• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 PRC update

Wow... 3ish pounds....so a 22" carbon barrel and a carbon stock....what action?....Ti action? My barrel would weigh more than your entire rig..heh.

3ish lb barrel.

It’s probably going to be a heavy hunting rifle around 11lbs. I know I could get a light stock but I’m not sure I want to.

Terminus Kartos LA or my TL3 LA - 1.9-2.25lbs

Vortex Rzr AMG - 1.8lbs

Spuhr separate rings - 0.5lbs

Manners PRS or Elite Hunter stock - 3-3.4lbs

Bartlein 22” 9 twist light Palma or proof carbon. 3-3.5lbs

SiCo Omega300 - 1lbs

max 12.45lbs
min 11.2lbs

I really want the Kratos action so I can mess around with a 300NM and a 33XC.

3ish lb barrel.

It’s probably going to be a heavy hunting rifle around 11lbs. I know I could get a light stock but I’m not sure I want to.

Terminus Kartos LA or my TL3 LA - 1.9-2.25lbs

Vortex Rzr AMG - 1.8lbs

Spuhr separate rings - 0.5lbs

Manners PRS or Elite Hunter stock - 3-3.4lbs

Bartlein 22” 9 twist light Palma or proof carbon. 3-3.5lbs

SiCo Omega300 - 1lbs

max 12.45lbs
min 11.2lbs

I really want the Kratos action so I can mess around with a 300NM and a 33XC.
Sounds like a great setup to me. My 300 PRC is sitting at about 14.5lbs but that’s because it’s sitting in an MPA chassis.

Reactions: JB.IC
Shot my new barrel today. After over 1350 rounds I retired the old barrel. New barrel is a Bartlein 1-9tw at 29.5" Heavy Varmit....measures 0.968" at the muzzle shoulder. I installed a new Aaron Hipp ATS Barrel Tuner while I was at it.

Today was an absolutely beautiful day in N. KY with zero wind and 74F temps...sunny as can be. If anyone cares it was 51% humidty and a pressure of 30.11" falling. Elevation was 912ft ASL. 28 rounds fired at a distance of 100 yards.

After installing my new barrel it headspaced perfect. I used 6x ADG brass freshly annealed with a shoulder bumped back 2 thou from my previous barrel. 230gr A-Tips....only thing I have at the moment.... and 75.0 grains of RL-26. First shot was just a chamber a round and fire it into the dirt and then do a check of primer and brass. I ran a dry patch down the barrel to see how much carbon was on the first shot. RL-26 is dirty...but I like it.

Round 2 I installed the Magneto Speed and got a velocity of 2877 fps. I was also 2 mils high of my previous zero. I had taken the ZCO 5-27 off and reinstalled...but I think it had more to do with a +40fps muzzle velocity increase due to 1.5" more barrel....and the installation of the ATS Barrel Tuner. I spent a few rounds getting a semi-perfect zero and then I pulled the MagnetoSpeedV3 off. I was getting erratic readings and then I noticed that due to the ATS Barrel Tuner...I had the MagnetoSpeedV3 mounted too far rearward and it was giving me some false readings that were around 2830fps. I used a Labradar for the rest of the shots. It sped up a tiny bit and my last 10 shots had an average of 2887 fps with a SD of 1.9. Heh...I'll take that any day....on any rifle.

No pics for todays session because due to not actually charging my phone...it died once I was at the range. However, I did keep the target for study and will take a pic of it later.

I decided to play with the barrel tuner. I shot a 5 shot control group with the ATS 'centered'...an arbitrary middle setting that I deemed at 'zero' and went up from there....I could have just as easily gone in the other direction and dialed down from center. Control group of 5 shots was 0.689" Not bad for shots 6-11 on this new barrel. Using the tuner I took a sharpie and made aiming dots on the square junctions on the typical diamond target. I shot two shots...if they didn't touch, I dialed two markings on the ATS Barrel Tuner.....shot two shots....repeat. On the third group I had two touching and sent a third shot and a 3 shot group measured less than 0.100". Moved the ATS two more clicks....shot a two shot group that was touching but moving away from what I measured on the previous group. I kept spinning the ATS and the group kept opening up and after group 6 it was back to about a 0.60" group.

