• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors 2nd .22lr suppressor, TBAC 22L-1 or something else

johnson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2008
Kansas City, MO
I've never shot with a .22lr silencer before but I pick up my Sparrow SS next week and I'm already thinking about picking up a second one. The hosts I have are a CZ Kadet and CZ 452 American.

I also have a 30P-1 that should clear next month so suffice to say TBAC's .22 silencers are on the list of options. With everyone spouting off why you <span style="font-weight: bold">need</span> a take apart model, I don't know why one would get a sealed can over current options. Thoughts?

Has anyone had first hand experience with the 22L-1 and Sparrow side by side?

Re: 2nd .22lr suppressor, TBAC 22L-1 or something else

Our general idea is to make strong, lightweight, accurate cans, then shoot the hell out of them with minimal if any maintenance. There's no need to take our .22 cans apart to clean them, either an ultrasonic cleaner or the vinegar/peroxide methods work great.

The "must take apart" idea comes from cans that are made of materials that are not suited to these methods of cleaning and is reinforced by people who like to take things apart and put them back together again.

You wouldn't be disappointed in the 22L-1 (or the 22S-1 which is my favorite for use on a .22 pistol)

Are there any upsides when using the 22L-1 on a pistol? I can't find a single person who has reviewed the 22S-1.

D462_4999_img.jpg

D462_5019_img.jpg

D462_5021_img.jpg

I don't think you can tell the different using .22 subs in a pistol. With .22 WMR you can tell a difference between the 22S-1 and 22L-1. Full-power .22LR: maybe.

22lr standard velocity vs. subsonic has a noticeable difference using a sparrow on a mk3 22/44 host

The "must take apart" idea comes from cans that are made of materials that are not suited to these methods of cleaning and is reinforced by people who like to take things apart and put them back together again.
iPad.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Martin55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The "must take apart" idea comes from cans that are made of materials that are not suited to these methods of cleaning and is reinforced by people who like to take things apart and put them back together again.
iPad.gif
</div></div>

Some guys blow through 3000 rounds in a weekend. For other end users, 3000 rounds might take years of use.

It takes 6500-10,000+ rounds to get to where most users would probably wish to clean a .22lr suppressor. With a lot of take aparts the cans need to be taken apart every 250-500 rounds in order to keep them from becoming difficult to clean. So that's ~25 dissassembly and cleaning operations prior to getting to the point at which you would probably need to dissassemble the can to really save significant performance.

The contrast becomes even more surprising with centerfire cans which can run 30,000 rounds without needing to be cleaned.

This doesn't stop a significant portion of people from asking if they can take apart their centerfire rifle cans, however.