• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

2nd Annual Team Hunting Challenge

Re: Directions to match

I'm not gone yet. Going to leave this afternoon and go half way, then drive the rest tomorrow.

No place for an RV. We will have plenty of parking for everyone the day of the match but I don't want anyone to see range until the day of the match. Red Rock is probably about 30-40 min from match if you want to stay there.

I think he said 1000 yds but you might be prepaired for something a little longer.

Are you coming up from Alabama?

I called and got us a group rate for $54 at the Days Inn in El Reno for 2 double beds. If you want to book this, tell them you want the "Chad Haworth group rate" at the number below.

Days Inn El Reno, OK
2700 S. Country Club Rd
El Reno, OK 73036
(405) 262-8720

I heard all the targets will be down range mainly in a westerly kinda north maybe some southeast direction. The terrain is partly hilly with some scattered flat spots. Hope this helps Rich see you Sun

Rich,
You had me all bumfuzzled. I was trying to figure wind( like I ever could), but the answers you got cleared it right up. I think I'll just show up and someone point me in the right direction. Trying really hard to not get sick. Two kids with the flu. Wait....tactical plan. get a little sick, infect crowd.....hmmmm.

It's cold here....good crowd of skilled shooters present Targets are interesting, can't wait to see how many people hit the GIANT bear.It fooled us.

I have already left my mark here. Twice, under one of the only trees around. Cold air blowing across the buns as I pulled the old hawk crappin off a fence post maneuver.

Guys, it went good. I can't give much specifics I'll wait for BJ to fill in the holes.

We had two stages of fire, 10 animals per stage.
Shooting terrain was beautiful, shooting across and into canyons and post oak and cedar ridge-lines.

West Stage:
Crow at about 467 if i remember right started off my day with cold-bore shot.
Shooting left to right and increasing wind angles on the rest of the targets. A little prairie dog (head only) shot at about 340 gave some people fits.

South Stage:
Started off with Elk about 700 yds, still shooting left to right on a series of targets. The 500 yard turkey head shot gave me hell. longest target about 890 yards
Again increasing wind angles and terrain kept you in check even with 3-6 mph winds.

12 minutes on the firing line was generous, but most people needed it on the south stage. This stage ran longer than expected but BJ did all he could do and got everybody finished with enough shooting light.
The targets and layout was great, nothing real tricky, Lasers worked good, I didn't try and mil.
(Thanks Chad, Terry and Mark for loaning me some glass)

First time I've seen a Calcutta auction at a match and it was great idea, I went crazy and bought up 4-5 good teams. I think there was a total of $1700 in the Calcutta pot and it paid back 4 places. one of my horses won and paid me Back $610, so i was Pumped.

Gotta go....

Congrats to Mark Deliua, he was on fire. His .284 Shehane/ 180 VLD's smoked us all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Congrats to Mark Deliua, he was on fire. His .284 Shehane/ 180 VLD's smoked us all.
</div></div>

Yeah, but did he sport his Tiger Valley team match gear; Ohio State beanie and "reverse punisher" grips?
grin.gif

Yep it was a well run match.Had a great time. Met a new group of people and the same old running crew .Good job B J and others. I will be back next year for sure . congrats to Mark and Arthur. oh and my partner Rich E you couldnt have done it without me. Thanks for the A7 SAKO.

Congrats to Mark, Rich and others. I was glad to see Jerry and Corbin do well. That kid was excited to get the Benelli! I love to see kids involved and enjoying it. I'm sure BJ will throw all the particulars up later. I'm still in shock from the temp change. It was WAY warmer when I got home at 5 am!

PS Rich....you don't want to know what I did with the Sako before you got it.
smile.gif

Congratulations to the Mark and the first place team. Excellent shooting.

Rich and Outback, you guys did really well too. Congratulations. When we realized that our bunch was shooting like two year olds, we were rooting for you two to win. It was good visiting with you.

I have to figure out why I can hit a crows and turkey heads at 500 yards but can't get close to a bear with a target plate the size of a Toyota. Go figure.

Thanks for letting us join in B.J. It was a fun match and I will definitely do a few things different next year.
Thanks to Preston for being my partner and being a good host.

As soon as I get the pics from my sister in law I will post them w/the final placings. Thanks for being patient guys. Sorry it took so long. We've already got some ideas on how to shorten it up next year. Thanks to the sponsors as well. I didn't think we were ever going to get rid of all those prizes!!!

Thanks BJ and everyone else that worked so hard to put this shoot on. I had a great time like everybody else, and that was one heck of a prize table.

Great Match Fellas! Congrats to everybody & thanks to the whole crew and the sponsors.

Results and pics!!!

Sorry it has taken me so long to get this posted but work has been nuts and I had 4 year old birthday party to help plan and celebrate on this past weekend. First I'd like to thank all of our sponsors. Your generosity was overwhelming!!! I didn't think we were going to get all the prizes given away!!! Now that that is behind me here are the results and pics:

First place is Mark Deluhia and someone is going to have to help me w/his spotters name. I forgot. Sorry guys
frown.gif
They took the two NF NXS 3.5-15x56mm scopes and got $500 cash each.
DSC_2291web.jpg

Second place team: Richard Emmons and Geordi Richardson. They took the two Sako A7 rifles and also got $250 cash each.
DSC_2293web.jpg

Third place was Jon Beanland and Tom Ross. They each took home a pair of Leupold Goldring 10x42 binos.
DSC_2296web.jpg

Fourth place went to Jerry Newman and Corbin. Jerry had unfair advantage as he had the best spotter there!! Jerry took home a Savage model 10 Precision Carbine while Corbin opted for an APG camo Benelli SuperNova.
DSC_2298web.jpg

Coming in 5th place was Colin Goodwin and Shane Woods. They each got an adjustable McMillan A5 stock.
DSC_2301.jpg

6th place was Dean Morris and Rick Jensen. Rick took one of the Savage 10 Precision carbines while Dean took a FoxPro FX3 predator caller.
DSC_2302web.jpg

7th place went to Jim Paul Brown and Mike Luckett. Mike took one of the Benelli SuperNovas and Jim Paul took home some Surgeon bottom metal.
DSC_2304web.jpg

8th place went to Ben Burrow and Shane Herman. Ben got a FoxPro FX3 while Shane took home some Surgeon bottom metal.
DSC_2306web.jpg

9th place was Gary Kinesick and again, I'll have to have some help as I forgot his partners name. They won a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50mm riflescope and a Nikon 20-60x65mm spotting scope.
DSC_2309web.jpg

10th place was Jim Clark and Kevin Divers. They also took home a Nikon spotter and a Vortex Viper riflescopes.
DSC_2311web.jpg

That rounds out the top 10. Thanks for coming guys. Can't thank our sponsors enough either!! I'll post some pics of guys shooting and the range on the next reply. Didn't get pics of the targets like I wanted. To me that is what really sets this match apart.
Oh well, maybe next year!!

Re: Results and pics!!!

Them 8th place boys look like they are PISSED
laugh.gif
. Looks like it was a heck of a time. Do you have any pics of the targets?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bailey1474</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First place is Mark Deluhia and someone is going to have to help me w/his spotters name. I forgot. Sorry guys </div></div>

Looks like Arthur McMeans to me.

Unfortunatly now. If you download the pic w/the idiot driving in it you can kinda make them out. Also the second pick on the first thread.