• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 RUM with Answer Systems Brake for Hunting

jaredinco

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2011
Arvada, CO
Is this overkill for deer, elk, etc.? Does anyone have experience with the brake? The second option I am looking at is a 300 WSM without a brake. This one seems a little more reasonable for the game size and ranges I will be working with.

Re: 300 RUM with Answer Systems Brake for Hunting

hunted with one for about 5 seasons great gun i havea kdf brake on mine works great only prop is you have to shoot handloads rally no good factory ammo

Probably nothing past 300 on elk or deer, probably longer on pronghorn. I already handload so its just a matter of new dies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JP Quillen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Probably nothing past 300 on elk or deer, probably longer on pronghorn. I already handload so its just a matter of new dies. </div></div>

Oh, well I'd pick something like a 7mm rem mag because it will be cheaper and easier to shoot.