• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 vs. 6.5 Creed in 16 inch lightweight bolt gun for mountain trekking

I just started loading the 150 BD2, the BC blows away hammer or Barnes bullets. First conservative load I tried with LVR (47 gr) Im getting 2921 fps in a 20” Tikka. Unfortunately there wont be any more Lapua 308 SRP for a while, probably because the German army realized it might be a good idea to have more than 2 days worth of ammunition in the event a ground war starts in Europe.
Just for informational purposes I noticed awhile back, there was a difference between Lapua Palma SR and Lapua LR...so today at 88° I shot groups with 2 ball powders and different bullets, with same weighted charges in both Lapua Palma and regular LR brass...the results were the 155 gr bullets were 50 fps faster with the Lapua LR primers ...and single digit S/D in every case...and generally more accurate. Went to heavy bullets 230 SMK and had similar results 40 fps higher velocities and single digit S/D and better overall accuracy with large rifle primers...with 2 ball powders, the S/D was 3 times that of the single digit S/D of the LR primers, which was providing excellent consistency and better general accuracy. You'd have to add a grain of powder, extra to the SR Palma to get up to the velocity of the LR BR2 primers. I have many new boxes of Lapua Palma brass, and somewhat disappointed on it's performance with ball powder, it may be better with easier to ignite stick powders. Check for yourself with your powder, especially ball, to see which case SR or LR primered is better for you..Starline has a larger flash hole in their SR cases which may be better than Lapua SR with a smaller flash hole...for ball powders...always more testing.

Reactions: Graywolf.260