• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 PRC throating reamer

Jdowney37

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2021
Harrisonburg, VA
As the title suggests, I am looking for recommendations/suggestions for a good throating reamer for my 300 PRC. This will be my first attempt at using a throating reamer, so any kind of sleeve, or alignment aid suggestion would also be appreciated.

Also, if anyone has a reamer they’d be willing to let me rent, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks I’m advance!
-Josh

The best way to "DIY" off the lathe is with a PTG Uni-Throater.
Integral guide/positive stop. Significant investment for a one-time use, and they're caliber-specific.

I cannot stress enough that you need to proceed very carefully. You're removing a human hair's worth of material...hot knife through butter.

As the title suggests, I am looking for recommendations/suggestions for a good throating reamer for my 300 PRC. This will be my first attempt at using a throating reamer, so any kind of sleeve, or alignment aid suggestion would also be appreciated.

Also, if anyone has a reamer they’d be willing to let me rent, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks I’m advance!
-Josh
The PRC has a long throat to begin with, how much more do you want, and for what purpose?

The best way to "DIY" off the lathe is with a PTG Uni-Throater.
Integral guide/positive stop. Significant investment for a one-time use, and they're caliber-specific.

I cannot stress enough that you need to proceed very carefully. You're removing a human hair's worth of material...hot knife through butter.
4D reamer Rentals will rent one too you for around $50.00….but the question still remains How much more room do you need? SAAMI spec is way out there.

Run 200 rounds with a stiff load of N570, boom you have another 25k freebore!