• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

3 gun build

ccoker

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2008
Central Texas
www.tacticalgunreview.com
3 Gun Build
TKS engineering billet upper / lower
http://www.tksengmfg.com

Noveske 18" lightwight barrel, matching bolt, gas tube and gas block
http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imc...ce=&status=

SJC Titan Comp
http://stores.sjcguns.com/Detail.bok?no=52

Hiperform handguard
www.hiperform.com

Wilson Combat 3 gun trigger
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Tactical-Trigger-Unit-3-Gun-Semi-Auto/productinfo/TR-TTU-3G

Magpul CTR and Miad grip
www.magpul.com

Wilson Combat NP-3 Coated bolt carrier
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Bolt-Carrier-Assembly-556-NATO-NP3-Plated/productinfo/TR-BCA-NP3/

Noveske Gun Fighter charging handle
http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imc...ce=&status=

Got some of the parts in already, rest in route
can't wait to wring it out!

Pics of the TKS Engineering upper lower, this is a matched set, they lock up tight.
tksupper002.jpg

tksupper001.jpg

tksupper008.jpg

tksupper005.jpg

tksupper004.jpg

My favorite detail...

tksupper003.jpg

More to come...

Re: 3 gun build

will build the gun up and check the balance of the rifle

if I feel it is a bit front end heavy I may get the UBR

if a tad rear heavy I may put the lighter Bill Rogers stock, similiar to a CTR

as for optics, those are always changing and testing...

I tested a Burris TAC 30 last weekend from 10 ft out to 500 yards and was pleasantly surprised

The flag etched into the receiver is awesome. Nice touch. I have the CTR and MIAD myself. I like just about anything Magpul. They make a great product. Hopefully it turns out to be a shooter.

Have you considered trying a Low Mass Operating System from JP Enterprises JP LMOS ? IMHO it is the single best thing you can do to enhance sight recovery for a competition AR. Reducing the bolt slamming around makes a big difference in a game gun. It is considered not reliable enough for a "duty gun" but for a competition AR it is a nice feature to have.

Those SJC Tital comps are outstanding.

Keep us posted on the build!

yeah, I have considered one or lightened Young national match

I was talking with one of the tech guys at Noveske yesterday and he steered me away from them and said to go with standard weight.

May still play with one...
I do have a JP upper on T&E order as well
Also testing out a PRI 18" Douglas upper and STI

play with all of them and keep what I really, really like (or 2)

I recently tested the Wilson Comat Trigger and wanted to say GREAT Choice!!!! You may want to checkout the APex Machine Gator guard handguard runs great for both 3 Gun and precision

Keep us informed on the build
Right now I have a JP with lightened bolt and don't have any problems.
Always looking for other ideas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently tested the Wilson Comat Trigger and wanted to say GREAT Choice!!!! You may want to checkout the APex Machine Gator guard handguard runs great for both 3 Gun and precision </div></div>

I have been running a TTU single stage in my Wilson 6.8 for 1.5 years.. I love it!

I have a UT-15 and you are spot on, Wilson triggers are hard to beat. My only issue was my single stage was too nice for a carbine so I pulled it out and replaced it with a RRA NM two stage and dropped the Wilson in my SPR.

OW

If this is a dedicated 3gun setup, why not go with an ajustable gas block and a lightened BCG? That's where you get the biggest difference in how the gun recoils..

Like some of the other guys were saying, you will probably want a heavier stock on the rear. I imagine that current setup will be front heavy.

ALso, I have a Tac30, shoot occasional 3gun matches, and just got back from a Vickers class...... I think it's pretty decent. Definitely the best thing I've used in the under $500 range.

I may try an adjustable gas block, been running a Jet Ti on my Wilson Combat 6.8. But, I first one to try the intermediate gas system of the Noveske barrel with a standard carrier and CAR buffer as a starting place.

My guns hardly ever stay the way they first start out
smile.gif

Part of the fun is the experimenting

the match I did on Sat (ran an STI 16") only had out to 100 yards and I left at 1x the whole time. I did, post match go shoot at 500 yards in the 20+ MPH wind, had no problem hitting the plates at 500 wuith the 77g 5.56 Atlanta Arms ammo (used S&B 55g for the match)

I also have a Vortex 1-4 PST MRAD, frankly, I prefer the cheaper TAC 30. The optic I am really wanting to get a hold of is the new Meopta 1-4, but in all honesty, the $300 Burris is all I need

I sprayed the upper and lower with OD green aluma-hyde II on Friday.. waiting for the cure is killing me as I am dying to put this sucker together

I shoot multi-gun and love the burris XTR for it. I run 1x about 95% of the time. The Burris TAC-30 is a great scope for the money. I use the JP adjustable gas block with the BCM FA BCG with the Ionbond finish. Seekins ambi lower, Rainier Match upper, WOA 16" mid gas barrel, seekins rail and the UBR. Shoots great and keeps me in the game without a single issue to date.
The only thing about the seekins lowers is the Tango down magazines don't fit. Nice part about shooting like this is you find what works and what doesn't.

Burris Tac30 seems to be the "super sniper" of 3 gun eh? I think my buddy has one, might need to try it. I was thinking about running my dmr AR in my first few 3 gun matches, but I always end up wanting to be more competitive...