• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up 29 palms / joshua tree / palm springs

what days would you want to shoot camp

• march 23-24 w/ sun being the primary day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shoot Saturday, who cares beyond that

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MREs make your body as effictive as good ole rocket man, who wouldnt want that.

the more steel the better. ive been wanting to set up multiple targets at different distances and actually set up a PRS type stage, but havent built the target stands to support yet. been taking a financial break from building my range lately. just got a batch of 250 rounds in and want to get out again.
Come down to the San Diego Precision Rifle Club monthly match in at Pala. It's off the 15 south of Temecula and . Last Sunday of each month we have upwards of 50 shooters each month. Steel out to 900 with plenty of targets. We'd love to have you all out! Members of the club compete within the NRL, PRS and Rifleman's Team Challenge

Ryan

Come down to the San Diego Precision Rifle Club monthly match in at Pala. It's off the 15 south of Temecula and . Last Sunday of each month we have upwards of 50 shooters each month. Steel out to 900 with plenty of targets. We'd love to have you all out! Members of the club compete within the NRL, PRS and Rifleman's Team Challenge

Ryan

Bro, I beat you by like 2 pages lol. I’m still trying to figure out how to get out camping. I shouldn’t have sold my truck

You coming out to the desert?

I'd like to.

Can I make it to the locale with 7.5 inches of ground clearance and a few rifles?

For now I just have a .308 and a few K31's.

img_0588_zpspvjyck9k-jpg.7038899

I'd like to.

Can I make it to the locale with 7.5 inches of ground clearance and a few rifles?

"A few" K31's?? Wow. I miss mine. Based on what has been said in this thread so far, to get to the shooting site, I don't think it will take much off-roading.

Reactions: Davo308

Ryan
I'd love to go as it's 20 minutes from my house. But I don't shoot on Sundays.

I'd love to get detailed directions how to get to this site. I'd also love to arrange another get together. I can't make this first one.

I'd like to.

pretty much any veh thats not lowered is probably ok. worst case we can park cars IVO of the turnoff and bring stuff in trucks

even a stock truck ot mid sized suv crossovers should be fine

what type of vehicle?

Reactions: Davo308
main

main road for driving. some parts further out have a little soft sand but its not very deep.
View attachment 7028014

foreground is the main road, background has secondary road that con only be used by trucks/suvs, 4x4 recommended for secondary lane
View attachment 7028012

the only real problem is that to turn around without a 4x4 you have to go ~ half a mile past the last shooting point. kinda a pita but manageable

pretty much any veh thats not lowered is probably ok. worst case we can park cars IVO of the turnoff and bring stuff in trucks

even a stock truck ot mid sized suv crossovers should be fine

what type of vehicle?

Nissan Rogue.

What day is everyone planning on getting out there? It’s a 2.5 hour drive for me from OC. I’ll probably be out there around 9 Saturday morning.

What day is everyone planning on getting out there? It’s a 2.5 hour drive for me from OC. I’ll probably be out there around 9 Saturday morning.

If someone else wants to come out and play, I can ABSOLUTELY be out there Friday in the afternoon. I would love nothing else than to be out there from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon.

If someone else wants to come out and play, I can ABSOLUTELY be out there Friday in the afternoon. I would love nothing else than to be out there from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon.
Man I wish I could, but I have work. Idk if I’ve asked this or not but are we gonna have short range targets? I need to test out my ar pistol and hopefully do some pistol shooting too.

Man I wish I could, but I have work. Idk if I’ve asked this or not but are we gonna have short range targets? I need to test out my ar pistol and hopefully do some pistol shooting too.

I'm bringing a short range target stand. This exact one. Yes, pistol to AR transitions, etc.

Gotta keep the razor's edge sharp.

Attachments

• 3in1__94856.1533148613.jpg
    3in1__94856.1533148613.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 85
Looks like a good spot. I used to get out to +/-900 yds at a spot off of Dillon and Deception Rd, until it was closed down a couple years ago. Still trying to get my new setup together, so won’t be able to make it out this time around, but have a few steel targets and 4x4 to hopefully make it out the next time.

