• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 155gr Loads with H4895 or H335??????

29aholic

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2010
Southwest MO
I have a ton of these two powders and was wondering if anyone had a load that has worked for them I can use as a start?
Obviously, I have all the manuals in the world but I thought one you fine hide members might be able to give me a headstart.

Rifle is a SPS tactical (factory) 1:12 twist 20" barrel.

I currently load 42.5gr H4895 with a 168 that shoots great.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
H4895 is not listed on the sierra manual for 155 gr 308 bullets, but that was my go to powder for the 155s. Load a couple of rounds with 45 gr just to check your pressure, then work up from there. I was shooting 47 gr for a while, which was a pretty stiff load, teetering on over pressure.

H4895 is not listed on the sierra manual for 155 gr 308 bullets, but that was my go to powder for the 155s. Load a couple of rounds with 45 gr just to check your pressure, then work up from there. I was shooting 47 gr for a while, which was a pretty stiff load, teetering on over pressure.

Thanks, I'll try it.

When I was shooting 155's I used 45.2gr and it would hold its own with the 175s until the wind got to blowing hard. I was using 155 SMK Palma

When I was shooting 155's I used 45.2gr and it would hold its own with the 175s until the wind got to blowing hard. I was using 155 SMK Palma

What kind of velocity? The whole reason for going with 155's is to make up velocity lost with a 20" barrel.
Thanks