I spun back down to the #4 setting on the ATS and shot a nice 0.312" group and decided to call it a day. I don't think I can rely on these ATS settings until the barrel speeds up a bit more....after it stabilizes at around 100 rounds through the barrel or so....I'll double check the ATS settings and play around a bit more.

Groups were great....exceeded expectations for a brand new barrel that hasn't 'broke in' yet...heh...hate that term. I ran a few dry patches through at the range..but I didn't run any wet patches through the barrel until I got home. First 5 wet patches of BoreTech Carbon Remover were pretty black....then almost white....the first 3 patches of BoreTech Copper Remover were just a hint of blue....not bad...I expected a dark purple on a freshly machined barrel. A brush for 30 strokes wet with the CU remover and a few more patches and all is clean.

Maybe over the weekend I can run up to Thunder Valley and dial it in at 1 mile + and get that first 100 rounds knocked out. Be nice to true my ballistics calc on this new barrel with data out to 2300+. Big thanks to Greg and Russ at SPR...they do awesome work....with awesome parts. One note....fired brass shoulder bumped out exactly 2 thou longer than the 2 thou bump back from the previous load....so chambers are identical.

what in the world is up with the ELD-X 212 and 220. Some how the 212 has a higher G7? Even Litz is showing it higher with the 212.

Shot my new barrel today. After over 1350 rounds I retired the old barrel. New barrel is a Bartlein 1-9tw at 29.5" Heavy Varmit....measures 0.968" at the muzzle shoulder. I installed a new Aaron Hipp ATS Barrel Tuner while I was at it.

Today was an absolutely beautiful day in N. KY with zero wind and 74F temps...sunny as can be. If anyone cares it was 51% humidty and a pressure of 30.11" falling. Elevation was 912ft ASL. 28 rounds fired at a distance of 100 yards.

After installing my new barrel it headspaced perfect. I used 6x ADG brass freshly annealed with a shoulder bumped back 2 thou from my previous barrel. 230gr A-Tips....only thing I have at the moment.... and 75.0 grains of RL-26. First shot was just a chamber a round and fire it into the dirt and then do a check of primer and brass. I ran a dry patch down the barrel to see how much carbon was on the first shot. RL-26 is dirty...but I like it.

Round 2 I installed the Magneto Speed and got a velocity of 2877 fps. I was also 2 mils high of my previous zero. I had taken the ZCO 5-27 off and reinstalled...but I think it had more to do with a +40fps muzzle velocity increase due to 1.5" more barrel....and the installation of the ATS Barrel Tuner. I spent a few rounds getting a semi-perfect zero and then I pulled the MagnetoSpeedV3 off. I was getting erratic readings and then I noticed that due to the ATS Barrel Tuner...I had the MagnetoSpeedV3 mounted too far rearward and it was giving me some false readings that were around 2830fps. I used a Labradar for the rest of the shots. It sped up a tiny bit and my last 10 shots had an average of 2887 fps with a SD of 1.9. Heh...I'll take that any day....on any rifle.

No pics for todays session because due to not actually charging my phone...it died once I was at the range. However, I did keep the target for study and will take a pic of it later.

I decided to play with the barrel tuner. I shot a 5 shot control group with the ATS 'centered'...an arbitrary middle setting that I deemed at 'zero' and went up from there....I could have just as easily gone in the other direction and dialed down from center. Control group of 5 shots was 0.689" Not bad for shots 6-11 on this new barrel. Using the tuner I took a sharpie and made aiming dots on the square junctions on the typical diamond target. I shot two shots...if they didn't touch, I dialed two markings on the ATS Barrel Tuner.....shot two shots....repeat. On the third group I had two touching and sent a third shot and a 3 shot group measured less than 0.100". Moved the ATS two more clicks....shot a two shot group that was touching but moving away from what I measured on the previous group. I kept spinning the ATS and the group kept opening up and after group 6 it was back to about a 0.60" group.

I spun back down to the #4 setting on the ATS and shot a nice 0.312" group and decided to call it a day. I don't think I can rely on these ATS settings until the barrel speeds up a bit more....after it stabilizes at around 100 rounds through the barrel or so....I'll double check the ATS settings and play around a bit more.

