• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision 3-D printing a focus fin for PVS-30

Definitely the lever could be available in 2 lengths to accommodate each of the battery compartment styles.
The ring may only require 2 models if the clocking of the focus ring is always in one of two positions.
Alternatively the ring could have holes for the posts that line up with every scallop in the ring to allow the ring to be installed however the shooter wanted, unless it would weaken the ring structurally, in which case, every other scallop. I haven't counted the scallops so I don't know the exact angular increment.
This is why I pose the question, where does the post on the left side of the focus ring clock at near focus limit on your PVS-30?
Mine clocks at 9:00 at the near focus limit but the PVS-30 the lever was designed around clocked at 7:00 or 7:30 based on my discussion with Tyler.

Last edited:
Whoever is ready to pony up and get this alternate model in my hands will get a free lever. Not quite an even trade....but the best I can do :)
I have the measurements you need to machine a new lever, that is, the length and depth that must be added to the clearance.

We need some feedback from PVS-30 owners.
Where does the post on the left side of the focus ring clock at near focus limit on your PVS-30?
On mine it's at 9:00.

Thanks.

Attachments

• close focus limit.jpg
    close focus limit.jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Now to make range estimation markings based on focus location

I don't think mine allows me to use my full focus adjustment either. I haven't had it out since I put on so I haven't looked thru it. I will tonight hopefully.

To make it simpler could just add an extra hole or two on the ring. Only other thing I would ask for is to have an option for a smaller lever portion that is more similar to the UNS LR.

1654474640011.png

Do you still have that second test model?

As soon as the customer gets em to me haha. He emailed and said things were perfect, I requested pics.