• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up 29 palms / joshua tree / palm springs

what days would you want to shoot camp

• march 23-24 w/ sun being the primary day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shoot Saturday, who cares beyond that

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
24th is SDPRC match day that I run so I could do Friday Saturday but probably not Saturday/Sunday

if Friday is primarily your travel day and you are shooting Saturday, i can swing that as well, im about 35-45 min from the location so while i do work that day i could still make it there Friday afternoon/evening or before sunrise sat morning. what ever gets the most people out shooting is where my vote is though as i can support either.... going to start a poll

Thats all I'm getting at. What day do y'all want to shoot. If you camp you camp if not whatever. What day to shoot. Saturday is best for me to shoot but i can shoot Sunday as well. We can figure out the camping or not camping second. When do we want to shoot

Let's have Saturday be the main shooting day. If people want to camp out on Friday then shoot Saturday cool. If people want to come out and shoot on Saturday and camp out Saturday night and go home on Sunday that is cool too.

Like, me and @hic28 can camp out and spoon on Friday LOL

Reactions: dspjaggar
Let's have Saturday be the main shooting day. If people want to camp out on Friday then shoot Saturday cool. If people want to come out and shoot on Saturday and camp out Saturday night and go home on Sunday that is cool too.

Like, me and @hic28 can camp out and spoon on Friday LOL

My thoughts exactly

Reactions: clcustom1911
23rd seems right. The camping or not camping on what day is up to individuals.

*** March 23rd***

Will confirm proposed Target locations that i haven't used are visible in the prone from the shooting lines. Doing that this Monday

trrying to organize who will be able to support bringing what heres the posts i saw that had stuff in them plus my initial post

I'm gonna pick up these for my T-Posts. I have 2 8-10" steel round plates and a 1/2 size IPSC silhouette.

I might be down in March/April to camp, I’ve got plenty of steel. Need to get some good dope past a mile for a new 6.5prc. I’ll spread the word to the guys in our club for a camping trip if that’s all good

so im tracking
dsp jaggar "self": 1X full size 18"X30" IPSC silhouette , and 1X / 10", 8", 6", 4", 3" round targets

clcustom 1911: 1X 1/2 size ipsc silhouette 12"x20" and ??? 2X 8" and 2 10" ???? or ??? 1x 8" and 1x 10" ???? can you clarify on what you are planning to bring?

hic28: "plenty of steel" lol can you clarify please

just looking to organize what were going to have so we can spend the most time shootings instead of debating what to put where.
i may be able to get another 1/2 size ipsc got to make a drive to get it though.

clcustom 1911: 1X 1/2 size ipsc silhouette 12"x20" and ??? 2X 8" and 2 10" ???? or ??? 1x 8" and 1x 10" ???? can you clarify on what you are planning to bring

I'm bringing 2 round targets which are 8 or 10" (can't remember) 1 half sized IPSC. 3 T Posts with T post holders for listed steel.

3 AR 500 steel targets in total.

so went and did some scouting today and a mile if definitely doable pics to follow. i couldnt get a read on the LRF but gps points and some google earth work tells me i was closer to 2k so had to adjust some. we may have to get off the ground at the far shooting line " truck bed or van " or may have to clear a little brush.

does anyone have a LRF that can get past a mile i have a conx 1 mile and ...... yeah...

1k viewshed.JPG
overview.JPG
shooting pos 1 500-1056.JPG
shooting pos 2 1k-1514.JPG
shooting pos 3 1269-1765.JPG

there is 3 fire rings IVO target 1 so camping will be easy if wanted

1k view
1k prone_LI.jpg

500 yard shooting pos / view from 500
500.JPG
500prone_LI.jpg

unk distance 1400-2k ish
range overview_LI.jpg

Attachments

• 1k prone.JPG
    1k prone.JPG
    431.9 KB · Views: 56
Man I haven’t been getting notifications on this thread. I’m working on getting a lrf. I also have a couple gongs on an A frame. I might be able to borrow some steel from my buddy.

