• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

30 cal peel washer

HSPrecision

Private
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2006
Virginia
So I am not sure if this belongs here or in the gunsmithing section. I need a peel washer for my 6.8SPC. They seem to be impossible to find. I have found ones that have the correct inside Diam of 5/8in (.625) and ones with the correct outside Diam of 3/4 (.750) but none that have both. Any sources would be really helpful. Ive spent hours today searching and today isn't the first day! Thanks in advance.

~2ND

Re: 30 cal peel washer

Look for a shim kit for a SureFire brake ..... you might be able to use one of them, I am not sure on the diameters though.

I got JP enterprises exhaust brake and they sent a peel washer with it... maybe you can call them?

Thanks for the help guys! No luck however. JP only has 1/2in ones and I can't find a Surefire SHIM kit. The PWS kit might be the ticket, although i am worried that the non laminated shims will get lost if i pull them off to attach the suppressor. I swear im going to have a company make them and im going to buy 500 and sell them!

~2ND

If you are removing and reinstalling a muzzle device in order to mount a suppressor then a crush washer may work for you.

You can tighten the device down the first time to crush the washer, then use slightly less torque the next time. You shouldn't have a POI shift with the muzzle device as long as you zero at the reduced torque (assuming it's not so loose that the device moves).

What exactly are you trying to do? What muzzle device and what suppressor system are you using?

It is on my 6.8 upper. im using a VLTOR Flash Hider

http://vltor.com/flash-hiders-gallery.html#p7

With a thread on SWR Omega .30 suppressor. The VLTOR came with a crush washer that if stoned down to get it aligned perfectly but may have got a little over zealous and removed an RCH to much material now its off just a bit. doesn't affect function but annoys me. So instead of replacing the crush washer i was going to replace it with a peel washer. I ordered the PWS kit just now (and an extra crush washer) and hopefully this fixes my problem. It is terribly annoying to buy 9.00 worth of stuff and pay 13.00 for UPS ground shipping. So not only outrageous shipping costs, but i have to wait 5-7 days for it! guess i deserve it for tinkering :)

~2ND

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call SureFire. They sell shim kits. </div></div>

No....they don't. I just called Surefire and told them I wanted to buy a shim kit. They told me I had received "bad information" and that they don't sell the shim kits, but include them with their suppressors.

I need a few shim kits too, so I guess I'll end up ordering 3 from PWS and paying the $15.05 they want for shipping. What other options are there?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are removing and reinstalling a muzzle device in order to mount a suppressor then a crush washer may work for you.

You can tighten the device down the first time to crush the washer, then use slightly less torque the next time. You shouldn't have a POI shift with the muzzle device as long as you zero at the reduced torque (assuming it's not so loose that the device moves).

What exactly are you trying to do? What muzzle device and what suppressor system are you using? </div></div>

Most suppressor manufacturers tell you to NEVER use a crush washer on any of their mounts or cans. They can misalign your mount very easily. You will most likely get a baffle strike. I would only use peel washers in regards to QD suppressor mounts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Most suppressor manufacturers tell you to NEVER use a crush washer on any of their mounts or cans. They can misalign your mount very easily. You will most likely get a baffle strike. I would only use peel washers in regards to QD suppressor mounts. </div></div>

yes, that is a concern if you use a crush washer to mount a suppressor. However what I advised was using the crush washer to mount the muzzle device that the OP would be REMOVING along with the washer prior to screwing on a can (directly to the muzzle).

If you read the first post I made in this thread you will notice I suggested the shim kit for mounting a suppressor.

I read your posts and i was reiterating the fact that you should NEVER use a crush washer to install a suppressor nor the mount that is going on the rifle FOR the suppressor. Crush washers do not flatten out evenly when being crushed.... they easily warp and if you have a warped mount you end up with a baffle strike.