Groups were great....exceeded expectations for a brand new barrel that hasn't 'broke in' yet...heh...hate that term. I ran a few dry patches through at the range..but I didn't run any wet patches through the barrel until I got home. First 5 wet patches of BoreTech Carbon Remover were pretty black....then almost white....the first 3 patches of BoreTech Copper Remover were just a hint of blue....not bad...I expected a dark purple on a freshly machined barrel. A brush for 30 strokes wet with the CU remover and a few more patches and all is clean.

Maybe over the weekend I can run up to Thunder Valley and dial it in at 1 mile + and get that first 100 rounds knocked out. Be nice to true my ballistics calc on this new barrel with data out to 2300+. Big thanks to Greg and Russ at SPR...they do awesome work....with awesome parts. One note....fired brass shoulder bumped out exactly 2 thou longer than the 2 thou bump back from the previous load....so chambers are identical.

Did you notice a velocity drop at all at any round count?

Thanks for all of the updates, I am looking forward to get back into 300 PRC shooting.

Howdy guys. First post on here but I’ve been absorbing tons of information from this forum over the years. I’ve read more pages of this thread than I care to admit. I finally decided to put together my first custom rifle and now get to wait a few months for all the parts to finally come in.

I went with bighorn origin LA with a proof carbon 24” prefit, dropped into an MPA ultralite chassis with a folder and a triggertech special, topped with a USO MR10 pulled off my 308. It will be primarily a hunting rifle and occasional ELR day rifle

Anyways I’ve always neck sized with the Lee collet die as a result of the fantastic concentricity it yields. Needless to say I was disappointed to learn they haven’t jumped on the PRC bandwagon yet. I did call them today though and they informed me that they will do a custom collet die for $70. But being that it’s a custom rather than a SAAMI spec die, you need to send them two pieces fired brass from your chamber. Bummer for me as my barrel probably won’t ship until May. Thought I’d throw the info out there since I wasn’t able to find it anywhere else.

I’m aware of the Wilson arbor setup, but I’m just not ready to drop that sort of coin on a set that probably wouldn’t yield any results discernible to my skill level and I’ve already “bought once and cried once” on this build a lot more than just once.

Reactions: LakuNoc and b2lee
@dwent I was using the Wilson Arbor neck sizing die....and I've moved away from it. I still use the Wilson 300PRC Seating die on my K&M Arbor Press and probably will never move away from it. However, I've had a 'come to Jesus moment' and will forever and always full length size everything I have....both for hunting...and for my ELR comp rounds. Bumping the shoulder back 2 thousandths with a Forster Full Length Sizing Die has increased my scores and shrank my group size.

I hope you enjoy your 300PRC as much as I've enjoyed mine....if that is even humanly possible. It has been one hell of a journey and I hope it continues to bring joy to my days off.

Reactions: dwent
@dwent I was using the Wilson Arbor neck sizing die....and I've moved away from it. I still use the Wilson 300PRC Seating die on my K&M Arbor Press and probably will never move away from it. However, I've had a 'come to Jesus moment' and will forever and always full length size everything I have....both for hunting...and for my ELR comp rounds. Bumping the shoulder back 2 thousandths with a Forster Full Length Sizing Die has increased my scores and shrank my group size.

I hope you enjoy your 300PRC as much as I've enjoyed mine....if that is even humanly possible. It has been one hell of a journey and I hope it continues to bring joy to my days off.

I hear you there. By neck sizing, I still mean that I start to bump the shoulder a thou after the brass has reached chamber length with a body die. I’d imagine that is probably after only one firing in the PRC? In 308 I’ve found it to take a couple firings depending on charge and brass.

I forgot to mention above on my overly long post.....that I decided that I wanted to load these 230gr A-Tips in a magazine friendly OAL. I've been shooting my ELR rounds in long 3.860" single feed rounds....this time I decided to arbitrarily load the 6x ADG brass with a nice easy to remember round number in 75.0gr of RL-26. With a question that @Dthomas3523 asked in another thread....I decided to skip any kind of velocity node testing because I'm weighing each load with an AutoTricklerV3 down to the individual kernel. So, I'm not worried about velocity variations.

