• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 brass

wjusticed

Private
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2009
N.C.
Was wondering if any body had resized 7mm 08 to make 308 brass? Or is there a casing that would work like 307? Just wondering sense I can’t seem to find 308 brass anywhere.
thanks Bill

Re: 308 brass

Yes it will work until some dofus shoves one with a .308 bullet in a long throated 7mm08.... BOOM!

There is 308 brass for sale on the Hide all the time. Do a search.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wjustice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was wondering if any body had resized 7mm 08 to make 308 brass? Or is there a casing that would work like 307? Just wondering sense I can’t seem to find 308 brass anywhere.
thanks Bill </div></div>

.307 won't work unless you have a lathe to turn down the rim..

Neck up 7mm-o8 and you will more than likely shorten the neck but you will thin it out, so much so that there may not be enough neck tension.

Keep looking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wjustice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked for brass at cabelas but it was all back order </div></div>

Same here
frown.gif