• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 2800+ down the tube and still ticking

XTR

F-TR junkie
Minuteman
  • Sep 4, 2010
    Lebanon, NH
    www.onlinehumidor.com
    The middle group was first, done off of a cold bore. The last two I was in a hurry, but still not too shabby.

Off of a Harris pod at 100 yds this afternoon.

Re: 2800+ down the tube and still ticking

Very nice.
    Request for next trip, fire first shot out of the CCB into the grey circle as a sighter, then stack 5 shots on top of each other into the same hole then scan that group and measure it. I'll bet it shoots < .2
    What are the rifle specs?

beautiful! and yes, rifle specs please!

Great shooting,XTR
    but next time try playing with not 1,but 2 cold bore shots before settling on the 5 shot group.i"ve noticed that it can vary from barrel to barrel.
    On my small calibers i normally shoot 2 cold bore shots before shooting a string of 5.

Nice, which program are you using? I use Shot Calc on my IPod Touch, you program might be nice on my laptop.

If you search under my handle there are some pictures of the rifle in here. It is a Chris Mathews, Longshot Rifles built R700 with a 24" Rock Creek #7, which really isn't that different from a truck axle.

Since I put the rifle pics up I've added a Nightforce 32BR and a Jewel trigger.

This has been my F-TR rig this yr. I rarely ever shoot it except at 1000 yds. I had some rounds left over from a match last month and I was at the range working on hunting loads for my other 308 (groups are not as good
    frown.gif
    ) so I shot some at 100. I actually went and pulled the target after 5 shots and then thought screw it, I don't have enough bullets there to even practice at 1000 so I burned off another couple of groups. I dialed up 2 clicks after the first group (1/4 moa), the last two really were fast groups. I was really more interested in getting 10 chrono results for my 185 load than anything else. I switched to this bullet with very little workup so I really didn't have much data.

I use <span style="font-weight: bold">On Target</span> to do the groups for the graphics.

In case you're interested the load is

185 Berger BT
    Winchester brass
    CCI #200
    44.0 gn Varget
    Seated .020 from the lands, and seated very long, over 2.9, no way it fits in a mag.
    Avg. MV 2580fps