Next I decided I was going to load my rounds at an OAL of 3.758" and they fed flawlessly from my MDT 300WM magazines with the feed lips bent to match the 300PRC. I really didn't expect great results to start with...but I also had the Aaron Hipp ATS Barrel Tuner installed and a few settings later...I'm shaking my head in amazement as the loads dialed in. Yes, as the barrel gains speed over the next 80 rounds or so....that setting will change...but that's just a single set screw and twist away from being dialed back in.

atsbrake.png

For you guys with OCD....I'm still in the process of blending the paint job...heh....maybe a little dirt or blood on it would make it look better.

Reactions: Earnhardt
I forgot to mention above on my overly long post.....that I decided that I wanted to load these 230gr A-Tips in a magazine friendly OAL. I've been shooting my ELR rounds in long 3.860" single feed rounds....this time I decided to arbitrarily load the 6x ADG brass with a nice easy to remember round number in 75.0gr of RL-26. With a question that @Dthomas3523 asked in another thread....I decided to skip any kind of velocity node testing because I'm weighing each load with an AutoTricklerV3 down to the individual kernel. So, I'm not worried about velocity variations.

Next I decided I was going to load my rounds at an OAL of 3.758" and they fed flawlessly from my MDT 300WM magazines with the feed lips bent to match the 300PRC. I really didn't expect great results to start with...but I also had the Aaron Hipp ATS Barrel Tuner installed and a few settings later...I'm shaking my head in amazement as the loads dialed in. Yes, as the barrel gains speed over the next 80 rounds or so....that setting will change...but that's just a single set screw and twist away from being dialed back in.

View attachment 7467886

For you guys with OCD....I'm still in the process of blending the paint job...heh....maybe a little dirt or blood on it would make it look better.

How’s it working out for you without much load development?

Any issues hitting what you want when you want?

How’s it working out for you without much load development?

Any issues hitting what you want when you want?

Just dialing the barrel tuner didn't take long....so I think it is working out 'ok' :)

barreltuner.png

Hopefully this weekend I can go smack some steel out to 2300+ yards...then I'll get a much better feel of how it is going to behave.

Reactions: Dthomas3523
Anyways I’ve always neck sized with the Lee collet die as a result of the fantastic concentricity it yields. Needless to say I was disappointed to learn they haven’t jumped on the PRC bandwagon yet. I did call them today though and they informed me that they will do a custom collet die for $70. But being that it’s a custom rather than a SAAMI spec die, you need to send them two pieces fired brass from your chamber. Bummer for me as my barrel probably won’t ship until May. Thought I’d throw the info out there since I wasn’t able to find it anywhere else.

I sent my two fired cases to Lee a couple weeks ago and received my 300 PRC Lee Collet dies yesterday. I haven't tried them yet, but will do so soon.

Reactions: dwent
I sent my two fired cases to Lee a couple weeks ago and received my 300 PRC Lee Collet dies yesterday. I haven't tried them yet, but will do so soon.

I’m glad to hear it was only a two week wait. They told me 8-10 weeks when I spoke to them yesterday. Hopefully they were just being super conservative in their estimations. I hadn’t decided if I was going to buy a different set up to get me going in the meantime but if it’s only two weeks I’ll just buy a box of factory ammo and wait.

The real shame is waiting until May for the barrel. Might as well get in line for a suppressor while I’m at it.

I’m glad to hear it was only a two week wait. They told me 8-10 weeks when I spoke to them yesterday. Hopefully they were just being super conservative in their estimations. I hadn’t decided if I was going to buy a different set up to get me going in the meantime but if it’s only two weeks I’ll just buy a box of factory ammo and wait.

The real shame is waiting until May for the barrel. Might as well get in line for a suppressor while I’m at it.
What barrel did you end up going with?

