suppressed Weapon Systems, near Houston, CZ 457. What suppressed 22WMR's are recommended for predator elimination (not ammunition)?

I'm thinking an Integral for a lower profile is the better way to to. Tikka doesn't offer the T1X in 22WMR and I'm not interested in BMags or the Ruger base rifles for an integral.

What are my better options in something lower profile (i.e. no obvious cans on the end)? And yes, ballistic crack is expected!

Any Suppressed Weapon Systems owners here? How is disassembly for cleaning? Is the end cap threaded to hold a captive tube for the suppressor or is the tube itself threaded?

TIA,
Sid

Serious question, do you own a rimfire suppressor?

Not a fan of integrals, if the barrel is just mediocre or junk you are SOL, too much $$$ and time to risk it IMO. Orkan has in interesting write up on an integral. Twice I almost bought 10/22 integrals, and fortunately was talked out of it both times by 2 different class 3 dealers. Huntertown Arms is now out of business.

The CZ factory integral with that internal threaded teeth baffle system to "chew through carbon build up" looks like a disaster waiting to happen on disassembly. With some of the build up I've had on my CTA baffles and monocores, I cant fathom being able to clean that system easily and long term durability with their material selection is also questionable.

Why bother to suppress a 22WMR? AS you all ready stated you are going to get supersonic boom anyway so I'd either go with a . 22 centerfire with real performance and reload capability or down to .17 if worried about too much range

Yes, I own rimfire cans. This integral has an 'empty' tube so, moving it to a new barrel should be fairly easy.

I want to eliminate some of the 'boom' and can live with the 'crack'. I won't be shooting bricks of dirty ammo through it on a sunny afternoon so, cleaning and durability are not primary concerns. As stated here and above, being discrete and reducing boom is important. A high frequency 'crack' will dissipate pretty fast versus a 'boom' which will travel further and indicate direction better.

So, different courses for different horses! ;)

FWIW, I could run subsonic 300BLK from a suppressed SBR or subsonic 9mm from a suppressed MP-5 clone but, that is a pretty high profile in an area where I don't want a lot of attention. Last time I was out and about with a plain jane 16" AR-10, I had 4 different people track me down to talk about it - not the sort of experience I want again. A 'hunting' rifle won't draw nearly as much attention if sighted at a distance. ;)

Reactions: ZG47A