I may be able to snag another 50% ipsc and I may just buy another 100% ipsc, we shall see. Went back the other weekend to check out new Target positions and someone took my one of my t posts and broke another one. I slammed some new ones will definitely bring some extras in case i get jacked again

Reactions: kriller134
I may be able to snag another 50% ipsc and I may just buy another 100% ipsc, we shall see. Went back the other weekend to check out new Target positions and someone took my one of my t posts and broke another one. I slammed some new ones will definitely bring some extras in case i get jacked again

If I were you, I would wait till we get out there to pound posts. I hate thieves and vandals. No respect.
giphy.gif

Been tracking this for a bit, and I hope it goes down.. I'm out of SD and will be back from deployment a week or two after.. would possibly be interested in making the trip if there's a next time

If I were you, I would wait till we get out there to pound posts. I hate thieves and vandals. No respect.View attachment 7032809

i shoot here regularly enough that i like to just leave them. i guess i can consider it a range fee. less than $20 im ok with that. first time ive had any taken, usually they are deep enough that no one wants to even try. i think it was probably hippies cleaning the great outdoors, bc there is 3 fire rings in the immediate vicinity of the location, but now i know to always bring a spare. would hate to make the drive and have no target stand haha

Been tracking this for a bit, and I hope it goes down.. I'm out of SD and will be back from deployment a week or two after.. would possibly be interested in making the trip if there's a next time

worst case no one from here shows and its just me and a buddy. i make it out once, sometimes twice a month to this location or significantly closer to 29 for anything 500 and in.

worst case no one from here shows and its just me and a buddy. i make it out once, sometimes twice a month to this location or significantly closer to 29 for anything 500 and in.

I definitely going. When it comes to desert shooting, I don't play. Getting away from society for a day or two every couple months keeps me sane.

Are we planning on just 1k and up or anything closer

I sure am LOL. I need to true up my new 147 ELDm load in my kestrel and whatnot. So, need to confirm as perfect a zero as I can at 100, confirm velocity, then walk it out to 700, then 1000.

Also I just got me a little Benro carbon fiber tripod so I'm gonna try shooting from it with my AR and shit. It says it can only support 8.8 pounds..... So, we shall see.
Screenshot_20190226-093048.png

Reactions: kriller134
I need to work up a load too. Hopefully I’ll have a LRF by that weekend.

Are we planning on just 1k and up or anything closer

the way it is out there, at the first location "500 yards" we set up a 100 yard zero range with paper targets, after you get a zero you should be able to transition to 500 and 866 and 1056 from the same location just different targets. if you want closer we can walk in closer or maybe slam some smaller targets on posts in between locations to accomidate

I need to work up a load too. Hopefully I’ll have a LRF by that weekend.

which one you looking at i have th conx 1 mile and have confimed out to 1k but if anyone wants past that we may need something better to get it a read. i might get out this weekend so i will try to confirm the 1 mile again if so

which one you looking at i have th conx 1 mile and have confimed out to 1k but if anyone wants past that we may need something better to get it a read. i might get out this weekend so i will try to confirm the 1 mile again if so
I’m looking at the sig 2400bdx. Do you set up wind flags or anything at distance?

nice i was looking at those but got a good deal on this one and 98% of the time the conx is more than enough. i dont have any flags personally or even a kestrel or the like.

dialoge is usually like this

boom...
you see anything??
no
me either
fuck it shoot again,
boom..
i think you were X moa left/right, X
ok yea that was you...
etc..
haha

Reactions: clcustom1911
nice i was looking at those but got a good deal on this one and 98% of the time the conx is more than enough. i dont have any flags personally or even a kestrel or the like.

dialoge is usually like this

boom...
you see anything??
no
me either
fuck it shoot again,
boom..
i think you were X moa left/right, X
ok yea that was you...
etc..
haha

Yes!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that!!

Got my desert sidearm setup put together for my Glock 45 (9mm) LoL. Safariland 6004 SLS in STX matte and leg shroud. Total $35!!! THANKS EBAY!!

BTW dry graphite lube for the win to help break in the suede liner....
15512444841888459137427588280164.jpg