I've been shooting ny 300WM and absolutely love it. Been shooting 220gr ELDX with 75.6gr of H1000 at 2858fps out of a 26" 9 twist bartlein. I love this barrel.. it has 980 rounds down the tube and I've only measured 0.027" throat erosion. ts been shooting 1/2moa consistently on paper out to 500 yards and banging steel out to 1040 yards. Going to take it out to 1500 today and see how she likes this cold Wyoming weather. I dropped it into my X-ray that I bought for my 300PRC build to see how much I like it.
Now to relate to this awesome thread. Ive been slowly purchasing parts for my 300PRC build. I've got an ARC archimedes action, triggertech special, KRG X-ray chassis, CIP magazines. Ive been going back and forth on barrel length and manufacturers. After verification of my throat erosion on my win mag I am definitely going to have another bartlein spun up. Now to length..26" or 28"? Any help either way would be greatly appreciated. Only thing that sucks is im going to have to wait on the barrel purchase until after Christmas...bummer.
My 300WM in the KRG. I like it.
20201108_141310.jpg
20201108_141321.jpg

Reactions: b2lee
Barrel length is up to you on your preferences. I just went from 28" to 29.5" on my new barrel. However, I do most of my 300PRC shooting at 1760+ yards...Weight is of no concern to me....don't know if it is for you.

However....You may find that with the extra length on the barrel you may need to switch from H1000 to a slower burning powder like RL-26 or VV N565. Sometimes you will find that your powder burn is 100% well before the bullet gets anywhere near the muzzle.

Question for you....any reason you just didn't rebarrel your 300WM?

Reactions: JBarton
Barrel length is up to you on your preferences. I just went from 28" to 29.5" on my new barrel. However, I do most of my 300PRC shooting at 1760+ yards...Weight is of no concern to me....don't know if it is for you.

However....You may find that with the extra length on the barrel you may need to switch from H1000 to a slower burning powder like RL-26 or VV N565. Sometimes you will find that your powder burn is 100% well before the bullet gets anywhere near the muzzle.

Question for you....any reason you just didn't rebarrel your 300WM?
The 300PRC build gave me an excuse to upgrade my action. Im running a trued remington 700 and i also wanted to do a full custom build and do it myself.
I will have to see where I'm at when my 300WM barrel shits the bed. I might keep it a win mag. Not sure yet.
Im leaning towards a 26" for my 300PRC. Longer won't fit any of my cases.

Being that it’s a primarily going to be for hunting I went with a proof carbon 24” prefit.
Very nice! I have a 26” and wish I did a 24” for hunting. I’m about to build a 6.5PRC that I will definitely put a 24” proof barrel on.

I've been shooting ny 300WM and absolutely love it. Been shooting 220gr ELDX with 75.6gr of H1000 at 2858fps out of a 26" 9 twist bartlein. I love this barrel.. it has 980 rounds down the tube and I've only measured 0.027" throat erosion. ts been shooting 1/2moa consistently on paper out to 500 yards and banging steel out to 1040 yards. Going to take it out to 1500 today and see how she likes this cold Wyoming weather. I dropped it into my X-ray that I bought for my 300PRC build to see how much I like it.
Now to relate to this awesome thread. Ive been slowly purchasing parts for my 300PRC build. I've got an ARC archimedes action, triggertech special, KRG X-ray chassis, CIP magazines. Ive been going back and forth on barrel length and manufacturers. After verification of my throat erosion on my win mag I am definitely going to have another bartlein spun up. Now to length..26" or 28"? Any help either way would be greatly appreciated. Only thing that sucks is im going to have to wait on the barrel purchase until after Christmas...bummer.
My 300WM in the KRG. I like it.
View attachment 7468819View attachment 7468820
Beautiful rifle! I was so close to getting the KRG chassis but ended up with the MPA.

Reactions: JBarton
Anyone here have experince with the 220 LRHTs? About to work some up with RL26. Sadly the BC is a lot lower then the 230 a-tips but I rather have a brand without a reputation of blow up.

Beautiful rifle! I was so close to getting the KRG chassis but ended up with the MPA.
My brother has an MPA 6.5cm. It is an awesome setup.
I hunt with my 300WM with XLR Element chassis and 26" sendero barrel. It weighs just over 15lbs unloaded. Hell I lugged it around for miles elk hunting. It was 5.8 miles from where I harvested my elk to camp. 581 yard shot through both lungs and the damn thing still ran 60-70 yards into the timber.. The first trip packing it out was brutal with the rifle and gear. It was worth it though.

Anyone here have experince with the 220 LRHTs? About to work some up with RL26. Sadly the BC is a lot lower then the 230 a-tips but I rather have a brand without a reputation of blow up.

