• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 125 gr Nosler BT and Varget hand load

jackal1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2010
Hawaii
Hey guys looking for a accurate load for a 308 with a 16'' barrel using Varget and Nosler 125 gr ballistic tips and Lapua Palma small primer brass. Im gonna be fire forming new brass and wanna see what kind of potential it has on a sweet spot that any one has been using. I do understand all barrels are different but im sure there is a sweet spot to start with without burning allot of powder.

Want some snow?

Hey guys looking for a accurate load for a 308 with a 16'' barrel using Varget and Nosler 125 gr ballistic tips and Lapua Palma small primer brass. Im gonna be fire forming new brass and wanna see what kind of potential it has on a sweet spot that any one has been using. I do understand all barrels are different but im sure there is a sweet spot to start with without burning allot of powder.

Just reading your post. I had some good results with 125 Speer spitzers, a while ago. BUT, I used 46.6 grns. H4895 at a COL of 2.7. Shot 10 into 3/4 in. at 100, with a 24" barrel. I was surprised,

How'd this turn out for you? Sounds like an excellent idea. Those bullets are hard to come by now, though. You can get Sierra 125 gr flat base Match Kings, though.