• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

30 cal 240SMK

Re: 30 cal 240SMK

Zohan,

Please friend, don't take this out of text but I believe this will clarify for those who are unsure. Those who are, will understand what I'm saying and where I'm coming from.

Barrel life is going to be close with these high performace cartridges. Feeding is not an issue if the system is built properly such as loading ramps and mags are tweeked. Anyone who has ever used AI or any other type of mags with a .308 win. or anything else experience the same issues. We tweek LE SRT rifles to perform flawlessly because they have to.
We all have to be clear about comparing apples to apples.
There are sniper rifles and then there Long Range Precision Rifles and then there are Counter Sniper Rifles. The accuracy spec go up as the titles do.
Measuring barrel life in this high performace game is a waste of breath. These are special purpose weapons for special needs.
I'm not a Nascar fan but I'm certain they rebuild every motor after each and every race to keep the performance edge.

EXAMPLE
If you are highly skilled special purpose precision shooter then your already trained...and in a class of you own...as in you can shoot 140 score on a bad day on the "Intimidator" everytime...and you have a rifle that is capable of 700-2000 rounds of sub/half moa accuracy..then that is 700-2000 dead bad guys give or take a few. And when your done clearing the landscape of evil men then you go back to the bat cave and screw on a new barrel on and do it all over again. Kinda like the Dale Earnhardt of racing..we the man was alive you could almost bet the farm you would be wearing your ass in your hat if you went up against him.

So, to save everyone the waste of time typing and reading or asking, we as in men who know what works and what doesn't should refraim from using that terminology anymore, "BARREL BURNER" because if you don't have a barrel burner then you don't have HIGH PERFORMANCE. You can't have one with out the other. If barrel burner is used to describe a rifles performance then it's HIGH PERFORMANCE and if it's HIGH PERFORMANCE ... then it's going to be a BARREL BURNER.

EXAMPLE for new guys interested in HIGH PERFORMANCE
6.5X47
7 WSM
.300 WIN MAG sorta
.300 HULK Oh hell yes
.300 NM YEP for sure
.300 Jazz yep!
.338 LM yes in deed if ran the way it should be ran
.338/408 HIGH PERFORMANCE ON STEROIDS
.375/408 " "
???????????????? Whole new post...lol

So, to sum it up..if you want a rifle that will shoot 1000-2000 yards then it has to be "HIGH PERFORMANCE".

Just my HO..but what do I know.

There was once an idiot who said "who would want a rifle that burns 85-90 grains of powder if it was Armageddon"..I would say a man who is going take you and your evil mignions out from afar and then send a squad in to take your gear, guns and grain...since you wont be needing it anymore.

Spoils Of War

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Measuring barrel life in this high performace game is a waste of breath. These are special purpose weapons for special needs.

There was once an idiot who said "who would want a rifle that burns 85-90 grains of powder if it was Armageddon"..I would say a man who is going take you and your evil mignions out from afar and then send a squad in to take your gear, guns and grain...since you wont be needing it anymore. </div></div>

OK. Now you've done it. You've uttered those famous words... "The King has no clothes."

John

Tom

You crack me up.

Dam straight .... barrels are designed to be consumed and then replaced; anything over 900-1,000 rounds is a bonus. I do buy two barrels at a time, so I can take the first one off and put the second one on at any time. I am not sure if its a good thing, but I know Frank at Bartlein and my favorite gunsmiths - Terry Cross, Jered Joplin and Alan Warner on a first name basis.

I own only high performance rifles, 6x47L, 7WSMs (2 currently) and 338 LM Improved, but quest for high performance on steroids, and its only a matter of time with the 408 CheyTac ation already in my gunsafe. This hobby can put you in the poor house darn fast.
smile.gif

JeffVN

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeffvn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom

This hobby can put you in the poor house darn fast.
smile.gif

JeffVN</div></div>

LOL start shooting BMG's.

Hey if I can help someone out with my advice and make them laugh then that's a bonus!
Shooters just expect too much out of their equipment. I used to but I finally realized a barrel is like a woman, you have to replace her eventually because she quits performing like the she did when you first met. And that's even more expensive.
Our hobbies and needs can be expensive. The more exotic the more money it costs us. You can have wal-mart and average joe or?????? well the good stuff, if you know what I mean. Have you ever been in Wal-Mart the first of the month at say around 11:00 p.m.? Then you know what I'm getting at. Our younger viewers we must protect.
Ever hear the quote high maintainence used? Hey fellas it's the way it is we have to pay to play.
Good luck!

Tom

If my long-time source of tickets comes through again this year I will. Even if he does not, I live in Vegas and my work schedule is very slow until the end of Jannuary so and we can get together.

I am happy to buy you a cold or hot beverage of your choice. PM me and we can swap cell info.

JeffVN