• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos 260 Remington (Patriot Arms / APA)

etrahan

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2011
5 Shot Group at 300 yds
Overall spread of 6/10th of an inch (0.336” center to center)
Corbon 139 Grain Scenar Bullets

Re: 260 Remington (Patriot Arms / APA)

Thanks everyone!!!
My name is Eddie and I’m new here. I can’t believe I am just now finding out about this web site. There are some very good post and I look forward to reading future ones and seeing new pictures.
My .260 Remington was built by Jered Joplin at American Precision Arms. It has taken quite a while to really learn how to shoot it, but it is coming together really well now.
Thanks again everyone and special thanks to Jered for building such a fine rifle. It has definitely exceeded my expectations!!!

Eddie, I am also interested to know the conditions in which it was shot as in off the bench in a rest/vice; rear bag - bipod in the prone or anything else you can expound upon. I see groups like this and I always wonder how it was fired. I see rifle targets from custom builders that are .13 and wonder how it wad fired so I am inquisitive that way.

The group was shot off of a bench, utilizing front and rear bags. I have also shot plenty of .5" groups at 300 yds off of the bench with front and rear bags, and also a with a bipod and rear bag. The rounds used were from Custom made from Corbon using a 139 gr Scenar bullet. This is the most accurate rifle I own by far, LOL, well of course it is because it's the ONLY rifle I own. I will provide pictures of the rifle tomorrow.

i think we need a pic of the rifle

Very nice group, cant wait to see the rifle.
grin.gif