• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2A Call to Action - Alabama

Tucker301

Groundskeeper
Banned !
Feb 13, 2015
Southern VA
https://bearingarms.com/jenn-j/2017/02/24/alabama-lawmaker-were-not-against-gun-rights-but/

The changes the proposed act would make to current gun laws are:
  • Mandatory gun registration- owner has registration card that lists all weapons
  • No transfers unless done through a registration office
  • New purchases must be picked up at registration office
  • Mandatory gun safes; only registered owner will have combination
  • Mandatory gun safety classes
  • Open carry and concealed carry policies abolished
  • Waiting period for gun purchase extended to three months to allow all paperwork to pass
  • People under 21 prohibited from owning guns
  • Extensive mental evaluation
  • Mandatory liability insurance for firearms
  • Required reporting of stolen firearms within four hours of discovery
  • Ammo purchases made only for the caliber gun specified on registration

Link to contact state legislators
    http://www.legislature.state.al.us/aliswww/default.aspx

I hear Gunfighter beginning to froth at the mouth.....

[IMG2=JSON]{"alt":"animated-tasmanian-devil-image-0015","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/www.animatedimages.org\/data\/media\/1592\/animated-tasmanian-devil-image-0015.gif"}[/IMG2]

A few years ago I would have said that proposals like this are so ridiculous that there's zero chance of them going anywhere but in the trash, but I now I think legislators listen to squeaky wheels way too much, and if they don't hear enough opposition they pass the crap.

Not a chance in hell, in this state. In-fact a carry law w/o permit is going up for a vote. The libtrads in South Central LA (lower Alabama) try this shit all the time. Every time they get shot down what do they do, double down again. Logic is lost on libtards, always has been always will be. It's only when they run out of OPM (other peoples money) do they move on. But you never know, we may have to pass it to find out whats in it.

Every year some feral GA legislators introduce an 'assault weapons' ban here. It's good for a press conference and some kvetching in the AJC. It's not going anywhere, at least not until the populations of GA and AL are sufficiently diluted with carpetbaggers and third world trash. And that's when things get sporty.

https://bearingarms.com/jenn-j/2017/02/24/alabama-lawmaker-were-not-against-gun-rights-but/

• Mandatory gun registration- owner has registration card that lists all weapons
  • Waiting period for gun purchase extended to three months to allow all paperwork to pass

[/QUOTE

Almost as bad as NY gun laws !

There is a flaw in both state and federal legislatures in my opinion. If a measure fails, it should be banned from reintroduction for a number of years, but there is no such rule, so they just keep trying.
It's like a fucking kid asking for candy in the checkout line. A good stern "NO, and don't ask again!" would be in order.

Reactions: diverdon
I can't agree with that. It took a couple tries to get hunting with suppressors passed here. Campus Carry is back up for another try after our POS governor veto'ed it last year.

What is this a joke? AL is redneck to the core. I heard they were going to ban reading and squelch the ban on cousins marrying.

[/QUOTE

Almost as bad as NY gun laws !

As a NYer I'll be the first to say our gun laws suck the big one, and have gotten much worse under the criminal Cumo, but this sounds worse than what we have. I have liability insurance but it is not mandated. The gun safety class is only for the pistol permit. Gun safe is not required, of course they are a good idea. I pick up my new purchases at the gun store, and except for hand guns there is no more paperwork than their is in Texas. I certianly do not need an "Extensive mental evaluation" whatever that is.

Indeed this sounds like if it were law it would be the most restrictive law I have ever heard of.

As a NYer I'll be the first to say our gun laws suck the big one, and have gotten much worse under the criminal Cumo, but this sounds worse than what we have. I have liability insurance but it is not mandated. The gun safety class is only for the pistol permit. Gun safe is not required, of course they are a good idea. I pick up my new purchases at the gun store, and except for hand guns there is no more paperwork than their is in Texas. I certianly do not need an "Extensive mental evaluation" whatever that is.

Indeed this sounds like if it were law it would be the most restrictive law I have ever heard of.

I should have said NYC gun laws.

Reactions: diverdon
I wish they would pass it just like what's written. Let them get a big mouth full. It'd be an eye opener for Jr. tyrants throughout the country.

Not a chance in hell, in this state. In-fact a carry law w/o permit is going up for a vote. The libtrads in South Central LA (lower Alabama) try this shit all the time. Every time they get shot down what do they do, double down again. Logic is lost on libtards, always has been always will be. It's only when they run out of OPM (other peoples money) do they move on. But you never know, we may have to pass it to find out whats in it.

As a fellow Alabamian, I agree completely. In fact, I haven't even heard of such a measure (it hasn't made a blip on anyone's radar down here). I'd almost be tempted to pull the "fake news" card, but like GF said, there's always a couple of nut job legislators that like to put forth bills that are so obnoxious they have no chance of passing but they garner themselves a lot of media and attention (I'm sure GF is familiar with Alvin Holmes). Anyway, if there were any serious kind of threat like this afoot, there would be huge protests and demonstrations at the Capitol, just as we had a couple years ago over the federal gun control laws being proposed. And, as GF said, if anything, AL has become even MORE gun-friendly than we already were as of late.

There is a flaw in both state and federal legislatures in my opinion. If a measure fails, it should be banned from reintroduction for a number of years, but there is no such rule, so they just keep trying.
It's like a fucking kid asking for candy in the checkout line. A good stern "NO, and don't ask again!" would be in order.

That is no fucking shit right there. Same a child they just wear them down until they give in just to shut them up. Happens A LOT around here.

Every year some feral GA legislators introduce an 'assault weapons' ban here. It's good for a press conference and some kvetching in the AJC. It's not going anywhere, at least not until the populations of GA and AL are sufficiently diluted with carpetbaggers and third world trash. And that's when things get sporty.

I'm originally from Georgia (Cartersville/Rome area). I remember them trying to pull that shit multiple times - it went no where of course, but you do get a good overview of where the enemies of freedom are. Same thing in Alabama. Gunfighter, Mike and yourself said it best.

^ I used to hunt around Taylorsville and Euharlee. When the Governor shows up at your dove hunt, you're in a pretty safe State as far as gun laws go. If we don't do something about the trash that's pouring into the State, that'll eventually change.

Reactions: AIAW
I'll be making my phone calls on Monday, since I know the odds of finding these dickbags at their desk at this point on a Friday. I retained my AL citizenship simply because I needed a gun-friendly home to return to.

^ I used to hunt around Taylorsville and Euharlee. When the Governor shows up at your dove hunt, you're in a pretty safe State as far as gun laws go. If we don't do something about the trash that's pouring into the State, that'll eventually change.

Thats what happening here in Virginia. We still have one of the highest gun ownership per capita in the nation but the weasels are seeping south. We went for 'The Bitch" in the election. Look at #2.
  1. Wyoming: 195.7 firearms per 1,000 people.
  2. District of Columbia: 66.4 firearms per 1,000 people.
  3. Arkansas: 41.6 firearms per 1,000 people.
  4. New Mexico: 40.5 firearms per 1,000 people.
  5. Virginia: 30.1 firearms per 1,000 people.
  6. Idaho: 24.2 firearms per 1,000 people.
  7. Alabama: 20 firearms per 1,000 people.
  8. Nevada: 19.5 firearms per 1,000 people.
  9. Alaska: 15.2 firearms per 1,000 people.
  10. Louisiana: 15.1 firearms per 1,000 people.