I've never blown up a 230 A-Tip...and I don't think anyone here in these forums have pushed...or tried to push these things as fast as I've pushed them. Just had to open my log book and look....952 of the 230gr A-Tips...and they are the best bullet I've ever shot. I would not pay the price of the A-Tips if they didn't work. But if I can send a 230gr A-Tip down a 1-9 twist barrel at over 3000 feet per second...and it didn't blow up....then I think 99% of the people here can safely say they aren't going to blow an A-Tip apart.

I've never blown up a 230 A-Tip...and I don't think anyone here in these forums have pushed...or tried to push these things as fast as I've pushed them. Just had to open my log book and look....952 of the 230gr A-Tips...and they are the best bullet I've ever shot. I would not pay the price of the A-Tips if they didn't work. But if I can send a 230gr A-Tip down a 1-9 twist barrel at over 3000 feet per second...and it didn't blow up....then I think 99% of the people here can safely say they aren't going to blow an A-Tip apart.

I have shoot 500 rounds of the 230s atips and didn't have a blow up.

However I have personally seen the 7mm and 338 ATIPS blow up a more then reasonable velocities on the range since then. And I had 147 ELDMs blow up plus the luckbuster CS and response from Hornady. I am looking for other options for this season.

I've seen a lot of 147 ELD-M's blow up...surprised they even sell them still. I've heard about the 7mm and 6mm blowing up....don't really know anyone shooting the 338's.

I've shot my 230's in temps ranging from single digits to 100F....I should be safe in the 240,000 RPMs range. I was looking for some alternatives...will most likely retest some high BC Bergers....but so far...I haven't found anything close for mile+ shooting.

Reactions: Earnhardt
Just dialing the barrel tuner didn't take long....so I think it is working out 'ok' :)

View attachment 7467908

Hopefully this weekend I can go smack some steel out to 2300+ yards...then I'll get a much better feel of how it is going to behave.
When adjusting the tuner to tighten the groups up, how much of an adjustment from the left group to the right group?
Thanks

When adjusting the tuner to tighten the groups up, how much of an adjustment from the left group to the right group?
Thanks

From the left to the right...I moved 2 hash marks...to get the middle group...and then 2 hash marks to get the right group....so not much at all....

anyone else with a 22” have any info to share?

I’m thinking about building a 22” barrel suppressed shooting the 205 elite hunters or 212 ELD-X. I’m already going to take a shot in the dark and know I need RL26. But any one else have some speeds to report in this setup.

Is RL26 burnt out before getting to the end of the muzzle?

I have some H1000 and n565 but no RL26

it’s either this or I’m building a 7 SAUM.

Just finished work ups with my 20” using 212’s, hornady brass and RL26. Getting 2885

Reactions: chevy327 and JB.IC
Has anyone had any success with Reloder 23? It’s the only powder listed in Hornadys load data that I’ve been able to get my hands on. I still have lots of time before I can actually start load development so hopefully I’ll find some H1000 before then.

I’m in the same boat with primers, which are nowhere to be found. I have a couple thousand CCI no. 34s which are supposedly magnum primers, just with a harder cup for service rifles prone to slam fires. Anyone know if these are really good enough for igniting a magnum like the PRC?

Reactions: bunny too
Has anyone had any success with Reloder 23? It’s the only powder listed in Hornadys load data that I’ve been able to get my hands on. I still have lots of time before I can actually start load development so hopefully I’ll find some H1000 before then.

I’m in the same boat with primers, which are nowhere to be found. I have a couple thousand CCI no. 34s which are supposedly magnum primers, just with a harder cup for service rifles prone to slam fires. Anyone know if these are really good enough for igniting a magnum like the PRC?
I think the reloader 23 is only for the lighter projectiles....

I think the reloader 23 is only for the lighter projectiles....

Yeah, Hornady lists data for it up to the 212gr bullets, which is what I intend to load it for as a hunting round. I’m thinking it should be ok with the 200 or 212 bullet in. 24” barrel but I’d be interested to hear if anyone else had any experience with that combo. I haven’t seen much talk about RL-23 though.