Looks like a good spot. I used to get out to +/-900 yds at a spot off of Dillon and Deception Rd, until it was closed down a couple years ago. Still trying to get my new setup together, so won’t be able to make it out this time around, but have a few steel targets and 4x4 to hopefully make it out the next time.

You can shoot my rifles! LOL. I'll just bring more ammo! I got a mess of Prime 6.5 Creed, Hornady, handloads, etc.

ill probably be out there Friday afternoon when i get off work could be super early or like 5 or 6 but i will probably stay out all weekend now that family will be out of town. between us, im sure we can have most stuff setup and ready to go by the time people actually show up. maybe even some shooting......

You can shoot my rifles! LOL. I'll just bring more ammo! I got a mess of Prime 6.5 Creed, Hornady, handloads, etc.

heck ill shoot em if he passes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thank you sir. She's sexy.

What other rifle/optic combo are you putting together?

so hawt...

i was trying to get my second rifle set up but the scope i ordered was on back order via expertvoice and im not paying full price

nothing fancy

getting a cheap vortex diamondback for my old r700 .308

should be enough to train with at closer distances.

ill probably be out there Friday afternoon when i get off work could be super early or like 5 or 6 but i will probably stay out all weekend now that family will be out of town. between us, im sure we can have most stuff setup and ready to go by the time people actually show up. maybe even some shooting......

heck ill shoot em if he passes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

HELLS TO THE YEAHHHH!!!

I, my good Sir, will be out there probably in the early afternoon. I'll leave my place at 10-ish and be there around 1-ish. Heavily on the -ish.

If you have room for one more I’d be coming down from Fort Irwin/Barstow area. I’ve got a 45% IPSC on a t post we can place as close as people need, as well as another 45% that hangs off chains.

My AI is up at a friends place that had a side project with it, so I’ll be blasting away with my 556 gasser.

I can link up whenever everyone else is on the 22-24 range.

Reactions: kriller134
If you have room for one more I’d be coming down from Fort Irwin/Barstow area. I’ve got a 45% IPSC on a t post we can place as close as people need, as well as another 45% that hangs off chains.

My AI is up at a friends place that had a side project with it, so I’ll be blasting away with my 556 gasser.

fuck yeah come on out

fuck yeah come on out

UH YEAHH!!! There’s ALWAYS more room for more shooters! Come on down! I’ll catching you on the 22nd!

‘Murica

It’ll be a party. What time are you thinking on the 22nd? I’m about two hours away and am pretty flexible.

I’ll also be bringing the dog, but she just will hang out in the truck when we are going hot (still working on getting her to wear ear pro).

I’ll have to zero some stuff real quick since I’m swapping around some optics to come play.

It’ll be a party. What time are you thinking on the 22nd? I’m about two hours away and am pretty flexible.

I’ll also be bringing the dog, but she just will hang out in the truck when we are going hot (still working on getting her to wear ear pro).

I’ll have to zero some stuff real quick since I’m swapping around some optics to come play.

Probly gonna be out there 2-ish..... Heavily on the -ish.....

I'm all in. Just got my possum hollow bore guides in the mail so I can get a good clean and rezero on Thursday!

IN! Ammo loaded, rifle semi-clean, whiskey (rye and bourbon) taste tested.

Getting some of these here fancy things too. I'm over the bulky plastic MTM type ammo thingies LoL

Last edited:
I’m ready to bang some steel.

For my 6.5CR I loaded up 100 of my 147 ELDm's with my H4350 (2700 fps) and R17 (2680) loads on top of the 60 or so factory Hornady 147 ELDm's I have left... and a mess of Prime 130g.

If anyone wants to shoot a handful of Prime 130g, I'm more than happy to hand it out. I just need that brass for reloading in return.

Reactions: kriller134
For my 6.5CR I loaded up 100 of my 147 ELDm's with my H4350 (2700 fps) and R17 (2680) loads on top of the 60 or so factory Hornady 147 ELDm's I have left... and a mess of Prime 130g.

If anyone wants to shoot a handful of Prime 130g, I'm more than happy to hand it out. I just need that brass for reloading in return.
I’d like to try some prime!