• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

.243 Win. to 1,400 yards

Re: .243 Win. to 1,400 yards

Any of you guys shooting the 115 gr DTAC's got a powder suggestion? I'm shooting a 243 Rem 700 with a 7.5 twist 24" Krieger MTU contour w/brake in an AICS Stock. I tried some DTAC's(I still have about 400 naked ones) with H4350 and blew a primer at 38.0 grs (around 2800 fps). They shot great! Best group I got 5 shots 1.435" @ 400yds. But after the blown primer I'm sorta scared of the Powder.. it's my first expericence with H4350, not good. Currently I'm shooting the 105 Alpha Max over 38.0 of 4007SSC. Getting good results at 2920 fps average.

I like the DTAC's but I'm not a wildcatter and there just isn't enough load data available to make me feel warm and fuzzy... any suggestions?

I have a 1-9 and shoot 105 vlds @ 3080 with 47.2c retumbo laupa brass. Works great. 1200 yard shoots not problem. When i need a new barrel i will get a 1-8 cause when it get cold out it will some times key hole at 1200 yards.

Now you just need some deer licks & corn in the valley.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Playerz1337</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now you just need some deer licks & corn in the valley.
smile.gif
</div></div>

I wish! The county is 1 of 4 in WV that are closed to firearm deer seasons...bow only. It's a shame because there are some monster bucks in the area. Shoot, one day I was writing in my data book before shooting, and a doe walked along the road below me in pic 4. She wasn't bothered by the Teryx or me setting up.

Hi Brandon 05_88, newbie here having a Bell and Carlson A5 stock rifle made and I was thinking about adding a monopod too it. How did you attach it to your rifle and what was the monopod you used if you mind me asking.

Nightwing, I gorilla glued it on! Lol Naa, I drilled and tapped into the aluminum 'skeleton' that run underneath the shell in that flat area of the buttstock. I found it by removing the rear sling stud and seen the stud was threaded into aluminum.

I used this monopod.
http://www.accu-shot.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=84

I used this rail to attach the monopod to the stock.
http://www.accu-shot.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=64

I used a hand drill and hand tap to make the hole nearest to the pistol grip. I just used the sling stud for the rear. It was as simple as remove stud, place rail, replace stud, mark location for new hole. I drilled it very small then opened up to recommended size to tap. Run the tap down very slow and smooth while cleaning every so often. I picked up a button head machine screw with the same pitch as the sling stud at a local Fastenal. Snug stud and bolt for rail to stock then attach monopod.

In hindsight, take the cheekpiece off, use a 2x4 on its side or something in the cheekpiece recess, and use a drill press. It will make it so much easier/cleaner. Throw it in a vise while you thread the hole.
Another thing, If you wish to use a sling on the stud after installing the rail, you will have to sand down some washers to fit into the rail recess. The sling stud hole will be about flush with the surface of the rail if you don't. I placed the monopod in the furthest slot to the rear, and it covered the flush cup hole. It also allowed the monopod to fold up without the pistol grip interferring with folding when the monopod was in the shortest position.

I think I still have the rail. I took files to make the rail match the contour of the stock. PM me and I'll throw it out your way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Denial</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bout to build a .243 AI. Was wondering what length,weight,twist, and brand you guys recommend. Wanting to shoot some 105's </div></div>

I've got an 8 twist Brux AI in a 26" Varmint contour on the way.
I'm hoping it'll shoot the 105 A-Max.</div></div>

I run the 105 A-Max out of a 1 in 8. Groups real well.