• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

243 help

Buy her a 6 creedmoor and don't tell her what it is. Put the 6 creedmoor ammo in an old 243 Win ammo box and hand both of them to her.

Don't waste your time explaining the fact that there's minute differences between the two and that she won't be able to tell from behind the rifle.

Women can't be reasoned with. They decide everything emotionally.

Reactions: Rob01
I killed 2 Mulies and 3 Antelope with factory Hornady SSTs. All 5 folded like lawn chairs. However the furthest was 303 yards so keep that in mind.

260 will be better than 243 for factory ammo offerings. Berger, hornady, and prime to name a few. Not as good as a creedmoor but better than 243

I like that 260. That's probably the one short action rifle I'd own.

260 will be better than 243 for factory ammo offerings. Berger, hornady, and prime to name a few. Not as good as a creedmoor but better than 243

How long before prime starts spinning up other ammo options?

I killed 2 Mulies and 3 Antelope with factory Hornady SSTs. All 5 folded like lawn chairs. However the furthest was 303 yards so keep that in mind.

What caliber was that?

Sounds like a butt beating no matter what you do.

Nut up and reload her 243 to show her how much you love her.

Reloading for 1 person is not to big a task unless she shoots comps all weekend. You can watch tv untill time comes to throw powder.

Or trade her and the 243 on the px. LOL

Maybe someone could loan you a 6cm for her to try? Maybe a 6.5 grendel?

Reactions: BigRed308
My wife shoots comps and won't let me even upgrade her trigger on her favorite guns.

If there is a womans shooting group around have her join it will open eyes.

My wife shoots comps and won't let me even upgrade her trigger on her favorite guns.

If there is a womans shooting group around have her join it will open eyes.
If only I could find one.

Just like a kid leaving the nest.
You end up being smarter all of a sudden.

Ballistic X isn't playing nice so I guess these will have to do...

HSMVLD.jpg

^^^HSM VLD's: called flyer high, oops o_O

Fed95.jpg

^^^Federal 95's: Nice little 3 shot cluster. 5 shot group ended up @ .66MOA per ballistic X

eldx.jpg

^^^Hornady ELD-X: Only 3 rounds, time ran out before I could finish the group.

Wish I could have at least put down more than one group of each or even 5 shots of each... it is what it is some times. All 3 show some promise in my barrel despite the steel cases being slung my direction from the AR in the next bay over. i still might go 6 creed for factory ammo with the better target bullets (105's and 108's). We'll see how the chrono data goes next time out and go from there though.