• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

270 Bullets

Jig Stick

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
I am having a hell of a time finding some 130g bullets for my 270win. Specifically the Hornady Interbond and Berger VLD. If anybody knows a source I would really appreciate it. I only need a box or two to hunt with this season.

Pretty sure my local shop has them both, I'll be by there today and double check. If you're having a hard go to find them out there, I can get them and ship to you on your dime if needed.

Thanks for bring to my awareness of the Berger shortage. I have been thinking I should actually do load development this year, but, No.... I can't replace components. Deer will just have to die with adequate loads again!

I have shot 7 mule deer with Nos Bal Tip 270 130 gr between 400 and 500 yards, and 2 mule deer between 300 and 400 yards.

This was with a wimpy load of 50 gr 4895 in 22" barrel 2875 fps muzzle velocity.

They make a small hole going in one lung and a big hole coming out the other lung.
The lungs are turned to liquid.
The deer either bang flop, or bang, stagger, stagger, flop.

I have not found anything more accurate than Nos Bal Tips.
I have had serious problems with VLD hunting bullets. The are great on targets, but can fail on game.
Hornady SST is a good substitute for Nos Bal Tips.

The Berger VLD hunting bullets performed well for me last year, but they are very sensitive to seating depth. Thats why I was wanting to try the Hornady Interbond. I have heard that the jacket on the Hornady SST often separates if it hits any bone whatsoever. What kind of accuracy are you getting the with Nosler Ballistic Tips?

Assault116, I may take you up on that offer if you can find some 130g Hornady Interbonds

Checked and they had both on the shelf, the interbonds have been there a LONG while as they are in the old school Hornady box.

Cant help you there, but if you want some Nolser Deer and Elk medicine, Shooter Pro Shop has what you need

Bullets (BLEM) - Factory Blemished (2nds) - Nosler Products

Nosler blems are not your typical Hornady blems, they are all to spec, just may be a little discolored or sometimes they are just overruns.

Keep an eye out, as inventory changes daily to weekly.

Thanks for this link. I shoot a lot of Nosler bullets and wasn't aware they offered seconds. Just stocked up on some 22 and 6.8s.