• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors 300WM "Reflex" Suppressor

EODcrawler

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2014
I'm looking into my next suppressor purchase and am really want a "reflex" style 300WM capable suppressor. It will be mounted on numerous hosts including 300WM, 308, and 300BLK. I've done a lot of searching and the only one I can find is the Ops Inc 7.62 3rd Model, but good luck finding one of those, and I can't even confirm if it'll take 300WM. If there's not one out there, then so be it. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ops Inc is out of business now. Ron Allen was THE guy building the Ops cans and he is now Allen Engineering. His cans are pretty much identical to the Ops lineup. ADCO stocks/sells the AE cans. I have an Ops Inc 3rd Model .30cal and love it. Not sure it's 300WM rated though.

AE link...

Allen Engineering Suppressor Mounts and Collars

ADCO link

https://www.adcofirearms.com/acc/pr...=Allen Engineering&product_category=Silencers

I believe all of Ops Inc 30 cal cans were 300 WM rated. I know that all of the AE30's are 300 WM rated.

I have a T8 reflex on my 308, you can get them for 300wm also.very good build quality and sound reduction.No loss of accuracy and repeatable poi shift with can on/off.heres a link to 1 stockist Reflex - Northern Optics and Accessories .
A pic of my t8 on my 308
1z67gnd.jpg

I'd go AE30.
When I spoke to Ron Allen about his cans he said that if the bullet fit down the bore he would honor the warrantee. I asked about the 22-250 or 22/6.6x47 Lapua, no problem, in his AE22 and when we talked about 30 caliber he mentioned if I wanted to put an AE30 on a 16" 300 RUM that it could handle it. The only limiter he mentioned was under 10" 5.56(full auto in a 2 baffle can).

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the info. I had no idea that Ops Inc was out of business. I'll give Allen Engineering a call just to confirm what I hope. Looks like that might be the best option.

Three57, I've looked at the RSTA and from what I've read, it's only for 7.62/308. The only 300WM rated 762 can Griffin Armament makes is the PHS300. If the RSTA in fact can handle 300WM, I'll definitely give it a look. I've heard nothing but good things about Griffin Armamnet.

I just got an email from Ron at Allen Engineering stating that 300WM is no problem for the AE30. Good to know. Now to give ADCO a call.

I just got an email from Ron at Allen Engineering stating that 300WM is no problem for the AE30. Good to know. Now to give ADCO a call.
Don't bother calling them. Just order it online, email a copy of your local FFL/SOT certs to [email protected] and they'll get your AE30 form 3 started.

I have an ae 30 and use it on my 300wm. It is the best sounding suppressor I have ever heard. Ron make the best suppressors out there today.

I own two Ron Allen-made Ops Inc cans, Model 12th in 5.56 and .30 cal. I also have AAC and KAC cans.
If I were in the market for a precision 30 cal suppressor today I would take a serious look at Ron's AE30, as it is a hybrid of the 3rd and 12th models. It requires regular 5/8-24in threading, no adapter, with a shoulder profiled 2.5in beyond, not as long as the old 3rd model. 300WM compatible, and with a rock bottom price you get excellent customer service.

I believe all of Ops Inc 30 cal cans were 300 WM rated. I know that all of the AE30's are 300 WM rated.

For the archives: (edited for length)
Hi Bruno,
All of our 30 caliber suppressors will work with a 30 caliber round, just has to be a .308 bullet. 300 Win Mag, 30-30, 300NM will all work for this without a problem just don't use anything like a 338 because of the diameter of the bullet.
Daniel