• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision 30 Coyotes Down... Thermal Kills.

Got my first “cheap” thermal..... nothing cheap about it though. A few weeks in and I already want to buy an upgrade after getting bit by the bug, and then your newest podcast came out. Tax refund won’t stay too long in my hands 😢

• Haha
Reactions: skinney_7 and TACC
Keep making the hits

Great shooting

Location, equipment description, firearms/loads?

Average shot distance?

Superb teamwork and coordination.

Awesome video! I am going to have to sell a bunch of shit and get in the game....

Last edited:
Reactions: Evolution 9
@skinney_7

I watch the first 3/4 of the video before having to hop on a call - great vid as usual. Have you experienced any issue with Black Hot being less than desirable from an image perspective? Another member reported it as unusable until they update the software. No first hand experience here - simply curious.

Reactions: skinney_7
@skinney_7

I watch the first 3/4 of the video before having to hop on a call - great vid as usual. Have you experienced any issue with Black Hot being less than desirable from an image perspective? Another member reported it as unusable until they update the software. No first hand experience here - simply curious.
I have not used black hot at all on these new Iray units, only white hot. So much easier regarding detection.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
Location, equipment description, firearms/loads?

Average shot distance?

Superb teamwork and coordination.

Awesome video! I am going to have to sell a bunch of shit and get in the game....

Location: undisclosed top secret super squirrel shit... jk, I'm in SD man... I have most of my selection up on YouTube with more and more in the works.
Avg Range: 50-150yds, we make it a point to have that happen.

Reactions: DIBBS
I have not used black hot at all on these new Iray units, only white hot. So much easier regarding detection.

That's on par with what I'm reading of other users. White hot works well. Black hot not so much, specifically for detection. No idea why that is, but presumably its software related. If you get around to it, would like to see what your experience is with video (ya'll are the king of vids and have been for at least a decade it seems).

Conditions dictate what I prefer in the field, but generally I'm on super low contrast and block hot, and they pop just as good if not better than white hot, but these are BAE units.

That's on par with what I'm reading of other users. White hot works well. Black hot not so much, specifically for detection. No idea why that is, but presumably its software related. If you get around to it, would like to see what your experience is with video (ya'll are the king of vids and have been for at least a decade it seems).

Conditions dictate what I prefer in the field, but generally I'm on super low contrast and block hot, and they pop just as good if not better than white hot, but these are BAE units.
What we've experienced with the new Matrix III Censors compared to the BAE's is they perform better in humidity. Last year on nights where the humidity was over 80% and had a washy image and junk contrast between inert objects we would get shit footage, this year we've recorded amazing quality in humidity over 90%. I've got a bunch of info on our most recent podcast discussing this even further.

Reactions: 96C
Which part of SD are you in, I'm in the north central. It's calving season and definitely time to eliminate coyotes. You must be talking about last late summer, the humidity was so bad I could hardly tune my 1973 Kawasaki H2.

Now that is a target rich environment or shall I say was :p
At the 1:24 mark it appears that the yote emerges from inside the carcass of the cow, if so that was crazy.
Great vid.

Lol we watch your guys videos before we go out to get pumped up... it’s unreal what you guys do....
Thanks Brother! That's awesome to hear, very glad you find our work interesting! If you have any criticism please let me know and if you have something you'd like to see, post her up!