• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

251 - Cerakoted Actions

leftyk82

Son of a Son of a Sailor
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2014
Eagleville, TN
Like Frank, I also have an early American Rifle Company Mausingfield that was cerakoted. They were made available in the raw, and I'd wager that most end users chose cerakote or a later application of DLC. My action came from the same shop as Frank's, just a few months after actually, judging by the timestamp of the Five Shot Friday video of June 2015.

Somewhere I remember reading or hearing it said that the cerakote color also plays a role in the thickness of coating. My action was cerakoted inside and out in Patriot Brown. Frank's appears to be a FDE, so it likely took more for that color, thereby increasing the likelihood of tightness or stickiness of running the action. Hope it loosens up for you, running that case of ammo.

Now, the ARC actions are delivered with a nitride finish and don't require a coating. For anyone wanting to cerakote their action, keep color choice in mind.