Just pre ordered some Lapua 300 PRC brass. The place I ordered from only sells full cases of 1000. They said spring but who knows, also no pricing as of yet. Anyone want to split a case? I'm really only needing 250. I will provide a copy of the sales receipt. PM me if interested.

Just pre ordered some Lapua 300 PRC brass. The place I ordered from only sells full cases of 1000. They said spring but who knows, also no pricing as of yet. Anyone want to split a case? I'm really only needing 250. I will provide a copy of the sales receipt. PM me if interested.
I am good for 250 pieces.

I’d be down for 125 or 250 depending on how many other people want in on it.

Like I said, they don't have pricing as of yet. Said it should be priced to similarly size Lapua brass. I don't need 1000 but it would be nice to get a price break. I'm guessing there is enough interest in it by the replies I won't be stuck with it all.
First PMs filled first.

Creedmoor Sports just notified me that they are taking pre-orders as well on the Lapua 300PRC brass. Hopefully with this many vendors taking preorders...Lapua will get a very good idea of what the demand for the 300PRC brass is...and I'm sure it will surprise them. Hopefully they can spin up their presses and make quality brass...quickly...heh

It’s a long shot I know anyone have 60-200 Rds of factory ammo they would be willing to part with? I ordered some about 8 weeks ago and unsure if it will restock before new year.

It’s a long shot I know anyone have 60-200 Rds of factory ammo they would be willing to part with? I ordered some about 8 weeks ago and unsure if it will restock before new year.
I might be able to find some locally here in Rock Springs Wyoming. What are you after? I think we have ELDX'S.
Let me know and I will check when I get off work.

I've seen a lot of 147 ELD-M's blow up...surprised they even sell them still. I've heard about the 7mm and 6mm blowing up....don't really know anyone shooting the 338's.

I've shot my 230's in temps ranging from single digits to 100F....I should be safe in the 240,000 RPMs range. I was looking for some alternatives...will most likely retest some high BC Bergers....but so far...I haven't found anything close for mile+ shooting.

Been following this 300 PRC thread for a while.

I have a 26” CF Bartlein Barrel on order (since the end of June...) with a 9.5 twist rate. I am a hunter, but shoot at steel a fair amount (~2000 rounds per year) out to 1300 m. The 300 prc was bought ostensibly for elk, but that tends to be 1 week a year, leaving steel for the other 51 weeks.

I plan on mostly shooting 205 gr Berger Hybrid hunting rounds, but I like to test out different bullets and loads. I will probably stick to Bergers as I have had really good luck with them out of my 260 Rem, but I like to experiment.

I also load pretty conservatively, so I won’t be getting anything close to 3000 fps+ with heavier bullets.

So my question is whether you think the 9.5 twist rate will work well for what I want. It seems to stabilize well up to 220 gr, but then become marginal at more bullet weight.

Earlier I saw that Dave Tooley was going with 9.5, so that is reassuring, but this is my first “custom” rifle, and I don’t want to mess it up.

Been following this 300 PRC thread for a while.

I have a 26” CF Bartlein Barrel on order (since the end of June...) with a 9.5 twist rate. I am a hunter, but shoot at steel a fair amount (~2000 rounds per year) out to 1300 m. The 300 prc was bought ostensibly for elk, but that tends to be 1 week a year, leaving steel for the other 51 weeks.

I plan on mostly shooting 205 gr Berger Hybrid hunting rounds, but I like to test out different bullets and loads. I will probably stick to Bergers as I have had really good luck with them out of my 260 Rem, but I like to experiment.

I also load pretty conservatively, so I won’t be getting anything close to 3000 fps+ with heavier bullets.

So my question is whether you think the 9.5 twist rate will work well for what I want. It seems to stabilize well up to 220 gr, but then become marginal at more bullet weight.

Earlier I saw that Dave Tooley was going with 9.5, so that is reassuring, but this is my first “custom” rifle, and I don’t want to mess it up.
Im building a 300 PRC and am going to put a bartlein 9 twist on it. I think you will be very happy with your decision.
Ive been shooting 220gr out of a bartlein 9 twist on my 300WM with awesome results. I have seen some post good results with 9.5 twist barrels on both a win mag and prc shooting heavier bullets. Only one way to find out though. Hope you enjoy it.

Reactions: fmillik