• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

.30'06 vs .308

Re: .30'06 vs .308

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c4xplsv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had asked this question at the cmp forums and it was related to an M1 garand chambered in 308.

My question was: "Would there be an appreciable difference in an m1 chambered in 308?"

I was answered with the following article.
http://www.snipercountry.com/articles/accuracyfacts.asp </div></div>

Every time that article is quoted I get a small chuckle.

Full of pseudo-evidence and anecdotal reasons why the 308 is more accurate than than it's bigger brother...

After owning several of both in match grade rifles I (as well as several other shooters on here) have yet to show that the 308 is more inherently accurate than the 30-06. Even German Salazaar's information is based upon finishing and hit %'s during positional shooting over thousands of rounds.

It shows that the 308 is more shootable in High Power and XTC than the 30-06 is. Long strings in uncomfortable jackets/slings/gloves in a sport which shooter fatigue contributes enormously.